GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 1,591
0 members and 1,591 guests
No Members online

Old 01-06-2018, 09:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUDelta4Life View Post
Thanks! She's a pretty level-headed, fun, congenial and kind girl, so I hope she finds the perfect spot that is the best fit for her. She did finish the first semester with a 4.0, so that's a plus for her.
BUDelta, she sounds great! I hope all these pnms do great. My daughter is feeling good as well still with 5 or 6 that she "loves"! Happy that it will be a bit warmer tomorrow.
Old 01-06-2018, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChioLu View Post
Are there chapters who are still doing “bed rush”?
I think each chapter has to take a minimum amount of girls, but there is still not a set total for all chapters.
Old 01-07-2018, 07:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Talked to my daughter today. She finished up her 5 parties and was in better spirits today. She really likes 4 of them and the 5th one she enjoyed getting to know them better but is still on the fence with them. Her friends all had 8 or more parties but several of them said houses they liked in the first round they didn't enjoy as much in round 2.

She liked that she had her parties over with by this morning, that gave her the day to rest up and get ready for classes to start tomorrow. So now we wait to see if she gets invites back to the next round. She said the worst part about getting cut so heavily after round 1 was her first party wasn't until 5pm so she had all day alone to think back and wonder what she did or didn't do to get the results she did.

Keeping good thoughts for everyone going through the process.
Old 01-07-2018, 07:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Talked to my daughter today during break. She has really come to like some houses and is very worried about the next round of cuts. I'm glad they have a week of classes to keep them busy, but that wait is going to be so hard!
Old 01-07-2018, 07:55 PM
Super Moderator

Hoping for the best results for our GC PNMs.
Old 01-07-2018, 09:45 PM
GreekChat Member

I’ve been following this thread with interest. I really knew next to nothing about the recruitment/rush process until I stumbled across the forum.

My daughter had 10 parties over the last two days. She was also initially sad to be cut from several of her favorites, but after the last two days she felt she made connections, and several from the “initial” bottom of her list are now favorites!

She is exhausted, and has an 8 am to start the semester tomorrow. Hope all our girls can get some much needed rest before Friday. When do they find out how many parties they will attend in the Sisterhood round?
Old 01-07-2018, 10:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
I think each chapter has to take a minimum amount of girls, but there is still not a set total for all chapters.
My daughter is also hanging in there and ready for a break. She has enjoyed the process and like everyone else here, isn't taking anything for granted.

I have a couple of questions:

Last year the minimum quota number mentioned above was openly discussed and I'm not hearing much about it this year. Does anyone know the number?

I'm also wondering about the guarantee of getting a bid if a PNM maximizes her options in pref which was another improvement last year. I know I might be putting the cart before the horse but would love to know if this is still in place. Thank you!

Sending good thoughts to all of you and your daughters!
Old 01-07-2018, 11:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganM View Post
When do they find out how many parties they will attend in the Sisterhood round?
I believe they get their list Friday afternoon. What a long wait for these girls!

Best wishes to them all!
Old 01-07-2018, 11:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Sending everyone best wishes! I know the PNMs and the sorority women are exhausted. Hopefully they will all be able to get some much needed rest. And moms, make sure your wine supply is fully stocked, next weekend will also be a wild ride.
Old 01-07-2018, 11:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyrespearls View Post

Last year the minimum quota number mentioned above was openly discussed and I'm not hearing much about it this year. Does anyone know the number?

I'm also wondering about the guarantee of getting a bid if a PNM maximizes her options in pref which was another improvement last year.
I haven't heard anything regarding quota yet. Maybe they don't set it until Preference round?

It is my understanding that if they maximize their options and are invited to the Pref round, they are guaranteed a bid.
Old 01-07-2018, 11:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaSigKap View Post
Sending everyone best wishes! I know the PNMs and the sorority women are exhausted. Hopefully they will all be able to get some much needed rest. And moms, make sure your wine supply is fully stocked, next weekend will also be a wild ride.
Lol, thank you! It is a good thing my daughter cannot see my anxiety here at home. Wine will be well stocked for sure!

Best wishes, everyone!
Old 01-08-2018, 01:46 AM
GreekChat Member

My goddaughter felt good about the parties she went to this weekend and really had to think to make decisions about how to rank her choices for the next round. I believe she is keeping an open mind and did a good job of mixing up the options she ranked in her 9. She said she's also totally fine with getting asked back to two or three from the ones she didn't put in her 9. She has four or five chapters that are emerging as her "favorites," but she, too, liked some better this round than she initially thought she would and can still see herself at home in several chapters. I encouraged her to get some sleep tonight and try to focus on classes starting the rest of the week rather than worrying about the decisions she will get back on Friday. Luckily for her, she is local, so she can run home for some home-cooked food and a hug from her mom if she feels like she needs it.
Old 01-08-2018, 08:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaPiPhi View Post
I believe they get their list Friday afternoon. What a long wait for these girls!

Best wishes to them all!
Yikes! That is a long wait. It would seem better for them to at least have a day or two to absorb their options for the next round, then to possibly get launched shell shocked into the Sisterhood round.

My daughter didn’t seem to think there was any way to be guaranteed a bid. Can you explain how that would potentially work?
Old 01-08-2018, 08:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Yes, its a long wait and my daughter only has 1 seminar on Friday so she'll be sitting around most of the day waiting. She was asked to be a math tutor for one of the classes she took in the fall and I think she has an hour on Friday for that but can't imagine anyone's going to be needing assistance in the first week.

I reminded her that this week she needs to be polite and nice and not say anything negative about the process. She's not that type of person anyway so really shouldn't worry about it. I know this round of cuts can be harsh.

If you Google Sorority RFM you can find some information that talks a bit about the math behind the process. Not sure if IU uses this fully but sounds like they have at least a variation of it. Its actually kind of interesting when you see the math behind this process.

Luckily for my D, with only 5 still in the running she didn't have to make any tough choices on who to keep on her list. She didn't find that comment as funny as I did.
Old 01-08-2018, 08:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBH View Post
Yes, its a long wait and my daughter only has 1 seminar on Friday so she'll be sitting around most of the day waiting. She was asked to be a math tutor for one of the classes she took in the fall and I think she has an hour on Friday for that but can't imagine anyone's going to be needing assistance in the first week.

I reminded her that this week she needs to be polite and nice and not say anything negative about the process. She's not that type of person anyway so really shouldn't worry about it. I know this round of cuts can be harsh.

If you Google Sorority RFM you can find some information that talks a bit about the math behind the process. Not sure if IU uses this fully but sounds like they have at least a variation of it. Its actually kind of interesting when you see the math behind this process.

Luckily for my D, with only 5 still in the running she didn't have to make any tough choices on who to keep on her list. She didn't find that comment as funny as I did.
I think your daughter is lucky to have a mom with a sense of humor about all of this. Certainly, the wine helps too!