GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 933
1 members and 932 guests
No Members online

Old 01-28-2016, 12:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Infoview question

How to make yourself stand out in an info view with the nationals colonizing a new chapter at your school?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-28-2016, 06:28 AM
Super Moderator

Good- Dress business casual and look put together- conservative makeup and neat appearance. Have a resume handy- again professional and businesslike. Be friendly and respectful. Come with a few questions to ask the infoviewer. Be friendly and interact with the other girls. Be ready to talk about yourself.

Bad- dress like after the infoview you are going clubbing. Wear heavy makeup. Chew gum. Show disinterest and speak to no one other than the TLCs and the national officers.
Old 01-28-2016, 10:04 AM

Info view? Is this a new word?
Old 01-28-2016, 12:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Be genuine. Show interest. Have a few activities ready to highlight during the interview. (Like 2 or 3 examples). Pick ones that show your leadership potential and campus involvement.
Old 01-28-2016, 01:34 PM
GreekChat Member

I think specifics always help people stand out. Making a connection with the interviewer is always important because they are more likely to remember you. Talk about what you love to do and what you are passionate about, because you will be enthusiastic and alive and that will help you "stand out". Good luck.
the confidence in our actions,
and the purpose in our hearts.
Old 01-28-2016, 01:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Info view? Is this a new word?
I'm not familiar with the term either; but, it looks like there's at least one NPC group which uses this term for colony recruitment.

True and Constant
Old 01-28-2016, 01:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by navane View Post
I'm not familiar with the term either; but, it looks like there's at least one NPC group which uses this term for colony recruitment.
I think it's short for informational interview. Similar to "volun-told", which is used commonly in my group.
the confidence in our actions,
and the purpose in our hearts.
Old 01-28-2016, 02:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amillionlights View Post
I think it's short for informational interview. Similar to "volun-told", which is used commonly in my group.
No, I got it immediately. I've just not seen it in common use. Alpha Gamma Delta has been known to refer to their colony interviews as "infoviews".

True and Constant
Old 01-28-2016, 11:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Google Elevator Pitch. This is a process that takes work and practice, but it's a skill that you will use innumerable times in your life. The sooner you master it the better.

Have 3 stories ready to tell about yourself; funny, touching, whatever. It might be something you did last summer or a day with your best friend or when you won the cheerleading competition. But charming, short, concise. Again it's a skill that once mastered will serve you well for the rest of your life. More than a checklist of experiences, it should give your partner an understanding of YOU. I have told the story about when I fell from a trapeze. It's funny, stressful, tells a story about a job I had and shows strengths as well as one critical weakness, which in this case is a literal lack of upper body strength. Does anyone need to know a story about 10 minutes of my life 30 years ago? No. But it always makes people laugh and definitely makes me memorable. And being that it highlights a horrendously embarrassing moment, it shows a lighter, less intense side of myself.
Old 01-28-2016, 11:50 PM
GreekChat Member

"Volun-told?"

Old 01-29-2016, 06:25 AM
Super Moderator

Sure. I done told you to volunteer!
Old 01-29-2016, 08:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by navane View Post
No, I got it immediately. I've just not seen it in common use. Alpha Gamma Delta has been known to refer to their colony interviews as "infoviews".
Alpha Gamma Delta does not currently use that term and has not used it for several years.
Old 01-29-2016, 12:49 PM
GreekChat Member

The S.T.A.R. approach works great if you're asked about leadership and problem-solving.
S = Situation
T = Task
A = Action
R = Result
What was the situation/problem/issue? What were your calculations on how to solve the issue? What actions were taken? (Were you leading the actions?) What was the result?
Old 01-31-2016, 12:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorD View Post
Alpha Gamma Delta does not currently use that term and has not used it for several years.
Thanks for the update. I saw it as recently as 2 years ago at a colonization in my region. It may have just been an anomaly or something.

True and Constant