GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,334
0 members and 1,334 guests
No Members online

Old 04-01-2015, 06:50 PM
GreekChat Member

ha ha ha I LOVED that book!!! Thanks for the reminder on it- I might need to re-read it-- perfect southern sorority satire!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-12-2015, 08:50 PM
GreekChat Member

I read "Sorority Sisters" and oh my! I want to marry that book. Welch is such a talented writer and all the characters were SO well written. I felt like I knew them. I felt like I lived in the house. If you haven't read. Read. It. Now.
Old 04-25-2015, 04:33 PM
GreekChat Member

BTW: SS follows the main characters after college. Read "Eating the Cheshire Cat" but it veered into farce territory. Couldn't get into it, but was determined to finish. I like satire, but not farce. Reading Ann Hyman's book (she's an AXiD sister--yay). Any digging find out what chapter it was written about? I'm not too far into yet. My mind was blown by the some of the spoiled sisters she came across. Have to LOL @ a girl claiming her mattress had bed bugs or fleas and AH told her if she had them, so would her roommates and none of them had complained. Her mom even showed up and said she'd have their maid take care of things. lol I guess as growing up blue collar, first gen college & Greek, that blew my mind. I thought college was about growing up and getting independence.
Old 04-19-2016, 11:22 AM

Ann Hyman's book

A reviewer on Amazon said it's about her days with the Tri-Delt house at UC Berkeley.
Old 04-19-2016, 02:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Ann Hyman applied for our House Director position a few years ago. I still have her resume saved on my laptop. She only worked for three sororities..........

True and Constant
Old 04-27-2016, 12:26 PM

Ann Hyman's book

Ooooh....I'm curious, but also want to respect her privacy!
Old 04-27-2016, 03:17 PM
GreekChat Member

I remember when she was a house director at UCLA!
Old 03-06-2017, 02:53 PM
GreekChat Member

I got Dirty Rush for $5 at a used bookstore and took it with me on a cruise. It’s stereotypical, exaggerated and over-the-top, but it did make a good vacation read. I would just sit out on the balcony and get through several chapters while my husband slept a little later.

I found an article from 2 years ago saying that it been picked up by Elizabeth Banks to make a movie, but I’m not sure what ever happened with that. When I read the book, I kept picturing the character “Colette” as Krysten Ritter (the “B” from the tv show Don’t Trust the B- in Apt 23).