GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,429
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Zae_TheCreator
» Online Users: 2,274
3 members and 2,271 guests
Cookiez17, Pinkmagnolia921

Old 02-13-2007, 07:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to DableST_1
I miss you guys!!!!!

Hi guys!

I have been MIA for a loooonnnnggg time! I just wanted to stop by and see how my peeps/sorors are doing. So much have been going on....lets see where shall I start,,,I just left my Corporate job of five years and decided to venture off an fully focus on my singing career. I figured if I don't do this now, I will end of regretting it BIG TIME! I am also going to tap into the acting field as well. I just finished playing lead role in Porgy and Bess, and it was an amazing experience!

I hope all of you are doing well, I must admit life has been stress free since I left the Corporate world 2 weeks ago and now that I have some free time, I am able to come back and check on you all on greekchat. I am also trying to hit the gym HARD,,,so I can get some new headshots in April, and I have been traveling from LA to NY on auditions for opera/acting/broadway gigs.

If you ever have some time, please look me up on myspace, my latest recital is posted and let me know what you think.

Much love

"V"

www.myspace.com/DableST_1
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-13-2007, 08:14 PM
GreekChat Member

{{{{V}}}}
You have been missed, but I see you have been busy. Congrats and good luck from your fellow EXi soror.
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!
Old 02-13-2007, 10:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to BlessedOne04 Send a message via Yahoo to BlessedOne04
Your sample on your myspace page is great! You have an amazing voice. I wish you much success.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Beautiful voice Soror! I wish you nothing but the best!
Old 02-14-2007, 10:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to smlwonderdst Send a message via Yahoo to smlwonderdst
You have a beautiful voice Soror! I wish you much success on your endeavors.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Wink A Millions Thanks!!!!!

Thanks Sorors/Greekfriends/Sisterfriends for the love and Support! I am really excited to dive into this life-long dream of mine! I tried to do it and work full-time, and found I was really truly missing out on a lot. Working 50+ hours, and missing auditions because a lot of them were held during the day really made me realize that I need to re-group and re-focus!

An old co-worker of mine left last year to start her own business (P3) which stands for Pursue Purpose Passionately...(www.p3clothing.net) and I admired her desire to do just that! She really inspired me to pursue this dream, and now she is doing very well, and most importantly VERY HAPPY! I am just truly blessed to have such a supportive husband that is allowing me to full fill my passion.

It was scary at first, but I knew that looking back 20 something years from now, regretting not taking advantage of this opportunity would be worse. I wanted to make 2007 the year that I take that Risk, fall back, and allow God to catch me. Even if nothing happens, I will always be grateful and thankful that I at least gave it my all, and tried my best.

Thanks for the E-Xi Love Soror Sharon!

Also, Happy Valentines Day everyone!!!!

"V"
Old 02-14-2007, 12:41 PM
Super Moderator

Thumbs up

Beautiful voice SisterGreek! Best wishes to you!
Old 02-16-2007, 03:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to dzdst796
I wish you all the best and can't wait until you let us know that you have an album coming or are in a movie that we can go and support.
Old 02-17-2007, 12:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Afrochic
When I went to your page, I wasn't expecting to hear such a beautiful and strong voice. You should have left Corporate America a long time ago. You will go far, hold your hands up and receive that blessing. Much success to you.
May 10, 2008 at 10:00 am, I will have my MBA!!!
Old 02-17-2007, 02:47 PM
GreekChat Member

OMG!!! I just went to your MySpace Page and I am blown away! Tell us when your album comes out and when you perform at the Met.

Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
Old 02-18-2007, 01:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Cool Thanks!

Thanks all! I really do appreciate your support and kind words. Also thanks to those who asked to be added as a friend! I will try to keep myspace updated with all upcoming events, and projects.

God willing I will be traveling to Europe this summer to study and sing, to get more exposure and experience.

Singing Opera is a hard, hard, hard, HARD,,,career especially for Blacks. I remember I went to this one audition, hoping to land the lead role in E'lixir D'Amore *one of my FAVORITE operas* and the casting director told me and I quote" Your voice is beautiful, and musically you are the exactly what I am looking for.....too bad you are the wrong color."

Was I mad?? no,,,angry?? no...I thanked him for the opportunity and left. Luckily and thankfully I had excellent music teachers that have prepared me for this field, and told me how tough the industry was. They also told me that I had to have thick skin since opera is still considered a career for Whites which is why we represent less than 1% of the industry.

I think what keeps me going is the love I have for it. Growing up, I was called everthang in the book from my friends because I preferred going to Opera, Theater, and the Ballet, and listening to Joan Sutherland, Pavarotti, Marian Anderson, Kathleen Battle, and Jessye Norman. (just to name a few) It would be such a dream to add my name to the list of renowned African-American Opera Singers!
Old 02-18-2007, 09:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Soror, my mom's computer is allergic to Myspace but as soon as I get home I am going to check your Myspace page out and add you to my friends list!! Congratulations to you for CHASING your purpose and your dreams!!!
Old 02-18-2007, 09:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to mulattogyrl Send a message via Yahoo to mulattogyrl
You have a beautiful voice soror!

It's a jungle out there.
Old 02-19-2007, 03:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink Once again...

Thanks mulattogyrl, also thanks CT4 for the friend request. I was going to send you one, but you beat me to it!