GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Phi
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,470
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, KetoXP
» Online Users: 2,170
1 members and 2,169 guests
Xidelt

Old 08-18-2003, 07:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink Remembering Recruitment....

So I just had this thought as I sat here at work, sneaking a peek at all the Rush threads and following the excitiment and antipication of the PNM's as they go through recruitment.

As an 02' grad, last year at this time I was so busy settling down and getting in tune with the daily grind, what my sisters at UCSB were doing to prep for the Fall 02' new member class hardly crossed my mind.

However, this year I've found myself missing the little black dress and the hours of song rehersal on the stairs: Our Alpha Phi love is so loyal and true, And our sisterly bond we are sharing with you, And it shows in our smiles that we are, Aye - Fee! (had to relive for a moment )

So I'll ask this: what are some things that you used to find so tedious during recruitment that you now think, 'man I miss that!?!'

Deals

PS - Anyone have any results yet?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-19-2003, 04:19 PM
GreekChat Member

The recruitment workshops, in general. I always saw it as a chore. But now, I see the importance of them and I miss them.

I am sure you all know the song: Alpha Phi AF says how do you do, AF AF wants to welcome you, so come on in, here's your cue, be an AF girl, we want you. For some people, the want you rolls off of the tongue and sounds like "wanchoo." I do not know how many times we sang and sang until people learned to pronounce it correctly! I'm missing that right now.
Old 08-19-2003, 04:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SATX*APhi
For some people, the want you rolls off of the tongue and sounds like "wanchoo." I do not know how many times we sang and sang until people learned to pronounce it correctly! I'm missing that right now.
LOL the same thing happened to us!
In the same song I was quoting above, Our Alpha Phi love... always sounded like Our Ralpha Phi love... God we sang it so many times to get it right!

Another thing we used to do was spend ours the night before pref. hanging about 20 strands of mini-lights from the ceiling of the chapter room.... about 3am we would be completely delierious but now I look at pictures and think damn, how cool was THAT to a PNM?!?
Old 08-19-2003, 09:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ladyj39
I'm actually about to head out to meet with the rush committee and set an agenda and go over skits and songs for the retreat this weekend! I'm the Recruitment Advisor for my chapter and we've been working really hard to make sure everything goes smoothly!

We're trying out two new skits this year and I hope they turn out well. We're working in "Iko" to one of our skits and it's so cute!!! I just hope our girls don't get too tongue tied! The girls are so excited!