GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls
» Online Users: 1,831
2 members and 1,829 guests
zjhnpetrovo7362

Old 03-03-2009, 01:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Clemson rush

I'm going to be going to Clemson next year, and am still on the fence of whether to try and join a fraternity. I don't know a single soul within a thousand miles of the school, and the fact that I wasn't in a fraternity at my old school and found it hard to make non-greek friends because there was barely any, makes me want to rush.

However, as ridiculous as it does sound, the idea of pledging does scare me a little bit. I'm not much of a drinker, and rumors of what hazing is like at southern schools makes me timid about going through with pledging.

If the situation was right, where I could fit in really well with the guys in the fraternity, and be able to contribute to the university, then I'd be all for it. But because I don't know anyone there I can't really get a sense of what the fraternities are like there.

So if anyone has any insight on greek life at clemson, or reputations of the houses I'd really appreciate it.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:24 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm not saying to suggest fraternities to rush based on what kind of person I am. I was just looking to see if anyone could give me the reputations of some of the fraternities on campus.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:15 PM
GreekChat Member

That you won't get here.

LET'S GO BIG RED!
Let me teach you how to Bucky!
Old 03-04-2009, 12:19 PM
GreekChat Member

I've heard that the Omega Theta Pi's are the best house with the most prestigious members, but it's very hard to get in and some of the guys are jerks.

Also, watch out for the Delta Tau Chi's, while they have arguably the BEST parties, I've heard they are on some type of probation and are likely to lose their charter with one more infraction. Knowing those guys, it's just a matter of time!!

Good luck!!
Old 03-06-2009, 01:46 PM
GreekChat Member

And just as easily, someone else could come along and say that Delta Psi Upsilon is THE most prestigious house with the best members and the best parties with the hottest girls and that Omega whatever you said is a shit hole.

Go into rush with an open mind, check out everything, and have fun. Rush is all about meeting new people.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:24 PM
GreekChat Member

pshsx1 - have you ever seen Animal House?

Oh, you're a sig ep...

JK really.
Old 03-06-2009, 04:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by srmom View Post
Oh, you're a sig ep...
I like this.
Overall, though, it's the bigness of the car that counts the most. Because when something bad happens in a really big car – accidentally speeding through the middle of a gang of unruly young people who have been taunting you in a drive-in restaurant, for instance – it happens very far away – way out at the end of your fenders. It's like a civil war in Africa; you know, it doesn't really concern you too much. - P.J. O'Rourke
Old 03-06-2009, 05:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to banditone
Tiers!
Old 03-06-2009, 06:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditone View Post
Tiers!
Haha, I'll post them, but they're very subjective and many people could look at them any way they wanted to. Very subjective and just for this moment, not for the rest of history. This is just one person's opinion.

tier 1
KA
Sigma Pi
SAE
EX

2nd
Beta
Pi Kapp
ATO
AGR
Pike

3rd
LXA
SigEp

4th: Northern chapters

Again, any of these fraternities are wonderful fraternities (though I think most people are baffled that Sigma Pi is doing okay here, as their reputation throughout the whole of the South isn't stellar)
Overall, though, it's the bigness of the car that counts the most. Because when something bad happens in a really big car – accidentally speeding through the middle of a gang of unruly young people who have been taunting you in a drive-in restaurant, for instance – it happens very far away – way out at the end of your fenders. It's like a civil war in Africa; you know, it doesn't really concern you too much. - P.J. O'Rourke

Last edited by Elephant Walk; 03-06-2009 at 06:14 PM.
Old 03-07-2009, 12:23 PM
GreekChat Member

hahah wow.

I guess I fail.

But still... point stands lol
Old 03-07-2009, 12:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elephant Walk View Post
though I think most people are baffled that Sigma Pi is doing okay here, as their reputation throughout the whole of the South isn't stellar
Their reputation isn't that great in the North either..
Old 03-15-2009, 06:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Obviously I don't know a whole lot about Greek life...but what are considered the northern chapters? I'm from upstate NY so I'm not really the stereo typical northeast kid, but still from NY. Should I even bother rushing any of those other frats?
Old 03-16-2009, 02:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills523 View Post
Obviously I don't know a whole lot about Greek life...but what are considered the northern chapters? I'm from upstate NY so I'm not really the stereo typical northeast kid, but still from NY. Should I even bother rushing any of those other frats?
It can't hurt to try.

If you do try, make it quite obvious that upstate is not "New York City"...kind of like if you say you're from florida, making sure you're from the panhandle rather than Miami. That distinction is important.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elephant Walk View Post
Haha, I'll post them, but they're very subjective and many people could look at them any way they wanted to. Very subjective and just for this moment, not for the rest of history. This is just one person's opinion.

tier 1
KA
Sigma Pi
SAE
EX

2nd
Beta
Pi Kapp
ATO
AGR
Pike

3rd
LXA
SigEp

4th: Northern chapters

Again, any of these fraternities are wonderful fraternities (though I think most people are baffled that Sigma Pi is doing okay here, as their reputation throughout the whole of the South isn't stellar)
You are obviously a sigma pi.

tier 1
SAE- good group of guys, have a solid reputation on campus bring out quality girls, haze pretty hard
EX- probably the best on campus, girls favorite by far, only have one type of guy through out the fraternity,
Ka- good ole southern boys, basically all legacies, every party they have is essentially a ka tri delt mixer, losing their status only took 6 pledges

2nd
a)
ATO- legit house throw decent parties had a good fall pledge class, leaps and bounds ahead of where they started out a couple years ago
Sig Ep- Girls love the sky box, blanket bid during rush, take alright guys attempt to mold them, make them buy clothes to be frattier
Sigma Pi-most of their guys are from the low country, haze balls, dont really hear much about them, would be better if they had a spot on the quad

b)
AGR- only legitimate southern fraternity house at clemson, throw good parties at their house, dont bring out the best girls but decent southern boys
Pike- blanket bid during rush, house is shitty for parties, guys try pretty hard, president is a douche, becoming better after just starting a few years ago
Beta- openly gay members, guys try way too hard, dont bring out great girls
PiKap- most of the guys suck, house is pretty close to campus

3rd
LXA- terrible used to be way better
Phi delt- suck dick most of the guys are sketchy and weird
Phi Kappa tau- terrible all douche guy who thought they would become cool joining a fraternity
Delta Chi- all yankees no one cares, leave the quad
Alpha Sig- new to clemson,
Theta Chi-

4th
No one gives a f***

Last edited by PenguinTrax; 03-21-2009 at 02:29 PM.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Clemson, how very interfraternal of you.