GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,468
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, dizzycmaarleyy5
» Online Users: 2,188
2 members and 2,186 guests
DoubleRose, SilverTurtle
Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2004, 06:22 PM
GreekChat Member

I remember the song. I vaguely remember the video with the chick sneaking into the bathroom and stuff and talking on the phone 'til all hours of the night with some other guy. One night, the boyfriend wakes up and catches her then kicks her to the curb. She is supposed to "get gone." It used to be in heavy rotation on Midnight Love.

Did they have any other singles?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-17-2004, 07:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Ideal08

What I DON'T like is Nate Dogg's chorus in Never Enough. It could have been so much better; it's weak.
You know...I think Nate Dogg is so overrated. I despise his voice, he has a lazy singing voice, maybe it's an acquired taste.

BTW, I haven't heard the song, I just think anything ND does is horrible.
Old 11-17-2004, 07:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by RedefinedDiva
I remember the song. I vaguely remember the video with the chick sneaking into the bathroom and stuff and talking on the phone 'til all hours of the night with some other guy. One night, the boyfriend wakes up and catches her then kicks her to the curb. She is supposed to "get gone." It used to be in heavy rotation on Midnight Love.

Did they have any other singles?
yes, it was a song called "whatever" that went "whatever you want to do/uh huh/it's all up to you/what what...{something, something}...i wanna rock wit' you..."

I Stay Woke!!
Old 11-17-2004, 08:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by RBL
I don't know if thread is for old or new albums... but a few years ago the group Ideal released their debut album and it was really really good. I count it a must have
I broke up with a guy around the time their single "Get Gone" came out and it was my anthem!! That CD is really nice and it was in heavy rotation back in '99.

They also had a single called "Creep Inn." But there are better songs on the rest of the album. There's one where they are a capella...oooh yeah
Old 11-18-2004, 08:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 1savvydiva
You know...I think Nate Dogg is so overrated. I despise his voice, he has a lazy singing voice, maybe it's an acquired taste.

Dat's why his solo chit went triple wood (4 CT4).

He's good for a HOOK, like Ashanti! They should do a duet!
Old 11-18-2004, 10:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 1savvydiva

See, I like his voice. I don't expect him to be a stellar crooner. I have his "triple wood" CD and I like it.
Old 11-19-2004, 11:40 AM
GreekChat Member

destiny's child

i got the cd and i actually like it. there's only 1 song that i'm really not feeling and it's #10--through with love. i will say that michelle's voice sounds sooo weak except on #8--if, which is one of my favorite. i would give it 4.75 stars out of 5

I Stay Woke!!
Old 11-19-2004, 12:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: destiny's child

Quote:
Originally posted by MeezDiscreet
i got the cd and i actually like it. there's only 1 song that i'm really not feeling and it's #10--through with love. i will say that michelle's voice sounds sooo weak except on #8--if, which is one of my favorite. i would give it 4.75 stars out of 5
Yea, i also think the cd is pretty good. I kinda feel bad for Michelle because Beyonce and Kelly's voices are so powerful....and Michelle's voice just isn't as developed as the other two. But my favorites are 3, 5 and 8.
Old 11-19-2004, 09:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

I agree, Michelle comes off really weak. It's pretty good though. I'm also feeling #'s 3 & 4

I can't seem to get John Legend out of my disc player either........
Old 11-19-2004, 09:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I didn't like #10 either for some reason. I'm in love with #11, though. I have that song on repeat! Overall, the CD is pretty good. I have to give it a 4 out of 5.
Life Member Fall 2008
Be a Leader, Be a Friend, Be of Service
Old 11-20-2004, 08:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AKA2D '91
Dat's why his solo chit went triple wood (4 CT4).

I need at least 2 new CDs to add to the rotation for my 8 hour drive this Wednesday and the drive back on Sunday. The BAMAS at BEST BUY raised the price on New Edition. $13.95?!!?!?!?

I will be going to a used music store after I pay some bills.
Old 11-20-2004, 09:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Gina1201
The Cd comes out on the 30th.
I am a long time LP fan and I will definetely be getting this album.
Old 11-20-2004, 08:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Gina1201
I listened to Gwen Stefani's new Cd, Love Angel Music Baby, on MTV.com and so far I've liked what I've heard.

Cause even when I'm a mess
I still put on a vest
With an 'S' on my chest
Oh yes, I'm a SUPERWOMAN
Old 11-20-2004, 10:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to RBL

Quote:
Just heard the DC album. #8 is the best on the entire album. I actually like Michelles voice. I'm surprised she harmonize with them so well b/c her voice is raspy...Sometimes Beyonce just do runs when not needed and her voice bothers me. Michelle can come off weak IMO b/c Beyonce just overpowers a song and it seems the structure and harmonies are built more towards B's voice which is why you hear her SO clearly in the background. Honestly I think Kelly has the best voice out of the three.... but all in all good album
Old 11-21-2004, 04:06 AM
GreekChat Member

My best friend has the DC album and has been raving about it for the past 2 days. I'm not really a DC fan, but I will admit to liking some of their stuff. She says that her favorite song is called "Cater to you" or something like that. Kmart had it on sale for $9.99...the guy said that it'll be on sale the day after TGiving for $7.99. Maybe I'll get it then.

You know, as I'm typing this...I realize that I will not be risking life and limb to go to KMart on the Black Friday just for DC...I'll fork up the extra $2. LOL
Closed Thread