GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls
» Online Users: 1,645
2 members and 1,643 guests
Cookiez17

Old 11-17-2018, 08:33 AM
GreekChat Member

What happens if I want to rush another frat at another school while being a Brother

Hi ! I’m a brother of a fraternity at a school and i’d like to transfer to another school. If I rush another frat without telling them,will NIC know(like my name and stuff...)that I’m member of both organisations or not ?
Old 11-17-2018, 08:36 AM

They will once we send them this thread.
Old 11-17-2018, 01:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fratboy123 View Post
Hi ! I’m a brother of a fraternity at a school and i’d like to transfer to another school. If I rush another frat without telling them,will NIC know(like my name and stuff...)that I’m member of both organisations or not ?
You think somehow neither organization will find out and deal with you appropriately?
Old 11-17-2018, 02:26 PM

Is your chapter not available at the school you want to transfer to?

I'll support the RedWolves, but in my heart I'll always be an ASU Indian. Go Tribe! (1931-2008)
Old 11-17-2018, 02:48 PM
GreekChat Member

How many times a year do we get this question?????
Old 11-17-2018, 02:51 PM
GreekChat Member

In this day of social media, I think it would be near impossible for people at your new school not to know about your affiliation. You might get a bid, but I could not see you making it to initiation without someone finding out about your current letters. I can't imagine that would be a pretty day. Now, I haven't even gotten into the ethical issues...or the fact that you would be compromising the pledges you have already made which can really cast a shadow upon one's character. If the new school does not have your fraternity, you could always contact them to see if a colonization was in the works. You never know...

Short Version--No. Don't even try.
Old 11-17-2018, 08:03 PM
GreekChat Member

No. My fraternity doesn’t have any chapter at my new school and I’m wondering if IFC or NIC can check if somebody belonged to another fraternity before. I know a few guys who have been imitated into 2 fraternities after transferring but nothing concrete. I don’t have any Facebook or Instagram neither,so my social media life is pretty simple.
Old 11-17-2018, 08:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Your chapter has social media. Your brothers do. The people on the other campus do. Someone you know will out you. Don't do it.
Old 11-17-2018, 08:26 PM
GreekChat Member

So NIC won’t check but the brothers of the other frat can ?
Old 11-17-2018, 09:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Yes...and the brothers of the one you are in could. Some groups have to check with a potential member's former campus....you just never know. My sorority wants us to check with Greek Life at any previous campus. Besides, what are you going to tell your current brothers? Are you just going to leave under dark of night and never communicate again with anyone there????? If so, bless your heart, you aren't worthy of your letters.
Old 11-17-2018, 10:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
No. My fraternity doesn’t have any chapter at my new school and I’m wondering if IFC or NIC can check if somebody belonged to another fraternity before. I know a few guys who have been imitated into 2 fraternities after transferring but nothing concrete. I don’t have any Facebook or Instagram neither,so my social media life is pretty simple.
A teenager without social media?
Old 11-17-2018, 10:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Yeah,but If I don’t tell my current brothers where I’m transferring,how could the new fraternity know from where I’m transferring from and that I was in Greek life before(it’s not written on the transcripts)?. If I just don’t wear my previous letters and don’t show up to my previous school,how could anybody notice ?
Old 11-17-2018, 10:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Things always have a way of surfacing. Your transcript will show your previous school. Like a previous poster said, some greek offices will check with your previous school when you register for recruitment.

Now, my brother did move from one fraternity to another. The first was a non-IFC group (BUX) and the second was an IFC. You could always do the reverse and not be in violation of IFC agreements.

It's your life so you should do what you choose, however, I think your question has been unanimously answered with a "no."
Old 11-18-2018, 08:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigmagirl2000
Quote:
Yeah,but If I don’t tell my current brothers where I’m transferring,how could the new fraternity know from where I’m transferring from and that I was in Greek life before(it’s not written on the transcripts)?. If I just don’t wear my previous letters and don’t show up to my previous school,how could anybody notice ?
Let me get this straight....

You're a current collegiate member of a fraternity, but you want to transfer to another school and not maintain contacts with any brothers or any other students from your current university after you leave at all?

That seems to say more about your character and ability to form meaningful bonds and friendships than the fact that you are so focused on how to evade rules to join another fraternity without checking out proper protocol.

::: waiting for someone to post in Irishpipes 2013-2014 chapter listing thread that quota was .25 ::: - ASTalumna06
Old 11-18-2018, 09:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
So NIC won’t check but the brothers of the other frat can ?
Quote:
Troll?

Regardless, he sounds pretty intent on moving forward with this seemingly impossible plan. He's been provided advice and warnings, and yet it seems like he still wants to cut everyone he currently knows at college out of his life forever and break the bonds he made with his current fraternity to join another, all at the risk of losing both memberships and being seen as the a**hole who tried to flout the rules.

Please, Fratboy, don't let us stop you!

@~/~~~~