GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Risk Management - Hazing & etc.

Risk Management - Hazing & etc. This forum covers Risk Management topics such as: Hazing, Alcohol Abuse/Awareness, Date Rape Awareness, Eating Disorder Prevention, Liability, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls
» Online Users: 1,329
2 members and 1,327 guests
anatexaxd6741

Old 03-25-2005, 04:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Pi Kappa Alpha Suspends U. of Miami (FL) Chapter

Pi Kappa Alpha HQ has suspended its Miami (Florida) chapter for at least 30 days. The fraternity and the university will be investigating. The suspension is due to allegations of violations of fraternity policy and the school's conduct code. The chapter is also reportedly "financially delinquent" to Pike HQ.

Sounds like a difficult situation for all concerned. The student paper's report is at

http://www.thehurricaneonline.com/ne...n-902625.shtml
Old 03-25-2005, 04:48 PM

THANK YOU for adding the "FL" to the heading.
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.
Old 03-25-2005, 06:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs down

What is the old saying, if the Foo Shits, then one Must wear it.

Forest Gump, "Stupid is what Stupid does".

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 03-29-2005, 01:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Wow and on Feb 8th, Pike's charter at UCF was revoked...must be a tough time in FL for them =(
Old 04-04-2005, 04:31 PM
GreekChat Member

cashmoney, care to chime in about Pi Kappa Alpha and the Sunshine State?
Old 04-04-2005, 04:34 PM
GreekChat Member

sigh!!!!
when will they get it?
Old 04-04-2005, 08:50 PM
Banned

I really don't know what to say about it all. Most of the people on GC that know me somewhat think I'm one of a kind or that something is wrong with me......but I'm really ok and I'm not "that guy" from my old chapter. If you ask me Pike's strongest and best chapters are in the Sunshine State (Cali represents big,too). When I was in school my chapter was kicked off campus and our charter pulled, it shattered our chapter. I wont go into details why but it's the same thing over and over again with chapters here IMO. It wasnt even a year after having our charter back (Alpha Eta) that those guys got in more trouble fucking up the lion at UCF and pulling up stop signs. Since then the chapter has calmed down to my knowledge but then we have UCF's chapter getting expelled and its charter pulled after it's issues. If you ask me I was just waiting for UCF to get nailed.....I knew it was going to happen sooner or later. I know some of the guys from that chapter and they were just like us at UF. Miami (UM) kind of surprises me but then again it really doesnt. I mean c'mon......the chapter is in Miami for god's sake. Those pimps are just as wild as any of us. I don't know about the financial troubles, though. That sounds kinda odd. USF hasnt been in any trouble because, well, they're USF. If you're not a Pike in Florida you wont understand. I'm not wishing anything on any chapter, but I hope to god FSU keeps running strong and doesnt fuck up somewhere along the way. If they fuck up, Pike is done in Florida. Its kind of funny, though. Whenever you go to a festival like Guvaween or spring break in key west or in panama city or Ultra in Miami.....somehow you always end up meeting brothers from different chapters. With the exception of USF, I've come to see a resemblence in guys from my fraternity in my state. Most of us kind of dress the same...it's wierd. Depending on what years they were active most of them are in really good shape. Even some guys from out of state are the same. I met some brothers from Georgia Tech in Panama City in 99. Me and 6 other guys were fucked up like all hell, stumbling down some stairs and barely able to walk out of club la'vela. 2 guys walked up to us and asked if we had taken some G....we said yea and they wanted some immediately. After hanging out with them for 10 minutes we found out they were Pikes from Georgia Tech. It was soooo funny. They ended up coming to Ibizza with us and I still talk to Clay and Jimmy to this day. They come hang out for Florida/Georgia every year. I could be wrong but I think their chapter got in some trouble, too. As I said earlier, same shit but a different chapter. Gotta feel bad for them, though, I know exactly what they're going through.

And if anyone out there reading this is thinking about joining Pike in Florida......do it, but enjoy it while it lasts.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to UCFStefanie
I wouldnt exactly say that the USF Pikes dont have a rep. Ask any of the greeks on that campus and they will give you an earfull.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Wow.

One of my summer roommates was an alum of the Miami, FL chapter. He was kinda wild but cool as hell. Damn.
Old 04-05-2005, 04:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Peeing on you and telling you it's rain apparently...
Quote:
If they fuck up, Pike is done in Florida.
And if anyone out there reading this is thinking about joining Pike in Florida......do it, but enjoy it while it lasts.
I CAN'T believe you just said that!!! Have you forgotten the Pikes @ FIU (Florida International University) which is right down the street (and a couple of miles) from UM!? They just got their house this spring '05 and while I personally don't know any, they are very well liked gentlemen (allegedly) on that campus. You can't just talk about the big schools and leave the lesser known ones out! At least give props where they are due. They are apparently doing a great job (I was shocked when told how much they had to pay this semester for such a relatively new Greek system as FIU has (granted they did just get a new house) and they still seem to have a lot of members) And to everyone else remember there is more than one major FL university in Miami! Don't forget it! UM is PRIVATE, FIU is PUBLIC , yes it's a few decades younger but don't discredit it's strong but 'new' greek system!
Old 04-05-2005, 10:17 AM
GreekChat Member

I was at a UCF alumni dinner in DC a few weeks ago, and there were alum from 1985-2004 there. Even the 85' grad said he was surprised Pike lasted as long as it did at UCF because the chapter was having similiar problems in the 80s (as it did in the 90s when I was there) and today. The guys always had good intentions and were tons of fun at socials, but...
Old 04-05-2005, 10:36 AM

Hey Cash,

I'm leaving your post because I think it's worthwhile -- but let's watch the language.

This is a family show.
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.
Old 04-05-2005, 06:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation

Yes, DeltAlum on that end. But, sometimes, the blood does boil and Organizations Colors do Run Through all of us in Greek Dom.

So, when do Members of any Greek Organization come to the realization, that while they may think is cool to have a Rep like this, how soon do they think that either The School or Hq. will close them down?

Now, just who does that help? It sure isnt the Chapter of a National Organization that got closed.

Suspension for 30 days is a repreive, lets just hope they have enough sense to realize it!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 04-07-2005, 08:25 PM
GreekChat Member

http://www.thehurricaneonline.com/ne...d-909481.shtml

A lot of rumors going around as to the reasons for the suspensions, hoping that they are just rumors.
Old 04-07-2005, 11:08 PM
GreekChat Member

I think that during investigations of one group, the activities of other groups probably come up too. Can't you see some guy sitting in an office with a bunch of college administrators and men from his inter/national headquarters saying "But everybody does it. The XYZ's did it last week .. blah blah blah"?