GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,470
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, KetoXP
» Online Users: 2,253
1 members and 2,252 guests
No Members online

Old 05-09-2007, 02:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Who you calling "boy"? The name's Hand Banana . . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
I also wonder if he has another woman on the side.
While always possible, it doesn't fit the situation well at all - this would be the least of my concerns, especially if he's 'inexperienced' (both sexually and relationship-wise).
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-09-2007, 02:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Even if he did have another relationship on the side, it still doesn't preclude the fact that homegirl and boyfriend may have different views about living together.

He may be having familial pressure about not "living in sin" (etc.). She may totally think it's normal.

Or he may just be one of the little boy toy possessive selfish types that doesn't like to share in the sandbox and hoots away when he doesn't have his way, except he never plays with all his toys on Xmas day...

Hey, if he's a dog, then is he a puppy or a big dog? Because if he's a puppy, and he goes pee pee on the carpet, you swat him. If he's a big dog, you take him out for a walk...

"Yo soy una mujer negra" ~Zoe Saldana
Old 05-09-2007, 02:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSig RC View Post

Think about it like this: when you (as a woman) have to continuously 'fake a headache' or otherwise avoid sex for some period of time, you generally have a reason - it's usually a problem in the relationship, or a problem with him (NOT a problem with sex, specifically - although that might be the relationship problem, I suppose). Intimacy isn't the solution then, just like it isn't now.

It is quite likely he's having space problems, if this has started since they moved in together - does he have anything that gets him out of the house? Does he work a lot, then spend the rest of his time at home? Does he get out often? Does she ever do things without him, or does she stay at home to "be with him"?

If he's not getting the space he needs (or, more precisely, he thinks he needs), he'll be VERY unwilling to give up more of it to do it. He simply won't be in the mood - and it's a product of them living together, and the relationship not living up to what he expected/needs because of it.

It's a pretty common problem, actually - with both sexes.
KSig RC has made some very good points.

If there has been a drastic change in the bedroom aspect of their relationship, there is likely another underlying issue. Not necessarily that's he's not attracted to her anymore, but any of the stuff that KSig mentioned, or the possibility that he's depressed/stressed out, etc.

Men can be less willing to discuss problems in general, and that applies even more so in the case of bedroom problems. Its a societal thing - the stereotype is that a man (or at least a "real man") is up for it any time, anywhere, and if he's not then there is something "wrong" with him. Which does a great disservice to the male gender, because they're human too - life events happen, stress happens, medical complications happen, distractions happen...an individual male may go through temporary periods where his drive is decreased due to outside factors, and an individual male may not have the stereotypically insatiable drive that we (as a society) expect from all men. If a guy is experiencing a setback with his sex drive, he may not feel like he has anywhere to turn for advice. He might feel like he'd catch a lot of flack for admitting a problem to his buddies, and he might feel that his significant other would think less of him as a man if he opened up about sexual difficulties.

I would not automatically assume that he's no longer attracted to your friend or that he has a woman on the side. However, communication is the only thing that's going to resolve the issue. At least then she'll know where she stands.
Old 05-13-2007, 05:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via MSN to julz
i went trough a simalar thing with my ex husband, im not saying that this is the case but at the end of my relationship i found out he was cheating and dealing with a severe drug problem, i would get sex every 28 deays and i had to ask for it and many times got shot down.He also told me he didnt like sex and tried to avoid it anyway possible,it was hard to deal with,i understand you friend completely,it really affected me alot i felt ugly and fat and like something was wrong with me because he didnt want me in that way,i hope your friend deals with this issue now before it does damage to her because in the long run it will unfortunitly,i know from my experiance.