GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,446
3 members and 1,443 guests
PrettyBoy, Xidelt

Old 05-23-2000, 04:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Discogoddess
Post Check yourselves!

Two observations:

1.)Why is it that some of the most venomous, negative threads/posts are regarding BGLOs and their members? This is disgraceful and silly, people! Our ancestors and/or founders would be ashamed of how you call yourselves "representing," when you are simply feeding into stereotypes about our organizations/race/culture. Please stop all the negativity and go out do go some COMMUNITY SERVICE with all the free time you seem to have.

2.) Why do alleged members of the aforementioned organizations get all riled up about what unregistered, nonmembers of orgs. have to say? Please take others' comments with a grain of salt.

Please feel free to respond to my comments via private email. This thread is not intended to "start some mess."

DG,
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
Spring, 1990

[This message has been edited by Discogoddess (edited May 23, 2000).]
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-23-2000, 05:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink

DG you are right. But if you notice alot of people remark negatively when ever anyone gives AKA a compliment, it looks like jealousy to me.
Old 05-24-2000, 02:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Wink

Seems like everyone has something negative to say when ever someone says something about the SGRHOS thats sad. People always give the AKAS their props but I always hear the SGRHOS getting dumped on and that is not right. Truly all the sororties are great!
Old 05-24-2000, 09:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Soror DG,

You are absolutely correct and I totally agree with you. We all know that some of the people who are unregistered and even some of the members of Greek Chat are not members of the organizations they claim to represent. They simply want an audience for their negativity. That is why I don't bother posting in some of the threads unless I have something positive to add. Otherwise, I ignore the ignorance.
Old 05-24-2000, 03:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Finer Woman10-A-91 Send a message via Yahoo to Finer Woman10-A-91
It's poor HOMETRAINING! And yes you are right, our founders would be ashamed. When I tell my non-affiliated friends that the akas and deltas attended the initial introduction of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Incorporated to Howard University, they always have this look of suprise on their faces. No need to hate. It's about servicing the community.

Sisterly,
A Cappella
10-A-91
Quote:
Originally posted by Discogoddess:
Two observations:

1.)Why is it that some of the most venomous, negative threads/posts are regarding BGLOs and their members? This is disgraceful and silly, people! Our ancestors and/or founders would be ashamed of how you call yourselves "representing," when you are simply feeding into stereotypes about our organizations/race/culture. Please stop all the negativity and go out do go some COMMUNITY SERVICE with all the free time you seem to have.

2.) Why do alleged members of the aforementioned organizations get all riled up about what unregistered, nonmembers of orgs. have to say? Please take others' comments with a grain of salt.

Please feel free to respond to my comments via private email. This thread is not intended to "start some mess."

DG,
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
Spring, 1990

[This message has been edited by Discogoddess (edited May 23, 2000).]

------------------
Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Incorporated...Every Woman's Dream!