GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,467
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Bioxtrim
» Online Users: 1,188
0 members and 1,188 guests
No Members online

Old 10-29-2009, 01:24 AM
GreekChat Member

As I have sat back and read these comments, I'm thinking that this is beginning to get on the low, LOW end of the IQ scale.

MI--If, and I do mean IF you are a member of Phi Beta Sigma, you are showing a VERY poor representation of your organization. I have known many Sigmas, and NONE of these men represent or even show your lack of empathy/sympathy for anyone.

You have come on this forum, spouting several misconceptions about Black Women. Yet, everyone has told you, in a very nice way, that it is the people that YOU are CHOOSING to be around.

Yet, you clearly ignore what it is they have to say. I am not understanding. A man, purporting to be of some intelligence, is showing not only his lack of, but his direct lack of sense!

You have said over and over, me, my, and what I have experienced. Fine and jim dandy. However, you have MADE the mistake of GENERALIZING all Black Women in your comments and statements. Then you tried to make it up by "apologizing" in your statements. However, you have only done to make matters worse. In my field, you just need to leave well enough alone! You have foot-in-mouth disease and don't know when to SHUT THE HELL UP!

I don't know what Black women you have been around, hang around, or like to be around, however, from what I have read, you are COMFORTABLE around those women. That in a nutshell is your problem. You are confortable around ignorant women and you are trying your DAMNDEST to make this be ALL women, especially all Black women that you meet.

Well here's the clue, here's your hint, here's your survival package, IT ISN'T SO! You've hung around some women that were loud, rude, barbaric, and just plain ignant! So sorry to burst your bubble, but that isn't ALL Black Women.

Leave well enough alone! You're showing that you are classless, clueless, and childish in your thoughts, actions, and most likely behaviors. If you feel that I'm scaring you, then here's another clue, that's YOUR PROBLEM, not every other man or woman's that you or I will EVER meet in this lifetime!

Get outta your corner in your small and impish little world and join what the rest of us have to face, the real world. Plain and simple.

I'd like to see you just TRY and be a Black woman for one day. Why don't you try having SEVERAL glass ceilings hit you in the face constantly. Why don't you try and have to defend your education to ignorant men and women, Black and White. Why don't you try to have to raise children, go to school, keep the house clean, and oh yes, survive. Why don't you try to face keeping your family together, dealing with being a single parent, dealing with being married, and oh yes, keep your head together without going crazy in the process. Why don't you try to face seeing fools that you work with on a daily basis that slapping the literal crap out of would be too good for them, but still be able to get your job done. Why don't you deal with being the only Black Woman in the company and have people look at you like you're crazy for having that job and having to defend your job through DOING your job.

Oh but I forgot, you just don't understand Black women. Well hell, in reading your comments, I doubt and KNOW that they don't have time to raise another child, that was his Mama's job.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-29-2009, 02:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dreamseeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemonSeid View Post
Ladies...he's all yours.
no thanks
Old 10-29-2009, 06:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by libramunoz View Post
As I have sat back and read these comments, I'm thinking that this is beginning to get on the low, LOW end of the IQ scale.

MI--If, and I do mean IF you are a member of Phi Beta Sigma, you are showing a VERY poor representation of your organization. I have known many Sigmas, and NONE of these men represent or even show your lack of empathy/sympathy for anyone.

You have come on this forum, spouting several misconceptions about Black Women. Yet, everyone has told you, in a very nice way, that it is the people that YOU are CHOOSING to be around.

Yet, you clearly ignore what it is they have to say. I am not understanding. A man, purporting to be of some intelligence, is showing not only his lack of, but his direct lack of sense!

You have said over and over, me, my, and what I have experienced. Fine and jim dandy. However, you have MADE the mistake of GENERALIZING all Black Women in your comments and statements. Then you tried to make it up by "apologizing" in your statements. However, you have only done to make matters worse. In my field, you just need to leave well enough alone! You have foot-in-mouth disease and don't know when to SHUT THE HELL UP!

