GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life > Introductions

Introductions New to GreekChat? This is where you can introduce yourself to the GreekChat community.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,452
0 members and 1,452 guests
No Members online

Old 07-20-2018, 07:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Hello from a new user

I pledged Delta Delta Delta at Vanderbilt University in 1960, and was Delta Gamma Chapter Pledge Class President that year and Rush Chairman in 1963, both of which jobs I thoroughly enjoyed. I married a Vandy pediatric intern in June of '63, so I was less active my senior year (especially since I was expecting a baby - due July 1, 1964...but not arriving 'til Aug. 1! ...and he's been late for everything since!)

In 1979 I divorced my husband and moved with my (by then 4) children from our home in Huntsville, AL to Madison, GA (not far from Atlanta) and married again, this time to an English professor at the Univ. of Georgia. Chuck had lost his wife( and they'd had no children) when he took me on with my 4 teenagers...a very brave man!

I am now a (fairly recent) widow, still living in the home that I designed and we had built in '95. I taught English at the local high school while my children were there, but, with Chuck's encouragement, I stopped teaching and became a full-time artist, painting commissioned portraits for years, but also scenes of Madison (a charming historic town with many lovely antebellum houses, lovingly restored by new owners.) I am still doing commissioned house portraits as well large portraits, full figure portraits, of children and adults...and occasionally, of animals.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-20-2018, 09:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi, there!
I lived in Nashville in the 90s and loved it so. Can’t imagine how different it was then!
Old 07-21-2018, 07:06 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome!