GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Phi Epsilon
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,584
0 members and 2,584 guests
No Members online

Old 03-03-2003, 10:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Zephyr
Red face Delta Xi Omega - Sorority Life 2

So what do you all think of the new Sorority Life on MTV? I was HOOKED last season; though some of the things the first sorority did were blatant hazing--it looked the the girls of Sigma cared about Sisterhood a great deal. SO I was watching Sorority Life II on Sunday, and the DZO girls were hazing the girls at Rush!!! ("Stick you a$$ out teh window and recite the Greek Alphabet"). I don't know who looked worse, the sisters or the Rushees, for even doing something like that at a Rush event. I'd never join an organization that made me do THAT before I even had a bid. I can't wait to see what their "pledge program" is like. This makes the entire greek system just look BAD. Greek or not, I think the producer could have done a lot better than the women of DZO to represent the entire Greek system. I wonder how much longer the sorority and the Fraternity on Fraternity Life are going to be at U. Buffalo.

Any thoughts? I may be too serious about these things at times; but if I were a high school senior and I knew I wanted to join a sorority, as I think the majority of women who join sororities did (I knew I'd join a sorority, just not which one) I'd seriously reconsider that decision if all I knew about sororities was what I saw on MTV.

Zephyr
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-03-2003, 01:31 PM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
Zephyr--

I saw it finally yesterday, and I have to say that I'm NOT impressed with this group at all. As much as the new members of SAEPi did silly things, they were things that we all may have been able to look back and say "yeah, I got drunk one night and ran into a glass door.". These women were just mean. And how come they only have 14 sisters, 5 of whom will be graduating, and they're only taking 6 new women? I'm confused...

Can't say I know much about Greek Life at U of Buffalo, but this group doesn't seem to be the highlight of it, that's for sure. I'll be watching them all though, no doubt.
Old 03-03-2003, 01:43 PM
GreekChat Member

My roommate (who is also my pledge sister. i'm 25 and still hang out with my 'pledge' sisters...I like to think I'm getting my money's worth out of D Phi E [this is a joke ladies--I'm aware of where the money goes and why we pay it]) and I were watching the previews for next week where the Rushee's must stick their butt's out the window and say the Greek Alphabet and we were like, 'Huh. The most WE ever did to the Rushees was feed them." Isn't the idea at Rush to put your best face forward and show the Rushee's that you have a strong sisterhood? I though the DZO girls were just crappy at Rush.

Those girls were kind of rude to the Rushee's and though I'm now getting reamed on the other forum, I'll say that I think they are not the greatest representation of Greek life. If they treat you like crap at the rush party, where they should be working to IMPRESS potential new members... how is the rest of this season going to go?

In the scene where they are sitting together talking about the Rushees at a Rush event (while the Rushees were still there)they reminded me of that one table of popular girls at your highschool where they'd talk about everyone else... oh that was terrible.

I know it's a local and it's just one episode but...I am also NOT impressed.
Old 03-03-2003, 02:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
I went to school in upstate NY. I've heard that story many times before so maybe its a NY thing. I really think that it was a joke. I think that it was in poor taste to say something like that at a rush/recruitment event.

Getting your money's worth out of D Phi E. I used to say something like that myself. lol!
Old 03-03-2003, 03:26 PM

I couldn't BELIEVE they were sitting there talking about that girl Amy while she was sitting on the steps, and then someone realized she was sitting there, and they sort of laughed at it and said "oh well, you're at MY house!". I just don't get it...
Old 03-03-2003, 03:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
Quote:
Originally posted by shadokat
I couldn't BELIEVE they were sitting there talking about that girl Amy while she was sitting on the steps, and then someone realized she was sitting there, and they sort of laughed at it and said "oh well, you're at MY house!". I just don't get it...
I missed that. Dayum rude! We had a rule not to talk about rushees until the rush event was over. It's common courtesy.
Old 03-03-2003, 03:41 PM
GreekChat Member

We weren't even allowed to look at our watches in front of the Rushees...

Although I do agree a little with that one salty Jenel girl who looks like Mariah Carey...it was rude of the rushee to answer her phone while she was talking to her.
Old 03-03-2003, 03:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Not that I am condoning ANYTHING about this show but we need to remember that it's a preview edited to make us watch-- I am betting (PRAYING!) that the "butt" comment was out of context. Still I agree with y'all-- these women are NOT nice. Again, I know MTV is editing, but it seems they are judging these women almost ENTIRELY on what they wear, how they look etc.

I noticed that the original executive producer is not producing this season-- he is now listed as "created by" or something like that in the credits. I wonder if they wanted something more juicy than he originally intended and that is how we ended up being subjected to this group.

Hopefully--this won't affect us!

Last edited by LPIDelta; 03-03-2003 at 03:45 PM.
Old 03-04-2003, 10:31 AM

I honestly don't think the show has affected us negatively at all. At many schools I've spoken to in my area, recruitment numbers are up, not down, and PNMs didn't even mention sorority life. I think that the women going through recruitment are smart enough to realize that this is an MTV show, and that it is made to be "good TV".

As for the butt comment, I would certainly hope it was a joke...we'll see!