GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,429
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Zae_TheCreator
» Online Users: 2,281
3 members and 2,278 guests
Cookiez17, Overthinker, Pinkmagnolia921

Old 02-25-2012, 07:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile View Post
We saw "This Means War" last night, and really enjoyed it. There were some predictable scenes, but it was the best I've seen in a while.

Stars Reese Witherspoon, Chris Pine, and Tom Hardy, two CIA operatives compete for Reese's character. Definitely a great date movie!
Saw it today and I really enjoyed it, too. I didn't know much about it going in and was pleasantly surprised.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-25-2012, 11:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen1aur 1963 View Post
You're not going to see Tyler Perry's Good Deeds?.
Nah, I don't like those type of movies.
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!
Old 02-28-2012, 04:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
Nah, I don't like those type of movies.
LOL I'll bet you've never even seen any of his movies. You jump the gun too much, Cheerful. LOL.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:13 PM
Banned

I'm going to see Good Deeds this week. It looks like yet another much needed break from the stereotypical Black folks in Hollywood roles.

I will let you all know if the movie pisses me off.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen1aur 1963 View Post
LOL I'll bet you've never even seen any of his movies. You jump the gun too much, Cheerful. LOL.
I don't have any interest in watching some guy dress up as an old lady. I don't understand the humor in his movies, at all.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:14 PM
Banned

Someone tell cheerfulgreek that Madea is not in all of Tyler Perry's movies.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
I'm going to see Good Deeds this week. It looks like yet another much needed break from the stereotypical Black folks in Hollywood roles.

I will let you all know if the movie pisses me off.
It was pretty good though I admit, it was weird seeing Tyler play a film lead as a man. It felt weird in the previews and it felt weird in the movie though he played a nerd well. Overall, the movie was little predictable with some good twists. I was able to predict the end but not the way it got there. Ooh and bonus points for a TP film NOT shot in Atlanta (this one takes place in San Francisco). That's a first, I believe. He really branched out with this one though Thandie and that chip on her shoulder got on my nerves a little. I give it 3.75/5 stars judging against most movies I've seen recently. 3.5/4 stars judging against the rest of his films.

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl

Last edited by christiangirl; 02-29-2012 at 01:39 AM.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Just recently saw Safe House...it was cool for a mid to end of winter movie kinda saw the twist early on...also saw Ghost Rider (on because wife loves Idris). It was about what I expected. A view once, purge and move on flick.
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Old 02-29-2012, 01:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
I don't have any interest in watching some guy dress up as an old lady. I don't understand the humor in his movies, at all.
CTFU!! Cheerful, so you think Madea shows up in all of his movies? That's proof positive that you've never seen any of his movies. Most of his movies have good messages in them, even the ones with Madea in them. You really should see some of his movies, you'd like them. Don't see "Why did I get married too" -that was dumb as hell. He made that shit just to get a quick buck. Check out "Good Deeds", it was pretty good.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:11 PM
GreekChat Member

I think I jinxed myself, because earlier today, Mr. sent me a text saying that he wanted to see the 7:50 showing of "Good Deeds" tonight. Soooo, looks like I'll be going after all. I doubt I'll enjoy it, but at least the popcorn will be yummy.

Last edited by cheerfulgreek; 02-29-2012 at 07:26 PM.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:41 AM
GreekChat Member

So, we ended up seeing a double feature, tonight. "Good Deeds" was such a predictable dud, that we decided to see "Gone" too, since it started about an hour after "Good Dud" (lol) ended. Okay, so like, "Gone" was SO good. It was so creepy. I was like "omg, omg, omg! he's in the truck, he's in the truck, he's in the truck..." Best movie for 2012, so far...that, and Red Tails. I gave it 5 stars out of 5, just because it was so creepy and unpredictable. Some of the police scenes I thought were kind of "that would never happen" kind of thing, but overall, I loved it. A must see.

I gave "Good Deeds" 0.5 stars out of 5. I mean, it was just so predictable. It's just that about a half hour into it, and we knew what was going to happen throughout the entire movie. I was like, seriously? Plus, some parts were like... I didn't like it. Glad it wasn't my pick.

Last edited by cheerfulgreek; 03-01-2012 at 12:44 AM.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by christiangirl View Post
It was pretty good though I admit, it was weird seeing Tyler play a film lead as a man. It felt weird in the previews and it felt weird in the movie though he played a nerd well. Overall, the movie was little predictable with some good twists. I was able to predict the end but not the way it got there. Ooh and bonus points for a TP film NOT shot in Atlanta (this one takes place in San Francisco). That's a first, I believe. He really branched out with this one though Thandie and that chip on her shoulder got on my nerves a little. I give it 3.75/5 stars judging against most movies I've seen recently. 3.5/4 stars judging against the rest of his films.
I liked it.

Good cast. It was predictable but it is good seeing Perry moving further away from his stereotypical roles. It wasn't good seeing Perry in some of those scenes...yuck...but good job overall. I will buy the dvd.

I look forward to "Think Like a Man." Since there are two Omegas in the movie, the Colemans may make a movie night out of it.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Got around to watching Hugo a few days ago.

Loved it. I see why it got a lot of the accolades that it did.
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Old 03-01-2012, 12:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
So, we ended up seeing a double feature, tonight. "Good Deeds" was such a predictable dud, that we decided to see "Gone" too, since it started about an hour after "Good Dud" (lol) ended. Okay, so like, "Gone" was SO good. It was so creepy. I was like "omg, omg, omg! he's in the truck, he's in the truck, he's in the truck..." Best movie for 2012, so far...that, and Red Tails. I gave it 5 stars out of 5, just because it was so creepy and unpredictable. Some of the police scenes I thought were kind of "that would never happen" kind of thing, but overall, I loved it. A must see.

I gave "Good Deeds" 0.5 stars out of 5. I mean, it was just so predictable. It's just that about a half hour into it, and we knew what was going to happen throughout the entire movie. I was like, seriously? Plus, some parts were like... I didn't like it. Glad it wasn't my pick.
Damn, you didn't like it? LOL you didn't like it because you already had it in your mind that you don't like Tyler Perry, so it wouldn't have mattered how good it was, your opinion was already formed. Did your boy like the movie?

I've never heard of "Gone". It was that good huh? How long has it been out? It must be new because I didn't even see anything like it on the movie menu.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
It wasn't good seeing Perry in some of those scenes...yuck...
I know exactly which scene you're talking about and I had the same reaction. It was so awkward that it was a little hard to watch.

Quote:
I look forward to "Think Like a Man." Since there are two Omegas in the movie, the Colemans may make a movie night out of it.
Which 2? I'm definitely looking forward to that one. My co-workers and I are planning a trip to see it but I'm sad that it's so far away.

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl