GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,928
4 members and 1,924 guests
bbobbyusady4719, LaneSig, Sciencewoman

Old 07-11-2007, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBADPi View Post
Ballerina slippers work well too...I had a friend buy a pair of really cute ones online and wore those the whole night.
Yes. Target has ballet slippers in many colors, they are comfier than slipper-slippers and cost all of $12. I have 4 pairs.

I veto the flip flops simply because I don't like that thing between my toes.

Sneakers + on your feet all day at the wedding + no sox = smelly feet. It will be a smelly feet wedding.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:04 PM

Wow.

In most of the weddings I've been in, the bride just wore the uncomfortable shoes to the ceremony/pictures and changed into flats/flip flops/whatever for the reception.

Lakers Nation.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Yeah, those shoes are ugly. I would go with flip-flops or ballet flats. But it's your wedding, so do what you want.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Wow. I'm all about being comfortable but those are just...wow. I'll be nice and say they're different so I don't get tagged as a bully or a monster.

And Jesus speaketh, "do unto others as they did unto you because the bitches deserve it".

Old 07-11-2007, 12:36 PM
GreekChat Member

At a wedding of some friends a few years ago, the bride wore white platform sneakers under her shoes. Personally, I thought they were hideous and tacky, but that's what she wanted and she loved them.

I wore red, low-heeled sandals and switched into red sequined flip flops at the reception. I told the bridesmaids I didn't care what kind of shoe they wore as long as they were black and they were comfortable in them. I gave them each a pair of flip flops to change into at the reception if they wanted.

I'm sure some people where aghast that I wore red shoes but that's what I wanted and I didn't really give two whits what other people thought. If you like them and think they're cute, that's all that matters. No matter what, people are going to have an opinion on them, and they may or may not say it to your face. There's no point in getting all up in arms about it, especially on an internet message board where you're never going to meet 99.99999% of the people with whom you interact.
Perhaps it'll be a hootshinpaloozaree. I don't know.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBADPi View Post
Ballerina slippers work well too...I had a friend buy a pair of really cute ones online and wore those the whole night.
Let me add some more info...I'm a know-it-all today, huh?

Ballet slippers - as in what you wear in ballet class - have NO support whatsoever. They would be like walking around barefoot all day. If your feet and legs and back can handle that, go for it. If not, get something with support.

Ballet flats - as in the actual shoes that are very popular right now - do have support so I would think that's a better option.

And I guess I'm lucky that I don't find heels uncomfortable. Well, some are, but not all of them. I just don't buy ones that are uncomfortable.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Wedding #1 - low heeled white lace (great for initiations later!) to go with traditional wedding dress and Juliet cap.
Wedding #2 - bone t-strap heels to go with tasteful blue dress and cloche hat.

Both were comfortable and low-key. Wedding #1 shoes were not much good for anything but initiations - Wedding #2 were great shoes for work.

Knowing my daughter, she'll have 4 inch red heels! If the bride is happy, the shoes are good.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adpiucf View Post
Yeah, those shoes are ugly. I would go with flip-flops or ballet flats. But it's your wedding, so do what you want.

Well apparently I am not the only one who is thinking that. I think those shoes would look much cuter without the sequins. Those are just wierd.
I am the type that would rather suck it up and wear heels.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:53 PM
GreekChat Member

I had a pair of heels for my wedding, and they were comfortable for the first few hours, but I ended up kicking them off at some point and was just in my stocking-feet toward the end (but I prefer to be barefoot anyway).

I would recommend that no matter what shoes you choose- break them in first. I went to one wedding in Nashville, TN where the bride wore custom white cowboy (cowgirl?) boots, however she forgot to break them in and ended up with very sore feet.

Finally, yes, it's your $50 and your wedding so do whatever you want. But I reserve the right to have an opinion on the shoes. But hey, at least they are better looking than those Rainbows from the "rainbow shoes" thread.

So I depart that I may now better serve my fellow man, my country & God
Old 07-11-2007, 11:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, here are my wedding shoes. They weren't the most comfortable shoes but they did look good. Of course, this was almost 2 years ago.

Old 07-12-2007, 10:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PM_Mama00 Send a message via Yahoo to PM_Mama00
Quote:
Originally Posted by xo_kathy View Post
PM - A few words of caution...

If you and the gals are all wearing flip flops, it will sound horrible as you all walk down the aisle. Maybe for later at the reception, but they can suck it up for a few minutes at the ceremony (IMO).

Also, you ALWAYS see the shoes even with a long dress. A properly hemmed dress will barely skim the floor and have enough room to let your foot escape out the front as you walk. All the pics of my walking down the aisle or dancing, you can absolutely see my shoes.

Just something to think about...
Lol the day is all about me so I don't care!

Also, I don't see this happening for a long while.

KLTC
Old 07-12-2007, 11:14 AM
GreekChat Member

One of my friends had a beach wedding. She wore some woven wedges for the ceremony and then changed into flip flops for the reception-- I thought this was such a good idea. I think wearing heels near the sand would have guaranteed a broken ankle! Something to think about if you go to an outdoor wedding-- heels tend to sink into sand and dirt-- not comfy at all!
Old 07-12-2007, 11:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adpiucf View Post
One of my friends had a beach wedding. She wore some woven wedges for the ceremony and then changed into flip flops for the reception-- I thought this was such a good idea. I think wearing heels near the sand would have guaranteed a broken ankle! Something to think about if you go to an outdoor wedding-- heels tend to sink into sand and dirt-- not comfy at all!
I was an attendant at a beach wedding and the entire bridal party (and most of the guests) were barefoot. In fact our girfts from the bride and groom included these really cool beaded foot jewlery things- kind of like an anklet that then had a piece that extended down the top of your foot to your second toe- which had a ring on it to hold it all in place. We even had pictures taken of all of the female attendant's jeweled bare feet. We switched into shoes at the reception.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:00 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
My friend wore a pair of white Doc Martens under her dress. Awesome idea! I just had a pair of ballet flats. Could not find the white doc martens in a size 10. Besides, my mom woulda had a cow
Old 07-12-2007, 07:34 PM
GreekChat Member

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/12629344.html

I like these.