GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,331
2 members and 2,329 guests
Cookiez17

Old 09-23-2008, 03:59 PM
GreekChat Member

What were your best memories of living in your house?

I just found out that I'm living in my sorority house next year! I couldn't be more excited, and I was wondering...would y'all like to share your best memories of living in?

EDIT: Typo, sorry. I'm living in NEXT year!

Last edited by GammaPhi88; 09-23-2008 at 06:04 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-23-2008, 04:06 PM

*Coming home from going out, sitting in the kitchen and eating dollar pizza we got from downtown.

*Sitting in the kitchen on Friday mornings and getting the 'recap' on everything that happened Thursday night.

*Living in at the same time as my Big Sis, Twin Sis, and Triplet. Fun times.

*Midnight Taco Bell trips.

*Knowing that no matter what time I got home, someone was going to be up for me to talk to.

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 09-23-2008 at 04:10 PM.
Old 09-23-2008, 04:13 PM
GreekChat Member

I loved it when the crazy alumnae came back and crashed on our couches. Sometimes I'd come downstairs after heading to bed kinda early, and there'd be 3 or 4 of them sprawled out all over the place.

I also lived across the hall from my sister-mother, and down the hall from one of my very best friends. We ended up all living together off campus the next year, my brother met my friend and fell in love, and now they're married.

We had a great porch with a swing. A sister and I sat out on that swing for 11 hours one Saturday. We only got up to go to McDonalds. The greatest part was that people would walk by, stop and talk to us for a while, then come back later in the day hoping we were still out there.

The best part of living in the house, though, was that I didn't have to get ready early for stuff. We only had 9 people in the house, everyone else had to come over for stuff. So I could start getting ready about 20 minutes before (if I didn't have to shower or do my hair) and I'd be ready just in time to go downstairs and meet everyone!
Old 09-23-2008, 04:21 PM
GreekChat Member

We did not have a house

Old 09-23-2008, 04:41 PM
GreekChat Member

The morning after the big party.

Everyone's hung over sitting downstairs still pretty drunk recounting and embellishing the nights events.
Overall, though, it's the bigness of the car that counts the most. Because when something bad happens in a really big car – accidentally speeding through the middle of a gang of unruly young people who have been taunting you in a drive-in restaurant, for instance – it happens very far away – way out at the end of your fenders. It's like a civil war in Africa; you know, it doesn't really concern you too much. - P.J. O'Rourke
Old 09-23-2008, 05:03 PM
GreekChat Member

We had an all sorority dorm. I loved meeting in our hallway to rally before a mixer or event. We were on the third floor so noises always carried downward. We'd sing and chant and generally make lots and lots of noise so that the other chapters knew what fun we were about to have!
Old 09-23-2008, 05:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Raids!
Old 09-23-2008, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elephant Walk View Post
The morning after the big party.

Everyone's hung over sitting downstairs still pretty drunk recounting and embellishing the nights events.
yup, that was the best.

Watching soaps together, borrowing clothes...basically all the little day to day things are the best memories, just as much if not more than the big events.
Old 09-23-2008, 05:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Hate to say this because it wasn't OK then and it's certainly not OK now, but pregaming to go out! You almost had more fun getting ready than you did at the actual party. Also- skipping class on Friday morning after a night out and laying around outside.

I also still love the morning-after recaps, Elephant Walk. I do it with my roommates now but it's not the same as having everyone all together.

I also was someone who could study easily with noise/others around. Studying for finals was always fun and productive at the same time!
Old 09-23-2008, 06:04 PM
GreekChat Member

The little stuff was the best.

Studying until 2AM in the dining room with my little sister and laughing when the Papa Johns could never get her very specific pizza order right.

Sitting on the porch swing with my other little sister for two hours one night because she needed a sympathetic ear.

Doing cartwheels and handstands in the formal living room every year after the furniture was removed for rush.

Sitting in the upstairs lounge, staying awake to chat and giggle until the sun came up.

