GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Fundraising
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,457
Threads: 115,512
Welcome to our newest member, ER_Pike
» Online Users: 2,785
3 members and 2,782 guests
Cookiez17, Kevin, Xidelt

Old 10-08-2000, 12:14 AM
Can'tRememberMyPassword

Post $$$Money$$$

My apologies for posting this message under Greek Life, but I can't remember my password. Here's my dilemma:My sorority has no fun and great ways to raise money for our chapter. We have lots of things we do for our philanthropy, but nothing that works out really goood for our chapter. We need some ideas!!!!! Thanks.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-09-2001, 01:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Our sorority found a woman in our area that sells tupperware. Although it might not sound like you'll make much we found out that if we sell out of the fundraising catalog we can make $40 for every $100 sold. I know it sounds like a lot of selling to do but you only need to sell about 5 pieces to make $100. We also will have a family day at the end of the year. Each girl makes a craft with letters on or whatever. We invite our families to lunch and then we auction off the craft items. They include things like shirts and towels and after the auction we have a pie in the face sale. That's pretty self explanitory. Hope this can help you out a little.
Old 03-09-2001, 05:06 PM
Unregistered-

My chapter is in the process of fundraising to send 10 girls to convention this summer and because it's in Atlanta, GA it's going to cost an arm and a leg.

Anyway, we decided to sell shirts that have our mascot on a surfboard. They were a hit on campus and people started recognizing us.

Our alums fell in love with it that we had to order more...and now the logo will soon be appearing on mugs, waterbottles, tote bags, and key chains.

The shirt only cost $5.00 to produce and we've been selling them for $15.00. A $10.00 profit from each shirt is awesome, and with the revenue we'll be getting from the other products I'm pretty sure we'll be able to attend convention!!!

We've also had car washes that have provided us with extra $$$ to make our formals a little nicer!

------------------
*I'm an Alpha Gam...Yes I am, Yes I am!*
Old 03-10-2001, 04:32 PM
GreekChat Member

The fund raising at my local are Hot-Tub-A-Thon with a local Soro. Western Week, and of course the International Can Food Drive. Some of the LXA Chapters do a Watermelon Fest to raise $$$. Is a food drive but with fun for the SOROS!

------------------
Tom Earp LX Z#1
Pittsburg State U. (Kansas)
Old 03-19-2001, 11:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to vixenkappa Send a message via Yahoo to vixenkappa
Wink

Our sorority does a silent auction. We get donations from all kinds of places( movie theater, white water rafting trip, weekend get-a-ways, crafts..ect) and we set up a booth for people to "bid" on items. this has proven to be very beneficial. The only cost is time and a little pubicity.
Old 03-19-2001, 11:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to vixenkappa Send a message via Yahoo to vixenkappa
Wink

Our sorority does a silent auction. We get donations from all kinds of places( movie theater, white water rafting trip, weekend get-a-ways, crafts..ect) and we set up a booth for people to "bid" on items. this has proven to be very beneficial. The only cost is time and a little pubicity.

Shannon

------------------
"Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadow."
Helen Keller
Old 03-19-2001, 04:22 PM
GreekChat Member

I sell prepaid phone cards at my shop and give a break for Greeks. 20.00 card is 17.00, has 1961 minutes on it. .39 cent access fee and .01 a minute. you can make 3.00 per card and sell to anyone. When they use it up they come back to buy more.

------------------
Tom Earp LX Z#1
Pittsburg State U. (Kansas)
Old 04-09-2001, 09:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation

I just came across this and it looks like a good way for sororities and fraternities to raise money. Basically you tell all your memeber to buy plane tickets, textbooks, class rings, etc. through a web portal that the frat or sorority purchases from this company and all commissions from sales will flow back to the frat or sorority. You can read about it and sign up for it at http://www.e2.tv/portal/default.asp?id=3687058 You can e-mail me if you have questions.