I don't know what Black women you have been around, hang around, or like to be around, however, from what I have read, you are COMFORTABLE around those women. That in a nutshell is your problem. You are confortable around ignorant women and you are trying your DAMNDEST to make this be ALL women, especially all Black women that you meet.

Well here's the clue, here's your hint, here's your survival package, IT ISN'T SO! You've hung around some women that were loud, rude, barbaric, and just plain ignant! So sorry to burst your bubble, but that isn't ALL Black Women.

Leave well enough alone! You're showing that you are classless, clueless, and childish in your thoughts, actions, and most likely behaviors. If you feel that I'm scaring you, then here's another clue, that's YOUR PROBLEM, not every other man or woman's that you or I will EVER meet in this lifetime!

Get outta your corner in your small and impish little world and join what the rest of us have to face, the real world. Plain and simple.

I'd like to see you just TRY and be a Black woman for one day. Why don't you try having SEVERAL glass ceilings hit you in the face constantly. Why don't you try and have to defend your education to ignorant men and women, Black and White. Why don't you try to have to raise children, go to school, keep the house clean, and oh yes, survive. Why don't you try to face keeping your family together, dealing with being a single parent, dealing with being married, and oh yes, keep your head together without going crazy in the process. Why don't you try to face seeing fools that you work with on a daily basis that slapping the literal crap out of would be too good for them, but still be able to get your job done. Why don't you deal with being the only Black Woman in the company and have people look at you like you're crazy for having that job and having to defend your job through DOING your job.

Oh but I forgot, you just don't understand Black women. Well hell, in reading your comments, I doubt and KNOW that they don't have time to raise another child, that was his Mama's job.
are you finished? thank you.

ladies & gentlemen, libramunoz has left the building!!

I N T E L L I G E N T
M E N
Old 10-29-2009, 08:14 AM
GreekChat Member

It's never actually occured to him that if different people tell him at different times the same things, that just perhaps he needs to do something different.
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Old 01-18-2010, 02:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasonsInquiries View Post
hello, everyone! i'm new to the site and I have several things to say concerning this issue.

FIRST, i wouldn't say that black women are scaring black men off. i really wish more black men would step up to the plate and learn how to be just that (MEN). as of 10/17/09, 35% of all the black men in this country have either been to jail or are currently in jail. more brothers need to step up to the plate and be actual "fathers" to the children they make. also, it would be nice if more brothers went to college. if this recession, doesn't teach someone the importance of a quality education, then NOTHING will. get it together, brothas!!!

NOW, sistas.....

i want to first start off by saying that BY FAR, black women are the most beautiful creatures on the face of this earth. seemingly, most black women have everything that, frankly, any man would want; everything except the most important thing.....the RIGHT attitude. of all the women on the face of this earth, black women are the LEAST desired, and do you guys know why? the ATTITUDE!

most black women i've ever come in contact with in my lifetime seem to have the same characteristics below:

1) most black women don't know how to love. they know how to SCREW, but not love someone (for eternity).

2) most black women are unsupportive

3) most black women are unappreciative

4) most black women are shallow.

5) most black women try to be control freaks

6) most black women don't know the difference between being aggressive and being rude.

7) most black women have no class.

now, let me say something about "class". for those sistas who have never been taught how to have class, that's another issue. you can't blame someone for something they've never been taught. but however, for those sistas who know exactly what it means to have class but still chooses to act "ghetto", that's what i have a problem with. class is something that ANYONE can learn, people!!!

mary j. blige went to etiquette school some years ago because she admitted that "even though i have a successful music career, i have no class". since she has done this, i have had as much respect for her as one person could have for another. the queen of r&b is a better woman because of this change.

