GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Chapter Operations

Chapter Operations Share plans, ideas, and brainstorm problems related to chapter operations. Topics also include parliamentary procedure, national programs, innovations & etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,282
5 members and 1,277 guests
acg233, John, Phrozen Sands, Sarak24034

Old 02-01-2005, 05:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Question New International Chapter(Chile, South America)

Hi, my name is Natalia and I'm from Chile, South America. I lived in the U.S. for about 8 years and I'm very familiar with the greek lifestyle and what it's all about...I left the states before I could get the chance to rush for any sororities I would love to be able to start a new international chapter down here...as far as a sorority I'm not so sure I'm leaning towards a co-ed thing, I think it would be more succesful.
I need your help !!! I don't know how to make this legal, who I'd have to write to, get the right approvals, all that stuff. And most importantly which frat/sorority (co-ed) would you recommend??
I'm hoping somebody out there will be so kind to guide me on this. I have a lot of time in my hands to make this work, and I know it will, and all the enthusiasm needed to successs!!
Thanks a lot!
Hopefully I'll hear from you soon
Adios!
*Natalia Mayer*
FaShIoN dEsIgN student @ Duoc UC
Santiago, Chile
Old 02-01-2005, 06:09 PM
GreekChat Member

My guess is that it will be rather difficult to colonize a chapter in South America. To start with, you will need your school's approval and support, along with the support of local alumni/ae as well as resource support from the inter/national organization.

Having said that, here is a list, along with their short introduction, of various fraternity & sorority councils and conferences. I believe that some organizations in NALFO or NMGC may be coed. And while none of the members of NPHC, NPC or NIC are coed, I have included them for your research as well. You may go to each site and figure out which group might work best for your institution. Then perhaps contact the council and or conference to see if they are interested in colonizing in Chile.

Best of luck.

NALFO: National Association of Latino Fraternal Organizations is an umbrella council for Latino Greek Letter Organizations. The purpose of NALFO is to promote and foster positive interfraternal relations, communication, and development of all Latino Fraternal organizations through mutual respect, leadership, honesty, professionalism and education.

NMGC: National Multicultural Greek Council is the umbrella council for Multicultural Greek Letter Organizations. NMGC is comprised of 11 member organizations who meet annually to discuss the development and implementation of the council's mission. Please explore the site to learn more about our coalition and member organizations.

NPC: National Panhellenic Conference, founded in 1902, is an umbrella organization for 26 inter/national women's fraternities and sororities. Each member group is autonomous as a social, Greek-letter society of college women and alumnae. Members are represented on over 620 college and university campuses in the United States and Canada and in over 4,600 alumnae associations, making up over 3.6 million sorority women in the world.

NPHC: The National Pan-Hellenic Council, Incorporated is currently composed of nine (9) International Greek letter Sororities and Fraternities: Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc., Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc., Iota Phi Theta Fraternity, Inc., Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc., Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc. Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc. and Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. NPHC promotes interaction through forums, meetings and other mediums for the exchange of information and engages in cooperative programming and initiatives through various activities and functions.

NIC: The North-American Interfraternity Conference (formerly known as the National Interfraternity Conference) has a long and storied history as a body that has assisted fraternal organizations to work together. On November 27, 1909, 26 fraternities met to discuss critical issues facing fraternities at that time. A formal organization was completed in 1910. In 1931 the organization's name was changed from Interfraternity Conference to National Interfraternity Conference. In 1999, the leadership again changed the name to North-American Interfraternity Conference to celebrate the membership of brothers in Canada.
Old 02-01-2005, 11:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Somewhere between Good Morning America and Jerry Springer.
You may want to consider friendly venturing a chapter of Beta Sigma Phi. BSP is active in over 30 countries, and would certainly welcome a chapter in Chile.

Contact membership@betasigmaphi.org for more information.