GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,128
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, baadamashtolzea
» Online Users: 1,286
1 members and 1,285 guests
No Members online

Old 06-01-2006, 06:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Bidding

first of all, I would just like to say how informative and helpful this site has been. Since I'm very interested in rushing, I decided to do some research. Stumbling upon this site was great because I found most of the answers to my questions. However, there is one question that I do have, and I apologize if it has been asked (I've been searching the threads and havn't found anything). While I was attending my orientation at UF, my leader, who is in a sorority spoke to us about rushing. She said that at the end of the week, everyone gets a card that has the name of the sorority they've been accepted in. I've heard that at some schools everyone gets a bid. Is this the case at UF? If not, how common is it to get a 'blank card'
Thanks everyone for any info!
Old 06-01-2006, 06:10 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't know specifically, but if UF isn't a school where everyone recieves a bid, someone who ended up bidless wouldn't recieve a blank card but would get a phone call beforehand and be informed that she did not get a bid.

Caveat: I could be wrong with regards to your school, but I've never heard of blank bids being given out.
Old 06-01-2006, 06:31 PM

I obviously can't speak for UF.

At my school (Kent State) we have anywhere from 150-200 girls participating. Out of those girls, everyone who attends at least one preference (final) round party receives a bid. I'd say 99% of the girls do.

We do get one or 2 girls who get released after 3rd round, but in general, everyone who makes it to 4th round (prefs) gets a bid.

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 06-01-2006 at 06:37 PM.
Old 06-18-2006, 10:38 PM
Banned

BetaRose is correct. I went to UF. They have never given out bids to everyone.

You're smart to do your homework. UF rush is very competitive. Be sure you are ready.. have your recs, etc.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Whatever you do maximize your options, meaning don't suicide. Excuse me, single preference. Most Panhellenics will make every effort to place a PNM in a sorority as long as they fully participate with good faith in the entire process. Of course there are no guarantees, but Panhellenic wants to see as many women pledged as possible.
Old 06-24-2006, 07:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ADPi Conniebama
Yea, I think all panhellenic systems are set up to place every recruit, that follows through with recruitment, a bid. Now, that is not to say you will receive a bid from the sorority that you preffed or even your second choice but if you are open to other options you should know that you can receive a bid from a sorority. Also, if you are at more then one pref party then you are somewhere on the sororities list or lists however each university does it.

I say this because quota is usually set after 1st or 2nd releases so that the quota number is for all of the pnm's to go to a house.

200 start recruitment with 4 sororities
150 go to pref
divide by 4 and there is quota - therefore there is a place for every recruit.

also with these new release figures it should work out if it is done right.

was i just rambling?