GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls
» Online Users: 1,622
1 members and 1,621 guests
indygphib

Old 02-17-2009, 08:18 PM
GreekChat Member

ghostwriter... I am planning on rushing at LSU this fall. I have stated my situation on this board already I think. When should I sign up for rush, and also is there any advice you could give? Much appreciated.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Pgroove, What sec school are you attending in the fall? People on here could probably give you a lot more info on the specific school rather than the sec as a whole because each of them are different.
Old 02-19-2009, 03:07 PM
GreekChat Member

LSU Recruitment

You can go online at the LSU website and pull a copy of the recruitment rules for fraternities. If I can find it you certainly can.

I can tell you that early bids are limited to 15 students and the rest go through formal rush. My opinion is that you need to get to campus, scout out the fraternities you think you want to rush and meet some of their guys. KSig at LSU is huge and is one of the earliest formed chapters of the fraternity. They routinely take 50+ pledges. That leaves at least 35 from formal rush.

My advice is to relax and visit as many fraternities as you can. Have fun with this. There are 18 top notch national fraterenities on campus. If you work at it you will find the one that is perfect for you. Do your homework online and go to the IFC website and click on all the national websites for the fraternities that are of interest. Information is power!

Last edited by Ghostwriter; 02-19-2009 at 03:10 PM.
Old 02-22-2009, 04:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfer11 View Post
Pgroove, What sec school are you attending in the fall? People on here could probably give you a lot more info on the specific school rather than the sec as a whole because each of them are different.
I decided on Auburn (but it was very close between them and a few other schools)
Does that help much?
Old 02-22-2009, 12:39 PM
GreekChat Member

decided on Auburn (but it was very close between them and a few other schools)
Does that help much? If it helps, i know people here in Georgia that are going to Auburn and are joing the Greek life that do not know anyone there.