GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,466
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Angelow
» Online Users: 2,134
2 members and 2,132 guests
Low D Flat

Old 05-29-2003, 08:18 AM
GreekChat Member

The best skit?

What is the best (funniest, most entertaining, most unique or most moving) rush skit you saw during recruitment?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-02-2003, 05:12 PM
Super Moderator

We did one that was a send up on Cinderella that everyone loved. Some of the things that made it work so well were:

-Every other house was decorated to a fare thee well. We went very low key on the decorations, except for the buffet table. We made a HUGE pumpkin into Cinderella's coach, and used it as a punch bowl, and had dry ice and lights around the table. The sisters' nametags were 3-D castles.

-We served salads (fruit salad, ambrosia, and a non-messy green salad) while everyone else was serving heavy food, like cheesecake, ice cream, or quiche. The pnms were thrilled to see light fare!

-Everything about the skit was SO campy! The Fairy Godmother used a plunger instead of a magic wand, the coach was a (cleaned-out!!) trash bin on wheels, the crown was a glittered but obvious Burger King crown - stuff like that. And the accents! Oy!

-The Fairy Godmother (the real star in this skit) sat on our stage and talked to the pnms, giving silly advice while pointing with her "wand"

Maybe it was that time & place, but literally EVERY pnm who showed up at that round wanted the next night! I'm totally convinced that it was because it was SO different from the rest of the houses - low key and campy - that it stood out.
Old 06-02-2003, 10:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Honeychile, I think that sounds just perfect!

I think you've got the idea down pat... the best rush skits, IMO, are not the ones with the professional costumes, elaborate backdrops, or operatic songs. Because really, who joins a sorority because they have superior acting ability or painting skills? But if a rush skit showcases the chapter's creative and fun-loving side, while simultaneously showcasing their close and friendly sisterhood, that's GOT to be a winning combination!
Old 06-06-2003, 01:34 PM
GreekChat Member

On our campus, our chapter has the reputation for the best Skit Night party- just for our skit alone. I had a former recruitment counsler tell me that unless you've gone through Phi Mu's skit night, you've never been through a skit night.

For the last two years, we've done Saturday Night Live- Phi Mu Special. We open with Wake Up Wakefield, then the monolouge is done by our president, then to Mary Catherine Gallagher, then to the Spartan Cheerleaders. All the girls in the skits have make shift costumes, and for anyone not in the skits, we've gotten tshirts made for super cheap through a company we know.

We're planning on rewriting it this year to include Celebrity Jeopardy and some other undecided skits. One of our advisors is really pushing us to change it to American Idol, but Phi Mu Idol instead- I think we just love the SNL way too much.

Great Lakes Theater Festival - Cleveland, Ohio -Shakespeare's Great Company!
www.greatlakestheater.org
Old 06-06-2003, 06:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to veemers
Wink

I might be a bit biased, but I think that the skit that my pledge class did was the best ever. two sisters are in the park, drinking, and are caught by a police officer (in wisconsin you're not allowed to drink in the park). on the way to the jail, one sister spazzes out and the other comforts her. they call their sisters of theta pi to come save them. the sisters hold an emergency meeting, decide to take the bail from the academic fund, and get their crazy sisters out of jail. the one sister is still spastic, so everyone goes to riverdance to relax and take their minds off of the situation. (this skit was done complete with a handle of jack, the best fake siren ever for the cop car, and riverdance dancers...aka three theta's) I would have to agree...homemade props and sound effects are the best.
Old 06-06-2003, 08:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to BlondeGurl
This year our skit is Sigma Idol. it is so cute. On of our sisters named Jen has a kind of ghetto booty and she goes out lip sings Jenny from theblock by JLo. She is sooo funny. We have just a black stage looking background and all the girls are wearing the cutest baby t's that have sigma idol across them like it is written on TV.
Old 06-06-2003, 11:48 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by dixiesong3131
On our campus, our chapter has the reputation for the best Skit Night party- just for our skit alone. I had a former recruitment counsler tell me that unless you've gone through Phi Mu's skit night, you've never been through a skit night.

For the last two years, we've done Saturday Night Live- Phi Mu Special. We open with Wake Up Wakefield, then the monolouge is done by our president, then to Mary Catherine Gallagher, then to the Spartan Cheerleaders. All the girls in the skits have make shift costumes, and for anyone not in the skits, we've gotten tshirts made for super cheap through a company we know.

We're planning on rewriting it this year to include Celebrity Jeopardy and some other undecided skits. One of our advisors is really pushing us to change it to American Idol, but Phi Mu Idol instead- I think we just love the SNL way too much.
dixiesong, I have been wanting to tell you for ages how much I like your screen name! My mama's name is Dixie Lee, and every time I see your name, I think of the precious lullabies she sang to me...
Old 06-09-2003, 10:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ButTRflyz02
Old 06-09-2003, 10:49 AM
GreekChat Member

When I was going through recruitment last year, the best skit by far was done by Kappa Delta. They did "Wayne's World" and had the couch and everything on the set. It was GREAT! During the skit, their "guests" were famous kd's. It was funny because I thought my sorority's skit was terrrrrible!!!, but I loved them just the same!
Old 06-09-2003, 01:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to White_Chocolate
this year, i have to say our skit will kick butt
we're modeling it after a famous show
and i'm writing it with our archon
the two of us together are absolute slap-sticks
we're called the two stooges

we're excited because it is our opening night
and we're totally doing the show almost verbatim from the first show

i'm not allowed to tell the skit
because there's other people from my school on here
Old 06-09-2003, 07:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by honeychile
dixiesong, I have been wanting to tell you for ages how much I like your screen name! My mama's name is Dixie Lee, and every time I see your name, I think of the precious lullabies she sang to me...
awww, thanks hon! Funny/goofy story... I couldn't remember my AOL password to my old screen name, so i made up this one just by throwing some words together lol. It's funny how something completely random to me actually has meaning to someone else!

Great Lakes Theater Festival - Cleveland, Ohio -Shakespeare's Great Company!
www.greatlakestheater.org