GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,127
0 members and 1,127 guests
No Members online
Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 10:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyponies View Post
If you have been edited and deleted a million times, why have you not been banned?
Probably for the same reason that a lot of posters have been deleted and edited a million times without being banned. See, we know how to post without crossing the line into psycho-land.

I am curious... Why do you feel the need to follow me into a lot of threads only to show me you are post stalking me? I have not posted much in weeks. Yet, you have gone into all of those threads and made some little comment to show me you're following me. IT'S BEYOND YOUR USUAL LEVEL OF CREEPINESS.

Leave me alone. I don't go into your land and mess with you. Why are you so obsessed with me?
Old 01-17-2008, 10:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippiechick View Post
Probably for the same reason that a lot of posters have been deleted and edited a million times, too. See, we know how to post without crossing the line into psycho-land.

I am curious... Why do you feel the need to follow me into a lot of threads only to show me you are post stalking me? I have not posted much in weeks. Yet, you have gone into all of those threads and made some little comment to show me you're following me. IT'S BEYOND YOUR USUAL LEVEL OF CREEPINESS.

Leave me alone. I don't go into your land and mess with you. Why are you so obsessed with me?
I'm so sorry you're so paranoid. Maybe you should get that checked out.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Earp View Post
Does anyone have a passive solar house?

I really looked into it when I was married and talked to a builder. Had some plans for an English Tudor house and changed some of it for passive solar. I got divorced and she took the plans.

Now, I keep the blinds open when it is sunny and close them at night when I go to bed. It helps as my last gas bill was $130.00 up from $72.00.

Remember, I am gone for 1/2 day at work.
I know my brother just bought a house in California that has passive solar panels on it. He can somehow sell back the power that it generates to the power company. He also has some kind of geo-thermal water heater or something that has pipes that are underground in his backyard. The water is heated by the earth and then cycles back into the house. He's been there since July and said his electric and gas bills are less than his cable bill.

So I depart that I may now better serve my fellow man, my country & God
Old 01-18-2008, 03:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverRoses View Post
I know my brother just bought a house in California that has passive solar panels on it. He can somehow sell back the power that it generates to the power company. He also has some kind of geo-thermal water heater or something that has pipes that are underground in his backyard. The water is heated by the earth and then cycles back into the house. He's been there since July and said his electric and gas bills are less than his cable bill.

That is not geo-thermal. Geo goes down below the earths crust, very deep. I cannot think of what the name is but, I know what you are refering to! The problem with it is it will not work under exteme conditions of weather. That is why there is a back up need with natural gas and air conditioning.

You are correct though, whether it be from wind turbines or solar panels, and enough electricity is produced, it can be sold to the local power company.

That is to cool as the natural gas prices keep going up!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 01-18-2008, 06:36 PM
GreekChat Member

She's right. Geothermal means energy from the Earth. It can be from the shallow ground to deep within the Earth's crust.

Roses, does he live in Hawaii? That seems to be where most of the geothermal and solar energy units are located.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippiechick View Post
Probably for the same reason that a lot of posters have been deleted and edited a million times without being banned. See, we know how to post without crossing the line into psycho-land.

Oh, to cool for a print copy!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 01-19-2008, 08:22 PM

Let's let this rest.
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.
Old 01-20-2008, 12:53 PM

The name calling and personal attacks on this thread have gone far enough.
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.
Closed Thread