GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Phi Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,470
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, KetoXP
» Online Users: 2,222
0 members and 2,222 guests
No Members online

Old 07-12-2000, 07:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Cool What is Brotherhood/Sisterhood to YOU?

I believe it was UsualSuspect7, that posed the question "What is brotherhood/sisterhood to you?". Until now no one has answered him. To me brotherhood is almost indescribable; it's so hard fr me to find words to put those feelings into a language another person can understand. Growing up it was ALWAYS me and mom dukes against the world, so I never had anyone to call brother and I never knew true brotherhood until highschool, when I became tight with four other dudes. There was never any question about doing something for each other, giving a ride somewhere, but most imporatantly we trusted each other, which is probably why out of all my highschool youngins I still only ride tight with them. When I got to college and saw Alpha it intrigued me to see soooo many guys who just displayed that kind of brotherhood to each other. I mean the Alphas ran the yard (and they still do), but to see so many positive black brothers who would do ANYTHING for each other?!?! In highschool me and the three dudes I was tight with were some of the few brothers not smoking weed everyday or JUST chilling, I mean we had our fun, but we found other ways to do it. Seeing this same pattern in Alpha I wanted to join as well. The brotherhood that I have experienced is unbelievable. I mean our chapter does so many things EVERYDAY to promote the common brotherhood. sometimes it still surprises me that the 40 bruhs in my chapter can ALL be tight, can all relate to each other, but are still so diverse on so many different levels. The little things we do for each other bring brotherhood. Whether it be a brothers retreat, partying together on Friday, chartering a bus for the long trip to Regionals,or in church together Sunday (even if they aren't "religous" they're there becasue they want the brotherhood). That's what brotherhood is, it's not just asking for money when you're broke, but it's building brotherhood even when you DON'T need anything.
'06
P.S.-Beta Delta 4life-A-PHIIIIIII!!!

[This message has been edited by Spectrum3_1906 (edited July 12, 2000).]
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-12-2000, 09:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking

It is difficulty to bring definition to brotherhood. However, I suggest that one can list attributes of a brotherhood - - I prefer to describe aPHIa brotherhood as a support system. I look to my chapter and others in the frat to provide guidance in areas I am weak. I am particularly fond of the networking within the frat. It serves as a source or resource for professional growth, social events and community involvement.

I recently attended a weeklong conference in Minneapolis where I knew no one. I went on the web and located local brothers and they were happy to pick me up and show me the city. This brotherly act reinforced my personal commitment to Alpha. The frat has exceptional men and I am fortunate to be a part of this phenomenal organizational.

PHIIIII Lambda - Raleigh, NC
"06"
Old 07-20-2000, 05:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

sisterhood how can i describe her? i can't really but i will try i have a real sister so i know what it is to be bond thru blood in sisterhood, there is nothing quite like it, but for the purposes of this board i will speak on sorority sisterhood as it relates to my experiences with Alllllllpha Kappa Alllllllpha Sorority Inc.!!!

ok sisterhood is calling a soror whenever day or night just because you need someone to talk to or someone to listen to you. she could be your sands or a soror you just met and she still shows you sisterly love, she has your back your side and your front, at the most crucial times in your life, she cries with you, for you, lifts up your arms when they are folding, and makes you spill your heart out when you and she both know you are holding back. She inspires you to excellence, culture, and loyalty to the family. Sisterhood speaks the truth in love and overlooks the petty differences that we all have. she excepts your bad habits, bad men choices and bad attitudes, she forgives because she is a soror. She is constant, reliable and will always try to extend her hand and time (except when she is trying to get quality time with her man lets keep it real) but sisterhood is well let me stop before i start singing the hym to all my sorors near and far, sands, grad sorors, and sorors whom i will meet on the highway of life *pinkies up* and SkeeeWeeee