GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,460
Threads: 115,512
Welcome to our newest member, anthonshtolze75
» Online Users: 1,709
4 members and 1,705 guests
LaneSig, MethrenLusia, Sarak24034

Old 12-22-2012, 04:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Pledgeing at last minute

Im a senior that wants to pledge Omega . This semester i habe a 2.49. I have spring and fall left is it to late for me to try for fall cuzz i will have what is needed
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-10-2013, 09:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reese57 View Post
Im a senior that wants to pledge Omega . This semester i habe a 2.49. I have spring and fall left is it to late for me to try for fall cuzz i will have what is needed
Omega as in Omega Psi Phi?

If so, I wouldn't be of much help. NPHC works different than NIC and it would generally be up to how the fraternity views it. Some may think that pledging a senior, especially in their last semester is pointless since once you're in, you graduate, but others may not few it that way. They may know the benefits of their brotherhood and might want to extend that privilege to you. Let me know how it goes!

We had a last semester senior interested in us and we would have extended a bid to him, but then he stopped showing interest when we tried to get to know him.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:28 PM
GreekChat Member

And last I knew, Omega had some standards. Do you really think by writing that post that any Omega would be interested in getting to know you further? I don't think there are 3 correct words in a row in that post. You should be embarrassed for yourself.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reese57 View Post
Might as well tell you that members of NPHC groups consider it inappropriate to ask questions about membership or membership intake on a forum like GreekChat and typically will not answer any such questions.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
Might as well tell you that members of NPHC groups consider it inappropriate to ask questions about membership or membership intake on a forum like GreekChat and typically will not answer any such questions.
Stemming from this... You should be asking them in person anyways. They would be the best way (and possibly only way) to find out if you could or not. If you get to know them, show you're interested, (fix your grammar like DubaiSis states), then you'd be good.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KappaSig_Eta View Post
Stemming from this... You should be asking them in person anyways. They would be the best way (and possibly only way) to find out if you could or not. If you get to know them, show you're interested, (fix your grammar like DubaiSis states), then you'd be good.
You wouldn't necessarily be "good," even under these circumstances.

Kappa Sig, I would suggest you stay in your lane.

@~/~~~~
Old 02-10-2013, 09:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Just a heads up -- it's also considered bad form for non-NPHCers to give advice on NPHC membership intake, however well-intentioned that advice may be.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 View Post
You wouldn't necessarily be "good," even under these circumstances.

Kappa Sig, I would suggest you stay in your lane.
Quote:
Just a heads up -- it's also considered bad form for non-NPHCers to give advice on NPHC membership intake, however well-intentioned that advice may be.
I am, however, offering advice from my perspective. I'm not trying to give details on how it works, because I don't know them. I am very close to a NPHC sorority so I know more than some of my friends, but I am in no way trying to say I know how NPHC member intake works.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I am, however, offering advice from my perspective. I'm not trying to give details on how it works, because I don't know them. I am very close to a NPHC sorority so I know more than some of my friends, but I am in no way trying to say I know how NPHC member intake works.
The first part of your post (below) was fine. It was the second part where you started to venture off in an area where you probably shouldn't be.

Just admit that you can't help and move on. Don't give potential members false hope by making them think that if they talk to the members and learn how to formulate complete sentences, that they're automatically "good" and will receive a bid.

Quote:

@~/~~~~
Old 02-10-2013, 10:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
First off, I should have said this earlier: Welcome to GC!

When you say something like
Quote:
If you get to know them, show you're interested, (fix your grammar like DubaiSis states), then you'd be good.
, you (nor I) know whether he'd be good or not. I'm just saying that NPHCers have made clear over the years that they prefer that no one give advice about membership intake or other matters specific to an NPHC GLO except for members of that GLO.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 View Post
The first part of your post (below) was fine. It was the second part where you started to venture off in an area where you probably shouldn't be.

Just admit that you can't help and move on. Don't give potential members false hope by making them think that if they talk to the members and learn how to formulate complete sentences, that they're automatically "good" and will receive a bid.
I only mentioned the second part because I was told that the best way to find out about membership inquiry for the one NPHC I am familiar with is by talking to them (and like MysticCat said asking on forums isn't the way to do it)

ETA: Just now saw that you were referring to the second part in my other post, yes I understand I should have ended after stating to talk to the NPHC organization.

And yeah. maybe I shouldn't have said "then you'd be good" because I didn't mean it like that. I should have said that it was something to start with.

Last edited by KappaSig_Eta; 02-10-2013 at 10:33 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
you (nor I) know whether he'd be good or not. I'm just saying that NPHCers have made clear over the years that they prefer that no one give advice about membership intake or other matters specific to an NPHC GLO except for members of that GLO.
Duly noted, I now know. I only tried to offer advice because of my close interaction with a NPHC. I just like trying to help. From now on I'll make sure not to overstep.