GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,648
1 members and 1,647 guests
Sen's Revenge

Old 01-25-2009, 11:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to nate2512
not to mention how are you going to take a girl out in a vehicle that looks like a 2000 pound rolling mirror? or your bike?

Old 01-26-2009, 05:47 PM
GreekChat Member

how are yall gonna hate on my bikes? ridin is just a hobby. its not my main way of transportation. its cold in the wintertime... so u dont ride. i didnt even bring any of my bikes down here. like i said i got chrome on the WHIPS and the BIKES. iv got a truck and a car... so driving girls around isnt really a prob... and if my vehicles aint straight for ole miss (lifted 88 toyota pickup... the mudder... and a 05 lexus is300,) i dnt know where they would fit. another thing. just cause its chromed out... dont mean its COMPLETELY chrome. its accented with chrome to make the paint look clean as fuck.

ANYWAYS BACK TO THE MAIN POINT OF THE POST...

spring rush at ole miss? i missed out on the fall semester due to family shit.

if anyone could answer the forum... and not just talk about my screen name thing... it would be appreciated.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:23 PM
GreekChat Member

A lifted 88 toyota pickup and a lexus? No, they don't fit at Ole Miss and I'm not sure where they would fit either. Maybe in front of the trailer park dealer's place?

"to make the paint look clean as fuck." - that's why I wash my truck, not why it would have chrome on it.

So to answer your question - you aren't going to fit in at a halfway decent Ole Miss fraternity. You have motorcycles, a girl's car, a foreign truck (and not even a semi-respectable one like the new Toyotas which are a blatant F150 knockoff), you use phrases like "chromed out" and "clean as fuck".

Spring pledges are weird and never fit in, but you're taking that a bit too far.

Just my opinion. And for future reference, buy American.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackerBarrel View Post
A lifted 88 toyota pickup and a lexus? No, they don't fit at Ole Miss and I'm not sure where they would fit either. Maybe in front of the trailer park dealer's place?

"to make the paint look clean as fuck." - that's why I wash my truck, not why it would have chrome on it.

So to answer your question - you aren't going to fit in at a halfway decent Ole Miss fraternity. You have motorcycles, a girl's car, a foreign truck (and not even a semi-respectable one like the new Toyotas which are a blatant F150 knockoff), you use phrases like "chromed out" and "clean as fuck".

Spring pledges are weird and never fit in, but you're taking that a bit too far.

Just my opinion. And for future reference, buy American.

A of all... look up the 22re engine... youll find that it does alot better than american vehicles... people buy toyotas for the fact that they are basically bulletproof. since were gettin on my cars... the toyota has a less tahn a year old paintjob black. lots of clear coat. brand new engine new transmission headers cold air intake preformance cam and head lift. BFG's with black and chrome wheels to match. got my bump with 8 speakers in a single cab truck. two of those being tens... powered by two 800 watt amps. 5 percent tint so u cant see up in my windows.

B. of all... the lexus is 300 isnt a girl car. thx tho good try. its inline six and being a rear wheel drive sedan, it is perfect for drifting if your into that. seeing how i also have subs tint and cai on it... i dont think its very girly.

C. people ride everywhere in america... you cant base an opinion on someone cause they are motorcycle enthuseists (sp.) i have a 1200 harley sportster modded... and am about to buy a yamaha r1.

D. so seeing how everywhere i drive in oxford i get comments on how clean or nice my trck/ car is and people stop me and ask me about my truck and have conversations... doesnt really seem like it would be in a trailer park. sorry i dont like benzes or a range. i actually like to get preformance out of my shit.... not just looks and flashy shit.

E. why is GM laying off 2000 people? oh cause no one in america wants american cars!. the american car turned to shit after the muscle car. why the fuck would you want to drive a chevy aveo?

