GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,129
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zavictoiajnr131
» Online Users: 1,189
1 members and 1,188 guests
No Members online
Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 08:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post
Suggestion: does she collect charms? ComradesTrue got me started on James Avery charms and bracelets, and I have quite a collection of Theta-related charms (even have a James Avery kite). Because if she (your friend) does, maybe you could get a sterling silver disc engraved with the greek letters you want?
I love the charm bracelet idea! They have a few charms that gave me ideas for an AOII-themed bracelet.

Quote:
As for doves, I pointed out sterling dove jewelry on Zulily a while back to sigmagirl2000; pretty sure she ordered something but I keep forgetting to ask her. I have summer brain.
I saw a few doves in the James Avery charms when I was checking the charms out.

Honestly, they have something for almost every sorority from what I saw.

Quote:
This summer I am making one of a kind Theta holiday ornaments. Last year I participated in a Theta holiday ornament exchange which was so much fun. I can't say much about what I'm making b/c of all the Thetas on GC, some of them will be getting my handiwork. If my fingers ever recover, that is. (#grumpyface)*
Those sound wonderful! I hope your fingers feel better.

Quote:
If I could have a mascot just for my own life, I would want a small dragon that breathed fire on command. He would perch on my shoulder and he'd be a mind reader so he'd blast people randomly. That would be pretty awesome. But that would conflict with my other side that is peaceful and mindful and compassionate and extends loving kindness to all (except for those that throw me under the bus or annoy me, which is why I need the dragon).
I'm not sure if you've seen Mulan, but Mushu was the dragon I thought of when I read this. He's pretty sassy.

Here's a clip of the movie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AT4FuGxTMg

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmagirl2000 View Post
Can I interest anyone in some toddler kite underwear? http://www.zulily.com/p/blue-flying-...arch_ref=image
HAHAHA
Loyal, forever, Alpha to thee
Old 07-10-2015, 09:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Our niece is a Theta. She's still a newlywed but will need to keep those in mind once they have kids. LOLz
Old 07-10-2015, 09:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmagirl2000 View Post
Um, yes, I got the earrings and the necklace. Get compliments on them all the time. I'm pretty sure I sent you photos of them. Thanks again, AZTheta
Did you send me photos via Facebook or email? I'm sorry I am really glad you got the earrings AND the necklace! You can wear them on your chapter visits. I wish they would make a stylized dove bracelet, I have the picture in my head of what it would look like.

as for the toddler kite underwear - oh wow. Thanks.

Alpha O, my dragon would be more like Elmo. I'm really into Elmo this week, especially when he gets ticked at Jimmy Fallon. I'll check out Mulan based on that clip. Sassy is actually a lot nicer than what I want my dragon to act like.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 07-11-2015, 12:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Alpha O, my dragon would be more like Elmo. I'm really into Elmo this week, especially when he gets ticked at Jimmy Fallon. I'll check out Mulan based on that clip. Sassy is actually a lot nicer than what I want my dragon to act like.
I see an Elmo-like dragon as adorable, though I guess Elmo could also be fierce--I really need to see that Jimmy Fallon episode.

I hope you enjoy Mulan, if you do end up watching it.
Loyal, forever, Alpha to thee
Old 07-11-2015, 09:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Gave in and got my BFF's Phi Mu charm engraved with a PX on the other side
Old 07-11-2015, 09:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Here is the clip where Elmo is mad at Jimmy Fallon.

Remember Elmo is three years old.

ETA: jolene I bet she'll really like and appreciate it!
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 07-12-2015, 04:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRose1912 View Post
Y'all need to let me know if you stumble across anything compass-y. I'm not about the penguin life.
I saw compasses in the decor section at Target, today. And there are quite a few things to be had via Amazon.
Old 07-12-2015, 02:24 PM
GreekChat Member

www.liquidationchannel.com
Jewelry and accessory website that has lots of sorority symbol jewelry. You can even search by word. For the past several years, I give the president and recruitment director of the UCLA chapter an owl jewelry item right before recruitment starts, and give my Panhellenic advisee owl jewelry after she is elected. Most times, I find it on their auction website for a bargain!
Old 07-12-2015, 02:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Yeah, let's.

About quatrefoils - I've been meaning to make a tote bag for my favorite phi mu. And I've been sharing crazy beautiful arrow quilts and fabrics with carnation. Rose fabrics abound, and so do iris - and any of a number of other florals. I'm a fabric addict.

Pandas, unfortunately, tend to be very childish/cartoon-like (unless Lilly Pulitzer does them and then they are just frightening). Sorry to all my AOII Panhellenic sisters.
Do I, by chance, know this person? I'm willing to bet she's pretty awesome!
Old 07-12-2015, 02:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by als463 View Post
Do I, by chance, know this person? I'm willing to bet she's pretty awesome!
Actually yes you do. She is going to be taking her comprehensive exams for her PhD this week. She is more than awesome. She's really really smart!
Old 07-12-2015, 02:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChioLu View Post
www.liquidationchannel.com
Jewelry and accessory website that has lots of sorority symbol jewelry. You can even search by word. For the past several years, I give the president and recruitment director of the UCLA chapter an owl jewelry item right before recruitment starts, and give my Panhellenic advisee owl jewelry after she is elected. Most times, I find it on their auction website for a bargain!
Did you have to share that site? Really? Gah! It's full of stuff I want.
Old 07-12-2015, 02:58 PM
GreekChat Member

H&M has a "gold" quill hair clip for all of you AXDs out there
Old 07-13-2015, 12:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigmagirl2000
http://www.zulily.com/e/a-hint-of-cr...rm-144034.html

Squirrels, doves, ladybugs, owls, and more....

::: waiting for someone to post in Irishpipes 2013-2014 chapter listing thread that quota was .25 ::: - ASTalumna06
Old 07-14-2015, 09:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey! More cute charms on Zulily today. sigmagirl2000 leave some for others please. (I'll pm you when I get back from the pool)
Old 07-15-2015, 03:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDak View Post
I saw compasses in the decor section at Target, today.
There is also a bunch of arrow stuff at Target as well!

True and Constant
Closed Thread