GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Alumnae Initiation

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 795
0 members and 795 guests
No Members online

Old 09-01-2003, 10:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to rebakins
Advice? :)

Hi all,

You may remember a few months ago I posted a note about starting my journey to try to join Alpha Omicron Pi as an alumnae member. I received a lot of encouragement and support and I really appreciated it. I contacted headquarters and corresponded with the lady in charge of alumni relations who passed on my contact information to the local chapter. Everything seemed to be going great and I got really excited about the prospect of meeting some members in my neighborhood....

...and now I need some more advice from you wonderful people out there. It's been several weeks since I last talked with the woman from headquarters and I have not heard anything from the local alumnae group. Are there any additional steps I can take? I am still very, very interested in learning more about this organization, but I feel very stuck at this point. Would it be alright to write to the woman at headquarters again? Or should I just wait for further contact from the local chapter? Any advice any of you could give me is very welcome!!

Thanks,
-Rebecca
Old 09-01-2003, 11:57 PM
Banned

I would recommend contacting the Alumnae Chapter again. Something along the lines of "I know this is a busy time for everyone but I'm just checking to see that you had gotten my (call, message, letter, e-mail, etc). I am looking forward to meeting you all and learning more about Alpha Omicron Pi. . . . . " It's understanding, shows your enthusiasm, but at the same time is not overly so (ie pushy. 'I'm just calling to see why you hadn't called me back', etc).

Guess I should actually read the post closer! LOL I would recommend contacting Sherry and letting her know that you are looking forward to meeting the alumnae chapter, understand summer is a busy time, etc and that you haven't heard anything from the chapter yet.

Best of luck to you!

Sarah
Old 09-02-2003, 05:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Where stately oaks and broad magnolias shade inspiring halls
I agree with Beryana. Go ahead and make contact again. Right now, most chapters are getting started up again and this would be the perfect opportunity for you.
Old 09-02-2003, 06:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to rebakins
Thanks for the advice I'll send her a line tomorrow and see what happens

Thanks!!
-Rebecca
Old 09-02-2003, 06:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.