8) most black women are loud.

now, alot of my friends don't have a problem with this, but i do. it goes back to #8 (having NO class).

so, in essence, i guess you could say in a big way that black women are indeed scaring us away....
You know what? You are by far the most ignorant negro on the face of the planet. You sit up here preaching all this nonsense stereotypical bullshit, while at the same time throwing some old "black women are the most beautiful creatures" mess..I wish I had a dollar for every tired ass black man that fed me this same ol' lame ass shit. Negro please. You say "most" a lot. Does your tired ass know "most" black women? Most of you sorry ass black men are no good, tired ass dogs. No class? What do you define as class? Based on this post you don't appear to have any class either with your tired ass. We're not supportive? Are you out of your damn mind? We have supported you unemployed, lazy, irresponsible tired ass black men all our lives, then you go out and get some "ironing board flat butt" white bitch, as soon as you get a little success. As soon as your black ass loses your job, then you come running back to a black woman, and once again we come to your rescue and to take care of your broke, hungry ass. Y'all don't pay child support, y'all have babies all over the damn place and can't even put food in your own mouths. You say a few words about tired ass black men, but yet you have a whole damn negative laundry list about black women. Negro please! Sit your tired black ass down somewhere.

Last edited by Lasonja; 01-18-2010 at 02:57 AM.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUTH 101 View Post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok ok I understand were you coming from now I am scared of black women see people this is why we have problems you clown me because of my spelling because I’m typing fast, is that all you have is to call me names. I won’t worry about that to me that’s just jealousy. I have a black girlfriend so I’m doing good, we get along just fine, but I can tell you this when you have a African American girlfriend and she looks at her own sisters in shame it goes to show why you are on here calling people names. I guess your one of the women I’m talking about, the women that is from the ghetto, that has no respect, that is single I bet your single right, don’t tell me your married cause I just wont believe it. I feel by the way your upset by my honest opinion

that you are the one with the issues of black men not wanting to be with a black women so hopefully you can come up with something a little better then that weak blow your trying to give me, and if you really have a problem we can meet up and take care of this like a black hood rat chick with weave in her hair that has big earrings and a chain that has her name across it you hood rat.
Can you even read? You call yourself truth 101, but your tired ass hasn't done a damn thing but told 101 lies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
I just can't agree with what's been posted (with the exception of the comments about the men) I'll just say this one last thing, and then I'm going to leave this thread be, at least on this topic. I don't really like pointing the finger at her because to me, in today's society, it's the black men and men period who are not taking their leadership roles in the family and are instead becoming passive and indecisive. His s/o is supposed to be valued and revered as an equal partner, but a lot of men lack the ability to appropriately love and value her, and only her. I don't really like getting into the race part when it comes to relationships, because what it comes down to is serving the other person. And this goes back to serving a woman who respects herself, because one who doesn't is going to clown rather you serve her or not. To say "black women" don't treat their men right, is wrong on every level. If a man is not happy with how she is treating him (black or white), then I think it's a good idea for HIM to check what kind of treatment he is giving her and that's because she responds to the treatment that she is being given.

I'm not going to get into any further discussions about it though. We're both entitled to our own opinions on the issue.
Well said.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Another resurrection. *yawn*
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!
Old 04-13-2011, 10:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygreek View Post
Another resurrection. *yawn*
And another one for hilarity.

I was reading an article about Black women damaging their hair with braids and weaves. http://hellobeautiful.com/style-beau...weaves-braids/

This study found something that many of us had always been taught about braids and weaves. There were a couple of dumb comments in the comments section. Perhaps the dumbest ones were (1) a man saying that Black women are harming themselves to look like white women; and (2) a man saying that he no longer dates Black women (yaaaaaaay ) because so many are no longer "real."

The other day, another Black man who is near and dear to my heart told me why he doesn't date Black women. We talk too much and think we're too liberated to be guided by a man; and a man's guidance and protection is what God intended. I didn't ask him any of this but he felt like sharing. I was initially shocked but found it very funny. He was dramatic and extremely serious. He was angered that I found it funny and said he'd "pray" for me. Amen, homie, amen. Same shit, different toilet. Still funny.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Are Black women scaring off Black Men

...not real ones.

Parts of this thread are so laughable I had to make sure this wasn't April 1.
~ Luke 19:10
Old 04-13-2011, 12:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
And another one for hilarity.

