GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Locals
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,445
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Avalanchejqr
» Online Users: 1,971
3 members and 1,968 guests
naraht, Sarak24034, Xidelt

Old 09-24-2009, 02:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Trying to Get Off The Ground

I am looking to start a new chapter of Lambda Delta Lambda at my school. I currently have 8 women committed to membership, and two school organizations dedicated to supporting us. We have a recruitment schedule set up, and I've been in contact with an alumni from another chapter who has assured me we have blessings to begin this new chapter and she'll help me the best she can.

I contacted the Assistant Director of Greek Affairs about our chapter to ask about our schools specific rules and regulations and what we needed to do to get set up properly, and she told me it is our schools policy to not recognize or allow local sororities and our chapter has to be nationally recognized, and asked for a list of associated groups. There is a chance we are under the umbrella of Lambda Delta Phi, our brother fraternity, but three e-mails (three different brothers mind you, I am not crazy enough to harrass them...yet) have resulted in no response and I need to get back to the A.D. soon!

Can anyone tell me how to find out if we have national recognition, or how to get recognition? It only took about two weeks to find 8 women who thought this chapter was the perfect fit for them - if that was simply by the word of mouth of two people talking about an idea, it's going to grow fast!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-24-2009, 11:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomkinBabe View Post
I am looking to start a new chapter of Lambda Delta Lambda at my school. I currently have 8 women committed to membership, and two school organizations dedicated to supporting us. We have a recruitment schedule set up, and I've been in contact with an alumni from another chapter who has assured me we have blessings to begin this new chapter and she'll help me the best she can.

I contacted the Assistant Director of Greek Affairs about our chapter to ask about our schools specific rules and regulations and what we needed to do to get set up properly, and she told me it is our schools policy to not recognize or allow local sororities and our chapter has to be nationally recognized, and asked for a list of associated groups. There is a chance we are under the umbrella of Lambda Delta Phi, our brother fraternity, but three e-mails (three different brothers mind you, I am not crazy enough to harrass them...yet) have resulted in no response and I need to get back to the A.D. soon!

Can anyone tell me how to find out if we have national recognition, or how to get recognition? It only took about two weeks to find 8 women who thought this chapter was the perfect fit for them - if that was simply by the word of mouth of two people talking about an idea, it's going to grow fast!
We? Are you already a member?

These are questions that you need to ask the members of the existing chapter. If you're not, you don't just "become" a national organization, though. You'd have to have some sort of national stucture before anything will be successful.