GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls
» Online Users: 1,681
2 members and 1,679 guests
Cookiez17

Old 07-22-2008, 10:54 PM
GreekChat Member

N.C. State Fraternity Rush

I'm trying to find out what are some good fraternities at North Carolina State so I have some idea of where to start spending my time during rush. If anybody knows anything about the greek life of NC State and the fraternities there just let me know.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to banditone
All I know is that they recently started bulldozing fraternity row and will be building a pretty badass greek village soon. A good time to be a incoming frosh.
I don't know any of the tiers there, so you'll have to ask someone else.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:41 AM
GreekChat Member

PM me if you want to know some details.. I don't want to single anyone out on GC but I'll offer some helpful advice one-on-one. wooo WOLFPACK!! so stoked for football season!!
... devotion to the right, the good, and the true
think pink
Old 07-24-2008, 09:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBabyZTA View Post
PM me if you want to know some details.. I don't want to single anyone out on GC but I'll offer some helpful advice one-on-one. wooo WOLFPACK!! so stoked for football season!!
go heels?
Old 07-24-2008, 10:48 PM
GreekChat Member

uhhh no! this is a NCSU thread... take your tar-hole attitude elsewhere.
think pink
Old 07-24-2008, 11:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DreamfulSpirit
Quote:
uhhh no! this is a NCSU thread... take your tar-hole attitude elsewhere.

I second that as an NCSU alumni!!!! GO WOLFPACK!!!!!
Old 07-25-2008, 12:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditone View Post
All I know is that they recently started bulldozing fraternity row and will be building a pretty badass greek village soon. A good time to be a incoming frosh.
I don't know any of the tiers there, so you'll have to ask someone else.
Seems like the good time would be in about 5 years. What's the time table for that project?

and GO HEELS
Old 07-25-2008, 01:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to banditone
"Infrastructure construction for Phase 1 has begun, and building lots will be available for house construction in the fall. We anticipate the first houses opening in late 2009 and early 2010. The lots for Phase 1 are in the general area of the original Pi Kappa Alpha and Sigma Nu houses."

Old 07-25-2008, 02:46 PM
GreekChat Member

You just wait for football season.. we'll see who will be crying those baby blues then

BACK THE PACK!!
think pink
Old 07-25-2008, 03:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditone View Post
"Infrastructure construction for Phase 1 has begun, and building lots will be available for house construction in the fall. We anticipate the first houses opening in late 2009 and early 2010. The lots for Phase 1 are in the general area of the original Pi Kappa Alpha and Sigma Nu houses."

WOW... that's what we need in chapel hill!
Old 07-25-2008, 09:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Carolina doesn't need that! The housing now is perfect. Every house is recently renovated and at their structural peaks.

It is a shame that certain fraternities do not have houses, but there isn't room. There were houses on the golf course in the past. Now there are none because of the distance from campus. And that was only one mile or so away.

On a KA note, I don't feel bad for them. The chapter that bought their house, Pi Lam, had the same thing happen to them a few years before in fraternity court. Now that house is an apartment building. That needs to change! Maybe KA can buy the old Pi Lam house?
Old 07-26-2008, 12:19 AM
GreekChat Member

alright Carolina people. I will never understand why y'all must have the last say or take over a conversation we (State) begin. It's like sitting next to an UNC fan in a Raleigh bar. Go make your own UNC Greek Housing thread.

on a side note.. that Greek community project is going to ROCK! Now maybe we can get LXA back up here!!
think pink
Old 07-26-2008, 12:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DreamfulSpirit
Quote:
alright Carolina people. I will never understand why y'all must have the last say or take over a conversation we (State) begin. It's like sitting next to an UNC fan in a Raleigh bar. Go make your own UNC Greek Housing thread.

on a side note.. that Greek community project is going to ROCK! Now maybe we can get LXA back up here!!

Exactly!! It'll be nice to see Tri-Delta get their own place now too, as they are the newest sorority on campus!
Old 07-26-2008, 12:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina blue View Post
They've tried to buy that house from SAE--they definitely have the alumni support--but SAE isn't selling. There was talk of a few unhoused fraternities banding together and buying the old DZ house, but that fell through. It would have had a shared kitchen, but the rest would have been split into a chapter room-type set-up, with possibly a few bedrooms per fraternity for officers. I can see why all of the guys thought that wouldn't be optimal. I know they're looking for space, maybe to build, but there really isn't anything within range of the other houses.

Which, in a nutshell, is why you sell your soul to hang onto your property in Chapel Hill...it's a tough lesson to learn at the expense of your chapter.
News to me that SAE owns the apartment house in fraternity court. I know the guy who bought it in 2002 and renovated it rent as apartments was not from UNC. He must have sold it recently?

Has anyone bought the DZ house? That house has one of the worst designs I've ever seen. I can't even describe how dysfunctional it is, especially considering it isn't even ten years old.

I heard that the Church on Franklin bought the old KAT house on Rosemary as an 'annex' (sort of). So there really are limited options. That's why I don't blame Pi Lam. They had the cash at the right time (I'm pretty sure one alumn bought it outright--no mortgage) and jumped on the open house.

I can only think of one fraternity that currently has a house and may be in financial problems. It could be a long time before another house goes up for sale. Then again no one would have guessed the KA house would have been available.

What happened to the PKP house? I know they aren't around. Last of the golf course fraternities (besides the pre pharm house).
Old 07-26-2008, 12:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Sorry -- I'll leave it to NCSU topics!