I was reading an article about Black women damaging their hair with braids and weaves. http://hellobeautiful.com/style-beau...weaves-braids/

This study found something that many of us had always been taught about braids and weaves. There were a couple of dumb comments in the comments section. Perhaps the dumbest ones were (1) a man saying that Black women are harming themselves to look like white women; and (2) a man saying that he no longer dates Black women (yaaaaaaay ) because so many are no longer "real."

The other day, another Black man who is near and dear to my heart told me why he doesn't date Black women. We talk too much and think we're too liberated to be guided by a man; and a man's guidance and protection is what God intended. I didn't ask him any of this but he felt like sharing. I was initially shocked but found it very funny. He was dramatic and extremely serious. He was angered that I found it funny and said he'd "pray" for me. Amen, homie, amen. Same shit, different toilet. Still funny.

The comments section is 70% troll anyway so I rarely pay attention to that part when dealing with Black women.

As for your friend, his is not a black woman issue but a him issue. Usually (not everytime) black men that make this assertion purposely attract that kind of woman.

I tell my wife all the time, that I've never had a crazy ex story in my past. Every woman I've dated has been sane and don't fall into the "stereotype" that black women seem to have been latched with. When I actually thought of that and sat down, I realized it wasn't that I was just that good selecting level headed black women, it was more so a certain reality that people always says, "You are what you attract." I've never attracted the loud chick. They never liked me. I liked them, they never liked me. It's like the "I don't want a gold digger." But you are flashing cash in the club.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0Xa4bHcJu8
Old 04-13-2011, 01:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to preciousjeni
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluPhire View Post
...it was more so a certain reality that people always says, "You are what you attract." I've never attracted the loud chick. They never liked me. I liked them, they never liked me. It's like the "I don't want a gold digger." But you are flashing cash in the club.
More people need to understand this concept.

Talented, tested, tenacious, and true...
A woman of diversity through and through.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by preciousjeni View Post
More people need to understand this concept.
I spend about an hour a week trying to pound it into my clients' heads. "Unhealthy people attract unhealthy people" "But some women WANT to get treated lik.." "UNHEALTHY PEOPLE ATTRACT UNHEALTHY PEOPLE."
Old 04-13-2011, 05:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluPhire View Post
"You are what you attract." .
I know I'm way out of my lane, it's just that I don't know if I totally agree with this. I do to some degree but, not 100%. I mean, if I understand your post correctly, there are some people with good character and morals who may attract someone who's the total opposite. I've attracted bad guys before but, that doesn't make me a bad person. That's just the physical part of attraction. I think the key to attracting what you want (physically, emotionally, and spiritually) is being/becoming what you want to attract, not so much "you are what you attract". If a guy wants a together woman, then he needs to be a together man and vice versa. I just think that if you happen to attract someone who isn't on your level, or has bad character, that doesn't make you what they are. This isn't directed to you, but in general, --perhaps that someone who would be exciting to you would not be excited by you because, maybe you aren't doing anything for yourself or you're not walking in the same direction that person is walking.
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!

Last edited by cheerfulgreek; 04-13-2011 at 06:07 PM.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to preciousjeni
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
I know I'm way out of my lane, it's just that I don't know if I totally agree with this. I do to some degree but, not 100%. I mean, if I understand your post correctly, there are some people with good character and morals who may attract someone who's the total opposite. I've attracted bad guys before but, that doesn't make me a bad person. That's just the physical part of attraction. I think the key to attracting what you want (physically, emotionally, and spiritually) is being/becoming what you want to attract, not so much "you are what you attract". If a guy wants a together woman, then he needs to be a together man and vice versa. I just think that if you happen to attract someone who isn't on your level, or has bad character, that doesn't make you what they are. This isn't directed to you, but in general, --perhaps that someone who would be exciting to you would not be excited by you because, maybe you aren't doing anything for yourself or you're not walking in the same direction that person is walking.
Semantics.

Talented, tested, tenacious, and true...
A woman of diversity through and through.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
Like Preciousjeni said, Semantics. We are saying the same thing, I just used the term I've always heard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0Xa4bHcJu8