GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Gamma Delta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,597
1 members and 2,596 guests
Phrozen Sands

Old 01-06-2012, 09:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Welcome, both of you!

Sidenote, I believe my first post in this thread was when I was a collegian. Le sigh.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-06-2012, 06:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlesquirrel View Post
What a small world! That's awesome. I'm excited to be going back this year actually having an idea of what's going on.
Unfortunately (not really, quite honestly), I'll be on a cruise during IRD this year.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Haha yes, as nice as IRD can be, going on a cruise might be a BIT more exciting. Maybe.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:55 AM
GreekChat Member

1) Kelsie
2) Austin Peay State University Theta Psi Chapter
3) Collegian
4) First off i joined a sorority because i wanted a great group of girls who would be my sisters for life and also to take part in philanthropy. I joined AGD because those girls i wanted to be my sisters have the same values and beliefs that i do and our philanthropy is the AGD foundation in which supports juvenile diabetes and i am an diabetic myself and also the first philanthropy coordinator for my chapter
Old 02-13-2012, 06:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD-ThetaPsi View Post
1) Kelsie
2) Austin Peay State University Theta Psi Chapter
3) Collegian
4) First off i joined a sorority because i wanted a great group of girls who would be my sisters for life and also to take part in philanthropy. I joined AGD because those girls i wanted to be my sisters have the same values and beliefs that i do and our philanthropy is the AGD foundation in which supports juvenile diabetes and i am an diabetic myself and also the first philanthropy coordinator for my chapter
Hooray for coming to GC and introducing yourself, (belated) welcome to our circle of sisterhood.

I have an idea for philanthropy that is related to both Type I and Type II diabetes, so do PM me if you're interested.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Wow, I cannot believe that I have yet to post in this thread...

Anyway:
Hey everyone, I'm Cassandra and I am at the University of King's College/Dalhousie University in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. The AGD Chapter there is Alpha Eta and it was the 5th Canadian Chapter installed. I am a Collegiate who Pledged in September 2011 and Initiated in November 2011, I also have the honour of being my Chapter's Website Coordinator.

I joined Alpha Gam for a couple of reasons. The big one was that my mother was part of the Alpha Gam Chapter at the Univeristy of Calgary (Delta Nu for those who are wondering) in Alberta, and my godmother was my mom's AGD sister, bridesmaid and a past President of the Delta Nu Chapter. Due to this, I grew up meeting my mom's sisters and hearing stories about their experiences with Alpha Gam and I wanted to experience that for myself.

My favourite memory of my first year as an AGD was actually my Initiation. My Pledge Class of about twelve, got together with our chapter's Alpha Program Coordinator for breakfast early on the day of Initiation. After eating and walking to the venue in our sweatpants and winter jackets, we started getting changed.

I ended up being one of the first girls to be ready and as I was walking out of the bathroom I hear one of the other girls yell "Holy Heels!"The reason for this? My dress was at least four inches longer than I was tall and I couldn't get it hemmed because it was made of many thin layers so I ended up with shoes that were white pleather with a tall heel and a huge platform on the toe.

I managed to wear them all through Initiation without getting sore feet or landing on my face and the shoes in question are now known throughout the chapter as "Cassandra's Spice World Shoes". It's my favourite memory because that was the day when I realized that I was truly in a place where I belonged...and I won't ever forget the looks of astonishment that I got from my sisters when they saw me wearing those shoes.

Joining Alpha Gam was the best decision I have ever made and I am so proud to call myself a member of the Alpha Eta Chapter. To me, each and every Alpha Gam is my sister, for which I am so thankful for, and I look forward to meeting many more Alpha Gams, and not just those from my Chapter or my mother's Chapter.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Sweet!!!

Love your mom being your (our) sister!

There are a couple or more Canadians AGDs here!
Old 06-26-2012, 10:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Welcome to the boards, Cassandra! I was the Area Coordinator for your chapter several years ago.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:09 PM
GreekChat Member

AGD Roll Call

I can't believe I haven't posted to this yet either!

My name is Dawn Large Hart
I'm an Epsilon Nu member from the University of Central Oklahoma
My favorite memory is of recruitment. There was the loud mouthed crazy girl that made a scene everywhere she went. I said to myself, if she pledges my house, I'm gonna drop that house.

Anyway bid day came along, and sure enough she pledged my house. Not only did she pledge it, she became the pledge class president. Back in the late 80's when I pledged, we had a full semester of new membership. Anyway, I thought to myself, this is going to be a LONG semester.

Flash forward 12 months, we were the best of friends. We didn't go anywhere without the other one. We even roomed together. She turned out to be a pretty good friend and one of my biggest supporters.

Flash forward 23 years, and she is still my best friend. Has been in my wedding. And held my hand when I was sick. Calls me and at the drop of a hat, is by my side. She is still my biggest supporter and I can't imagine my life without her. AGD is forever. And she is living proof of that!

I was proud to initiate my sister - Epsilon Phi (Texas Woman's University) as an alum. And was even more proud when she became the Zeta Zeta (WPI) Chapter Advisor and received her Arc a couple of years ago.

I'm a proud and loud AGD. Go Alpha Gam or go home! I'm now the alumnae President in Denver, CO and still lovin' the squirrels!!

Loyally
dawn
Old 08-20-2012, 06:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi Dawn! I know who your sister is... I used to be the Area Coordinator for WPI's area. Great to see you here!
Old 08-20-2012, 06:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Awesome, Dawn!

Welcome!! Tell your sis to come to GC!
Old 08-30-2012, 05:55 PM
GreekChat Member

1) First Name: Stacie
2) College/University and Chapter: University of Calgary - Delta Nu
3) Collegian or Alumnae: Collegian
4) Why you joined Alpha Gam and/or your fave memory of AGD: I joined AGD because I wanted to meet people on campus. During formal recruitment the ladies were so friendly and easy to get along - with and not to metntion my outfit matched every recruitment party by total fate!
Old 08-30-2012, 06:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UC-AGD View Post
1) First Name: Stacie
2) College/University and Chapter: University of Calgary - Delta Nu
3) Collegian or Alumnae: Collegian
4) Why you joined Alpha Gam and/or your fave memory of AGD: I joined AGD because I wanted to meet people on campus. During formal recruitment the ladies were so friendly and easy to get along - with and not to metntion my outfit matched every recruitment party by total fate!
Another Canadian Alpha Gam Welcome to GreekChat!!
Old 09-01-2012, 01:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdInCanada11 View Post
Another Canadian Alpha Gam Welcome to GreekChat!!
Thank you!
Old 11-19-2012, 12:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Where old Sorority Girls go, pearls still included!!
Send a message via AIM to BadSquirrelBeta
Hi all! I haven't been active on the GC Boards for a while, but I wanted to say hello and welcome to all the new AGDs who have come to GC. Hope all is well, squirrels!