GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Locals

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,470
0 members and 1,470 guests
No Members online

Old 01-10-2009, 03:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Local in need of help!

I'm in charge of new member intake for my sorority. We have been around since 1995 and I'm afraid we might be dying out. We went a year without any new members and our new class is three juniors, if any one has any suggestions on how to bring in new girls that would be great!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-10-2009, 04:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to H0NEY1987
Some suggestions that have been previously posted mention, that a key way to promote your organization is to constantly wear letters around campus. Allow fellow students to see your group doing positive things around school and the community and invite them to join you. It's a good way to give back, show you care, and to get people seeing a positive side to greek life.

Some have also suggested to take advantage of campus resources such as the campus paper, cafeteria or union tables, and flyers posted in dormitories and hallways.

Another idea you could try is to work with alumni who may be able to guide you in the right direction. They would know the campus very well and could be able to determine the best ways for your group to expand the way you want it to.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Recently our recruitment chair read, I heart recruitment, and it really helped her. This last semester we had our largest pledge class initiate and so far this semester looks like it will be about the same size!
What seems to work best is making a personal connection. Don't rely on just putting up fliers and hosting events. You need to personally invite people and not on facebook, but over the phone.
I don't know how your campus works, but at the beginning of each semester they give us a list of women who are new on campus that have our required GPA and within our age range. It take a while, and you get a lot of no's but it's a great way to contact women that otherwise may never hear about going greek.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:13 PM
GreekChat Member

we go door to door in freshman dorms and some sophomore dorms (and bring candy and flyers)... its a lot of work but its worth it .. a lot of girls like to have a face to connect with
Old 02-27-2009, 07:20 AM
GreekChat Member

on top of all these ideas, some other thing you could do is
1. Get ahead of other by making connection with new incoming freshmen before they have even started school. A good way to do that is during orientation.

2. Make facebook group and add the potential pledges in those group.

3. As a group show that you care and plan events that will attract people .
Old 03-10-2009, 09:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Do you participate in a formal recruitment on your campus or do your own COB period?
Old 04-03-2009, 11:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to YounGentleman86 Send a message via MSN to YounGentleman86 Send a message via Yahoo to YounGentleman86
My personal opinion on what adds to good recruitment is a personal relationship with the student body. I am involved in many extra curricular activities on my campus and so are my brothers but the #1 pull that gets us interest is a true personal interest in everyone.

Being very social and open minded is a big part of this. The general student body population take notes of these kind of things, and if you connect to them in a real way and (truly be) an open hand to them... interest will come.

One of my biggest advice is to never have your group fall into the category of a click. If you are able to do this you will be able to attract people from all walks and interests of life and should never run short on interest.
Good luck and much GLO love to you.