GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life > Introductions

Introductions New to GreekChat? This is where you can introduce yourself to the GreekChat community.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,422
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, indisigma00
» Online Users: 2,607
4 members and 2,603 guests
indisigma00

Old 01-17-2011, 08:27 PM
GreekChat Member

2.2 Will I Get In? HELLLLPPPP!!!!!!!

This Semester I'm Going Though and I'm Super Excited. I'm hoping to be a part of the great Frat Kappa Sigma..My Friends have already said if i go through im a shoe in to get a bid.

I Need help tho the Minimum GPA is a 2.3 to rush(School requirments) my GPA is a 2.238.

I'm worried ill have to wait or wont be initiated this semster...4

What do yall think? any comments will be very helpful thanks alot.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-17-2011, 08:31 PM
GreekChat Member

I think you should be more worried about failing out of school than getting in a fraternity.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:44 PM
GreekChat Member

I killed Someone But i really Want to join alpha Beta, the GREATEST FRATERNATY EVER. But thay sey they don't take NE1 who has killed someone.

HALP GUYZ. I'm worried they won't let me join cuz they're so anti-killing, but I only did it once!!!!!!!

What do you guyz think? any thoughts will help lots k?
Old 01-17-2011, 08:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Ditto what kddani said. Your main focus should be "how can I get my grades up so I can graduate?" and not "how can I get my grades up so I can pledge?"

You may be a great guy, but an organization likely won't take a chance on a grade risk. Fraternities get a lot of leeway, but grades are rarely flexible.

Old 01-17-2011, 09:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KE-Hopeful View Post
This Semester I'm Going Though and I'm Super Excited. I'm hoping to be a part of the great Frat Kappa Sigma..My Friends have already said if i go through im a shoe in to get a bid.

I Need help tho the Minimum GPA is a 2.3 to rush(School requirments) my GPA is a 2.238.

I'm worried ill have to wait or wont be initiated this semster...4

What do yall think? any comments will be very helpful thanks alot.
If your school minimum is 2.3 and you are under, the school will not let you rush at all. Schools with a relatively competent greek life office will check GPAs and make sure rushees actually meet the requirements (I say competent because a few years ago my campus never checked GPA requirements).

Let's say you were able to rush for some reason. I don't know your school or greek life climate, but this would be enough for me to vote no when deciding whether to extend a bid. For most, the semester of pledging usually ends up lowering your grades. You really can't afford to be doing anything but focusing on studies.

I don't know how Kappa Sigma membership selection works, so I won't speculate how they pick who to give a bid to. From my perspective, you seem like too much of a liability at the moment. What's the use of a pledge or new brother if they end up getting kicked out of school for grades?