GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,350
2 members and 2,348 guests
Cookiez17, Sciencewoman

Old 04-24-2001, 08:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy VERY DISAPPOINTED

AOXAlum YOU ARE A VERY NEGATIVE PERSON WHO NEEDS TO GET A LIFE AND STOP TRASHING EVERY SINGLE PERSON THAT JOINS THESE CHAT ROOMS, WHAT I THINK YOU PERCEIVE AS YOUR "TERRITORY”.
FYI: SINCE I AM ASSUMING YOU HAVE NOT BEEN IN SCHOOL FOR A WHILE. MY SOCIOLOGY TOPIC IS UNUSUAL YES, BUT I DID NOT FEEL LIKE CHOOSING THE TOPIC, "WHY ARE THE POOR HOMELESS" BEEN DONE A FEW TIMES. This is a subject that my professor and I both thought were of great relevance right now. My paper is not about judging, criticizing, or anything negative. It is about understanding and discovery of environment, which college students live in. In addition, citation of Internet and interviews are two of the easiest citations out there. Also, sociology has always dealt with the human condition and what makes one person do one thing and the other not. Sorry many of you are reluctant to believe that I am ligit, but I am as real as real can get.
So much for putting my faith in humanity to help me out. First, I have to clarify that my intentions were NEVER EVER to offend anyone by asking for a little help. It is sad that there is so much distrust within this network. I've been on here for a while browsing through everyone's post and was extremely impressed with many of the arguments a lot of you had to make defending the honor and pride of the Greek system. I always appreciate a person who refutes negativity and that only fosters an avalanche effect. I am actually a little offended that many of you that responded attacked me in such a way that gave me a very bad impression of you all. And HeidiHO, YES I HAVE POSTED A MESSAGE BEFORE IT WAS A WHILE BACK THOUGH AND SINCE THEN I HAVE MISPLACED THOSE RESPONSES, BECAUSE I PRINTED THEM UP. Actually that time, I had a lot of positive feedback from people and had many people sending me personal emails saying they were really grateful that I was doing this research, but apparently this time around I'm not getting the same response. Unfournate, as I am only a person trying to interpret the world and listen to other's viewpoints with an unbiased ear. I had really hoped to get some information from many different groups of people on here, because again my naivety setting in, I thought that was what the Greek system was all about "unity”. Moreover, thanks everyone who was actually very positive in suggesting academic resources, but c’mon don’t you think I would have done that long before this, along with the interviews. This was my last outlet and I was hoping to get some interesting feedback and opinions. I got just the opposite.
Very disappointed in WI.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-24-2001, 04:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to HeidiHo
Now please, if there is a paper to be written & you were doing the same research months ago, wouldn't the deadline have past? I wrote you a long post answering your questions, if you go to the Greekchat.com search feature, you can look for the post you made. It doesn't matter that you printed it and lost it. Besides, having an attitude like that won't get you anymore feedback. Thanks and have a nice day
Heidi
Old 04-28-2001, 12:37 AM
GreekChat Member

HeidiHo--Yes, I do remember you replying to my original post. However, I'm now unable to find it. And that is why I posted a new post. And yes, I'm doing the same research for the same research project. I'm actually hoping to wrap the paper up this weekend. Thanks for your help.
Have a good one.
Heidi G.
Old 04-28-2001, 12:43 AM
GreekChat Member

PS--the only reason I only give back the attitude that I have been dished. I'm usually not the type of person you are seeing on this site, it's just that I have a bad side just as much as the next person.