GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,470
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, KetoXP
» Online Users: 2,202
0 members and 2,202 guests
No Members online

Old 08-25-2011, 02:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Wow, I didn't even know this thread existed. I'm so happy I found it. What an amazing story to read through. I can't wait to hear more
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-25-2011, 11:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapinfificat View Post
I only started reading this thread this morning but I have so enjoyed every post. I love how this small group has blossomed and grown. You have very special young women on your former campus. I sincerely hope that you will be able to update or maybe someone from your chapter might continue to update. Thank you so much for sharing the story of your chapter - the other side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUKD View Post
The very same with me. Great posts, and an even better story
Quote:
Originally Posted by victoriana View Post
Wow, I didn't even know this thread existed. I'm so happy I found it. What an amazing story to read through. I can't wait to hear more
Thanks everyone, I'm glad you've enjoyed it!

It was tough for Greek life on the entire campus for a while, but things seem to be looking up - for both the sororities and fraternities. All of the chapters are growing, and I know a year ago there was some talk of expansion on the fraternity side, so we'll see where that goes as the chapters continue to expand.

Again, I'll try to keep up with what's going on and provide any updates that I can. And I'll definitely get some final numbers together when recruitment has concluded.

@~/~~~~
Old 08-26-2011, 10:27 AM
GreekChat Member

I just started reading this yesterday, but it's so great to see how your chapter has grown in such a short time! Best of luck!
Old 09-18-2011, 11:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Again, it's difficult to follow recruitment from beginning to end now, but here's an update of how everything played out in the end:

Recruitment is partially structured. In order to receive a bid, a PNM must attend the initial kick-off event, plus at least 2 events for each of the chapters, and she must be invited to Preference.

Last year, Panhellenic decided to lower total from 40 to 35, and I'm happy to say that 2 of the chapters are above that!

The numbers for Fall '11 are:

Alpha Sigma Alpha - 16 (40 total members)
Alpha Sigma Tau - 15 (39 total members)
Theta Phi Alpha - 15 (27 total members)

I should have some pictures soon!

@~/~~~~
Old 09-19-2011, 01:28 AM
GreekChat Member

That's awesome!!! So proud of your chapter from going to struggling to thriving in just a few years. I'm sure they couldn't have done it without you
Old 09-19-2011, 11:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh, and here's a fun fact that the Greek Life Coordinator posted on Facebook the other day:

Today, there are more sorority women at Penn State Behrend than there were total fraternity and sorority members when she started there in 2007.

@~/~~~~
Old 09-20-2011, 03:45 PM
GreekChat Member

I started reading this thread 2 years ago, and love to see updates!

Perfect example of how historically struggling with numbers chapter "get's it"...pre-plans and executes recruitment events well, steps out from their usual comfort zone, thinks "out-side of the box" for fun informal events...and never, never gives up!

How exciting to see how the chapter has grown. Well done ladies!