Having impromptu slumber parties with the girls next door, even though my room was only 3 feet away.

Always being up on the news/gossip about boyfriends and greek stuff.

V-E-R-Y late night trips to Wal-mart because I smudged the paint on my lil sis's Shoe Hunt shoe and it had to be perfect for big sis revealing! (Wal-mart employees give you strange looks when you buy baby shoes at 3 in the morning!)
Old 09-23-2008, 06:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCutie View Post
I also was someone who could study easily with noise/others around. Studying for finals was always fun and productive at the same time!
I realize that I can't live somewhere quiet after living in the house. It drives me crazy.

I don't know what I'm going to do when I graduate.
Overall, though, it's the bigness of the car that counts the most. Because when something bad happens in a really big car – accidentally speeding through the middle of a gang of unruly young people who have been taunting you in a drive-in restaurant, for instance – it happens very far away – way out at the end of your fenders. It's like a civil war in Africa; you know, it doesn't really concern you too much. - P.J. O'Rourke
Old 09-23-2008, 07:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to WVU alpha phi
I have the greatest memories from living in the house, it was definitely my greatest year of college.

-Always having someone to go out with (or have a mellow night with) no matter what night of the week.

-Becoming close friends with girls from other pledge classes that you didn't know that well.

-The Nip/Tuck multiple season marathon we decided to have during finals week fall semester. We would all watch together, stop when someone had to leave for an exam, and start back up again when they got back. We'd stay up until all hours of the night until we finished all the seasons we had rented.

-Borrowing clothes (I STRONGLY suggest getting your borrowed clothes back the next day, even if that means you having to wash them. I can't count how many clothes I lost from living in the house.)

-Friday morning recaps, girls rolling in from the night before, picking girls up from spending the night out, etc.

-Always being the first to know house/greek gossip.

Last edited by WVU alpha phi; 09-23-2008 at 07:23 PM.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Easily the best is the morning after a party night where everybody is sprawled out hungover in the TV room telling stories and watching girls come back to the house. I also loved getting ready for a theme party or mixer when everybody is running around laughing at each others costumes. Love the late-night food raids in the kitchen, getting to know random girls really well that you wouldn't have guessed you would get along with, the silly days/nights where we'd have silly string fights or fill up water balloons...one night a girl in our chapter got the idea to make ghost costumes out of sheets and go "haunt" our favorite fraternity. Just being in on all the stupid stuff like that.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:59 PM
GreekChat Member

It really is the little things! I lived in my chapter house for three years (Sophomore, Junior, and Senior), and I miss it SO much.

* Tooth brushing parties in the morning (I was a lab science major, and so was a large contingent of my house, so we frequently had early [read: 8:00 am] morning classes *ew*)

* Piling into the living room to watch Gray's Anatomy every week.

* Stopping to talk to someone in the hall, and all of a sudden there are 5 of us.

* Not having to go anywhere for chapter!

* Singing Theta songs while showering... with other showering Thetas.

* Having a place to go home to.

Last edited by LoggerTheta; 09-23-2008 at 08:00 PM. Reason: typo
Old 09-23-2008, 08:07 PM

*Having a bad day, coming home, and having 15 other people to complain to as soon as you walk in the door.

*When you REALLY need to talk to somebody (bad breakup, family problem), there's someone right upstairs with open ears.

*Getting ready to go out and playing "go out" music in the lounge while everyone's in the bathroom doing their hair.

*Always being the first people in the chapter to know stuff because we lived in the house.

*Not having to go anywhere for chapter meeting.

*Sitting around the kitchen and talking about EVERYTHING. We always said that if the kitchen could talk, we'd all be bribing it to keep quiet.

*If I wanted to go to Starbucks but didn't want to go alone, all I had to do is yell upstairs "Anybody wanna go to Starbucks?" and I had a car full of people to go with me.

*Around Big/Little time, sitting around all night working on gifts for our Littles.

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 09-23-2008 at 08:28 PM.