GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life > Introductions

Introductions New to GreekChat? This is where you can introduce yourself to the GreekChat community.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 2,449
0 members and 2,449 guests
No Members online

Old 04-15-2012, 03:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile 20-something

Hi I joined to do some research on graduate and alumni chapters. I always wanted to join in college and never had the resources to do it. I'm looking for some info on etiquette while I find a sisterhood.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-15-2012, 04:58 PM
GreekChat Member

If you are referring to an NPHC sorority or organizations which have that style of membership process, you will not get many direct answers through a message board. However, you're welcome to keep your eyes open and read the older threads.

I will say that regardless of the type of organization you'd like to join, you should look on their national websites first and then talk to actual members that you are friends with.

Good luck!
Old 04-15-2012, 09:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you! I've been reading through older posts and I'm probably not going to post any questions about it since so much has already been posted in old threads -quite informative!

I found an old thread called "I don't get AI" and I get the impression that a lot of girls that were in a sorority in college don't like the idea of someone joining after college... I don't get it but it almost makes me feel that the kind of sisterhood I expected to find through a sorority after college may just not exist.

Regardless, I will keep reading and do as you suggested and ask friends that actually did the sorority thing in college for help. =)

(I wish I would've found this forum my freshman year in college!)
Old 04-15-2012, 10:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplehippie View Post
Thank you! I've been reading through older posts and I'm probably not going to post any questions about it since so much has already been posted in old threads -quite informative!

I found an old thread called "I don't get AI" and I get the impression that a lot of girls that were in a sorority in college don't like the idea of someone joining after college... I don't get it but it almost makes me feel that the kind of sisterhood I expected to find through a sorority after college may just not exist.

Regardless, I will keep reading and do as you suggested and ask friends that actually did the sorority thing in college for help. =)

(I wish I would've found this forum my freshman year in college!)
Exactly what kind of sisterhood did you expect to find after not joining in college? The AI in that thread refers to that of some NPC sororities who do occasionally initiate older women. If you are indeed referring to an NPC group, alumnae life is nothing like collegiate sorority life. It is not a replacement for not joining in college. You're better off looking into the Junior League.