GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,339
2 members and 1,337 guests
Cookiez17, g41965

Old 08-12-2008, 03:49 PM
GreekChat Member

[quote=LAblondeGPhi;1695616]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Bug! View Post
but I later found out that this house got in trouble for secretly videotaping PNMs walking up their walk so they could review the tapes later!
QUOTE]

Am I the only one who thinks this could be helpful if you're meeting hundreds of women a day?

Creepy, yes, but so are most things in recruitment. (bump groups, distress signals and target rushing, anyone?)
I can't see it being helpful if they're judging cuts on someone's outfit. Seems like a rather shallow way to cut.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Helpful if you were using it to put names, faces, and conversations together...AND if PNMs knew that they were being taped. They didn't know, however, and honestly I don't think anyone except the sisters in that particular house will ever know whether they were using the tapes to remember great girls or to critique outfits. I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt and say they were using it to remember girls...I mean, we certainly had a photo wall, but the photos on it had been sent in by alumnae recommending PNMs, so presumably the PNMs knew we might have seen their photos. That's very different from being videotaped by a hidden camera. In any case, I don't think they do that anymore...don't need to, if girls make their Facebook profiles public!
Old 08-12-2008, 09:24 PM
GreekChat Member

When I went through Rush I was initially really glad that my roommate would be rushing too. Even though I did not know her, I thought it would be something we could bond over. I was so wrong! She took several shots of vodka right before the first round of parties and was upset when I wouldn't join her in "relaxing" before rush. The morning after the first round of parties there was a knock on our dorm room door and it was her Gamma Chi who had come to tell her she had been dropped from every single house. She was really upset and kept on asking me why I thought she had been cut. Um hello? You were plastered!
Old 08-12-2008, 09:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Bug! View Post
Helpful if you were using it to put names, faces, and conversations together...AND if PNMs knew that they were being taped. They didn't know, however, and honestly I don't think anyone except the sisters in that particular house will ever know whether they were using the tapes to remember great girls or to critique outfits. I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt and say they were using it to remember girls...I mean, we certainly had a photo wall, but the photos on it had been sent in by alumnae recommending PNMs, so presumably the PNMs knew we might have seen their photos. That's very different from being videotaped by a hidden camera. In any case, I don't think they do that anymore...don't need to, if girls make their Facebook profiles public!

On that note, we use facebook as a tool when discuassing bids. If we do not remember somebodies name we bring up his face book account and pass it around the room.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:08 PM
GreekChat Member

I have not only a reason why I was cut from a fraternity's invite but
A reason why I cut a fraternity...

I was at unsaid fraternity's station that I DID NOT want to be at but we were supposed to visit all of them... when I walked up the first words out of their mouths were "Soooooo... How much money did your parents make in the last fiscal year?" I don't know if this was the question they asked people they didn't want to talk to but, I had known their reputation on campus from my previous year and knew some of the guys from there and knew they probably weren't kidding.

[I am not a nice person in my everyday life, on the contrary I am a very REAL person. And to top that off, I am much better with words than most guys are because, both of my parents were public speakers by profession growing up.]

I leaned in and quietly ripped them up one side and down the other using some very choice words.
It was the equivalent of a mother pulling her son off the playground by the ear.

It was a mutual cut.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunChiOmega View Post
When I went through Rush I was initially really glad that my roommate would be rushing too. Even though I did not know her, I thought it would be something we could bond over. I was so wrong! She took several shots of vodka right before the first round of parties and was upset when I wouldn't join her in "relaxing" before rush. The morning after the first round of parties there was a knock on our dorm room door and it was her Gamma Chi who had come to tell her she had been dropped from every single house. She was really upset and kept on asking me why I thought she had been cut. Um hello? You were plastered!
Lol WOW...that's such a smart thing to do before an important event...DUH! Oh and thank you for not "relaxing" with her.