F. i dont wash my truck btw... i get others to do it for me. also. i use words like clean as fuck... because i am from memphis. sorry that im not from a town where the aryian race is prominent but i think ill survive.

sorry i dont have the OLE MISS CAR i got my own personality and dont wanna be like every other clone down here that looks,dresses,talks,the same

im not trying to be confrontational... everyone seems to know everything about my shit on this thread.

im done with this thread. cheers

Last edited by chromedout1100; 01-26-2009 at 06:53 PM.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Flounce!
Old 01-26-2009, 09:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackerBarrel View Post
a lexus?
Easy there brophi, I liked my Lexus until I wrecked it.

Springs are usually weird as fuck, but you're pushin' it chromed out.

edit: By the way, what the fuck? For drifting? You're going to take a Lexus drifting? This is neither here nor there about Greek Life, just...Car's aren't that important, just avoid the talk when going through rush at Ole Miss.

Are you from Plano?
Overall, though, it's the bigness of the car that counts the most. Because when something bad happens in a really big car – accidentally speeding through the middle of a gang of unruly young people who have been taunting you in a drive-in restaurant, for instance – it happens very far away – way out at the end of your fenders. It's like a civil war in Africa; you know, it doesn't really concern you too much. - P.J. O'Rourke
Old 01-26-2009, 11:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Number one selling truck in America for 32 straight years, the F-150, and no one wants to drive an american piece of shit? And for the 27th straight year, the number one selling vehicle period. So apparently there are people out there who appreciate quality workmanship and real truck that doesn't look like it came out of a hot wheels package.

Plus good luck getting into a fraternity when a good amount of the members in the fraternity's dad's probably own dealerships that sell american vehicles.

Old 01-27-2009, 12:15 AM
GreekChat Member

wow, make one drunk post mocking someone's stupid username, people stop giving him real advice, and suddenly it's obvious why he was a waste of advice in the first place. i like internetz.

edit: it's okay for a guy to drive a lexus. it's not okay for a guy to drive anything he refers to as "clean as fuck."

Last edited by annabella; 01-27-2009 at 12:17 AM.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to deltadevil Send a message via Yahoo to deltadevil
I know this thread is old, but what does a car, truck or bike have to do with someone fitting in at Ole Miss? That sounds really stupid to me
Old 03-06-2009, 07:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Wow, I'm sorry I missed this thread. That guy could not have been for real...he sounded like he belonged on a custom car message board.

BTW, what do the guys in the south drive, besides F-150s and black Chevy Tahoes?
Old 03-06-2009, 08:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeppyGPhiB View Post
Wow, I'm sorry I missed this thread. That guy could not have been for real...he sounded like he belonged on a custom car message board.

BTW, what do the self respecting guys in the south drive, besides F-150s and black Chevy Tahoes?
Nothing. maybe a silverado.

douche bags, well, they like their rides "clean as fuck" and lowered.

Old 03-07-2009, 12:12 AM
GreekChat Member

My Honda just celebrated its 21st birthday. It costs me about $400 a year in repairs beyond basic maintenance. I never add oil in between oil changes. It's never left me stranded on the road.

The money that I would otherwise spend on car payments goes to travel. So the car companies don't get it, but the airlines and hotels do. I like to travel.

It seems to me that college kids have all kinds of cars. I would think that most college girls would be more than happy to be picked up for a date in a Lexus. But I personally wouldn't date a guy who swears all the time. JMO.
Old 03-07-2009, 03:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
My Honda just celebrated its 21st birthday. It costs me about $400 a year in repairs beyond basic maintenance. I never add oil in between oil changes. It's never left me stranded on the road.

The money that I would otherwise spend on car payments goes to travel. So the car companies don't get it, but the airlines and hotels do. I like to travel.

It seems to me that college kids have all kinds of cars. I would think that most college girls would be more than happy to be picked up for a date in a Lexus. But I personally wouldn't date a guy who swears all the time. JMO.
But we're not talking about college girls, and we're not talking about guys. We're talking about Southern guys. My truck doesn't cost me a thing in repairs.

Old 03-07-2009, 09:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeppyGPhiB View Post
BTW, what do the guys in the south drive, besides F-150s and black Chevy Tahoes?
They drive every type of car, probably just like where you live. We don't live in an alien universe down here.
Old 03-07-2009, 04:32 PM
GreekChat Member

I wonder if this idiot ended up getting a bid?