GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,247
2 members and 2,245 guests
Sen's Revenge

Old 08-02-2011, 09:58 PM
GreekChat Member

My wife is headed to Auburn tomorrow to help with pre-recruitment and the first day of Ice Water Tea parties. I think she's taking Cliff Bars and Flavor-Ice with her.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-03-2011, 07:58 AM
Super Moderator

hey auburn dad-welcome back!
Old 08-03-2011, 08:04 AM
Super Moderator

What she said!

One of my pledge sisters will be taking her Alpha Chi daughter to Auburn today! The members are reporting back!
Old 08-03-2011, 07:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUZeta View Post
hey auburn dad-welcome back!
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
What she said!
Thanks, guys. I get to take this year off. But next year with my younger daughter, it looks like I may be either FSUDad or AuburnDad2. I'm hoping there may be a live Auburn or FSU thread to follow this year.
Old 08-06-2011, 05:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AUAZD2001 Send a message via Yahoo to AUAZD2001
Auburn Panhellenic has established a hashtag for Twitter. You can now easily search for posts about recruitment by using #AURecruitment2011. There's already a lot of posts. Looks like PNMs, Pi Chis and Active Sisters ar all posting.
Old 08-07-2011, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator

Auburn recruitment starts in a few hours with the Pi Chi/PNM meetings! Any PNMs who are reading this, please take some deep breaths if you start to feel panicky about this new journey!
Old 08-07-2011, 09:17 PM
GreekChat Member

1311 girls are registered for Auburn's rush!!! Good luck to all!!
Old 08-08-2011, 02:29 PM

Bumping. I guess this will serve as our 2011 Big Auburn thread?

Lakers Nation.
Old 08-08-2011, 04:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi. Our daughter started rush today. Half the day is over and an earlier message said that things are going well.

She has a friend who is rushing at Valdosta State soon so I'm anxiously waiting to see how that goes.
Old 08-08-2011, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator

Wow! I'd hate to be dragging from house to house in this heat! When I rushed at Auburn, we were on the quarter system and so classes and rush were in September--it was a bit cooler.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Just heard from her for a minute. In to get her wallet to go eat dinner with her group. She said it was so hot and such a long day but overall it went well. She said there were a few awkward moments but those were at the 3 or 4 houses she didn't find recs for. But those even eventually found a common subject. She talked about the number of girls in the Arena for convocation and will call back later tonight to go over her notes with me. I miss her so much. She's such a funny person to talk to. But I'm glad she's there and I'm glad she's having fun. I did ask her if it was everything she thought it was going to be and she said yes. She said as things narrow down it should get easier.
Old 08-08-2011, 08:58 PM
Super Moderator

Ooohh...I just looked at the radar and noticed that some big storms are headed for the Loveliest Village of the Plains. Y'all stay dry!

Oh, and remember--recruitment is a mutual choice set up. The PNMs will be ranking the groups but not cutting them as the sororities are also reducing the number of girls invited back after each round of parties. The Pi Chis have probably explained that but there are often a bunch of confused PNMs on here after first parties wondering how they ended up going to groups that they thought they "cut".
Old 08-08-2011, 09:14 PM
GreekChat Member

just spoke to our daughter again who is now back from dinner and resting. She has picked out her dress for tomorrow and is ready for bed. At 8 pm. (who would have guessed).

It's really odd that she said almost the same thing as wareagle (above). She had a great conversation time at 8 house and felt really strange at the other 2. She said at one of the odd situations she had a sophomore who just really seemed uncomfortable with initiating conversation and it wasn't the ideal setting. But she is keeping an open mind and looking forward to her short day tomorrow. She is making individual ratings of each sorority and will then make her picks based on how those came out. Noone is ever ruled out but some have higher "stars" than others. Definitely some early favorites. Houses where she seemed to feel things flowed better or it wasn't requiring as much, if any effort to keep the conversation going.

She said they were waiting out on the lawn between parties. Tomorrow's day ends at noon so she's looking forward to that. Her group doesn't seem to be using too much tent talk. She went to dinner tonight with 4 or 5 others from her group. I forgot to ask how many total there are in her group.

The current members who spoke to her at each party were not assigned so no notes were used from her recs and all the conversations were very generic. Each party they came in and just went with the next active member that was standing at the door. Maybe recs will play a bigger role at the next round.

P.S. Plus when we were talking on the phone she said it had started raining.

Last edited by Gamomof2; 08-08-2011 at 09:19 PM. Reason: weather update
Old 08-08-2011, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
Ooohh...I just looked at the radar and noticed that some big storms are headed for the Loveliest Village of the Plains. Y'all stay dry!

Oh, and remember--recruitment is a mutual choice set up. The PNMs will be ranking the groups but not cutting them as the sororities are also reducing the number of girls invited back after each round of parties. The Pi Chis have probably explained that but there are often a bunch of confused PNMs on here after first parties wondering how they ended up going to groups that they thought they "cut".
YES. This. Quoted because people need to read and understand that. You are not "cutting" anyone. You're just listing them in order of your preference.

Also, try not to focus so much on the NUMBER of invites you receive. That first round of cuts is typically VERY heavy. So many people come here and are SO SURE that their recruitment is DOOMED because they don't have as many invites as the other PNMs. I know that's hard. But whether you get 15, 7, or 2 invites, in the end, you can only get ONE BID.

Lakers Nation.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to AZ-AlphaXi
From the Auburn University Web Camera it looks like its really storming in Auburn.

http://www.auburn.edu/webcams/