GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,784
2 members and 1,782 guests
PGD-GRAD
Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2015, 01:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Come on people! Enough is enough!

Can I suggest there be a new Recruitment Stories section for each year? It is really annoying when this page keeps popping up OLD recruitment story threads. And, PEOPLE, all these "retro" stories are lame. And, can we have a definition of what a "story" is? Just stating which groups someone goes back to each day using a coded name system on a mystery campus is just useless and a waste of everyone's time. If you want to tell a story, then add some details like what happened each day, how you felt, etc. This page has seriously become frustrating.

Example of bad recruitment story. (just imagine this spread out over 3-5 days)

"Hi! I'm Patty PNM and I'm going to Mystery U. There are 5 sororities which I will name Blue, Black, Red, Orange, and Yellow.

I got invited back to Blue, Black and Red for the 2nd round. I ranked them Blue and Black. Then I got Black and Red for Preference. I ranked them Black and Red. I got Red. Now, I'm a [INSERT ACTUAL SORORITY]."

That is BORING and a super big waste of time. If you don't want to actually tell a story, then please don't post.

I know I'm a bitch for saying these things. But, I know there are other people out there that are feeling the same way. You are just too nice to say it. You can thank me privately.

-- Anonymous Alumnae from Silent Sorority
Old 08-23-2015, 02:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsohappy View Post
1. Too many "sticky" posts. Annoying.
2. Way too many "retro" stories. Super annoying.
3. Too many bumps of stories posted from previous years. Aggravating.
4. Too many people telling pnms what they can and can't say. Rude.

Other than that, this page is really entertaining.
Quote:
Can I suggest there be a new Recruitment Stories section for each year? It is really annoying when this page keeps popping up OLD recruitment story threads. And, PEOPLE, all these "retro" stories are lame. And, can we have a definition of what a "story" is? Just stating which groups someone goes back to each day using a coded name system on a mystery campus is just useless and a waste of everyone's time. If you want to tell a story, then add some details like what happened each day, how you felt, etc. This page has seriously become frustrating.

"Hi! I'm Patty PNM and I'm going to Mystery U. There are 5 sororities which I will name Blue, Black, Red, Orange, and Yellow.

I got invited back to Blue, Black and Red for the 2nd round. I ranked them Blue and Black. Then I got Black and Red for Preference. I ranked them Black and Red. I got Red. Now, I'm a [INSERT ACTUAL SORORITY]."

That is BORING and a super big waste of time. If you don't want to actually tell a story, then please don't post.

I know I'm a bitch for saying these things. But, I know there are other people out there that are feeling the same way. You are just too nice to say it. You can thank me privately.

Complain much?

How about you tell us your story. Are you in a sorority or a fraternity, what organization, how long ago did you go through recruitment?

Last edited by Nanners52674; 08-23-2015 at 02:10 PM.
Old 08-23-2015, 02:11 PM

Quote:

If you don't know why people tend to keep it coded/anon, you haven't been on this site very long.

Lakers Nation.
Old 08-23-2015, 02:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Old 08-23-2015, 02:13 PM

I do have a criticism, though.

I understand a time delay if you're currently participating in recruitment.

However, there is no reason for you to wait TWELVE DAYS to post Day 2. Especially if your story is retro.

Lakers Nation.
Old 08-23-2015, 02:17 PM
GreekChat Member

anonymity is not the issue. The issue is posting something that says NOTHING. Also, I am not going to post my recruitment story because it isn't current and would be yet another example of something annoying.
Old 08-23-2015, 02:19 PM
GreekChat Member

I like well written retro stories. I also understand the need to be anonymous if in real time. Clearly, your mileage varies.
Old 08-23-2015, 02:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
anonymity is not the issue. The issue is posting something that says NOTHING. Also, I am not going to post my recruitment story because it isn't current and would be yet another example of something annoying.
Cool, you keep doing you. GC will keep doing what it's done for the last decade +, which seems to have worked out well for the site.
Old 08-23-2015, 03:03 PM

Honestly, no one is shoving a flat iron up your ass forcing you to read it. There are PLENTY of threads I don't like but I don't make a special post to complain about them.

The coding started because people were replying in the threads with annoying "shameless plugs" and because people didn't feel they could speak freely if they used actual names or locations. If you really think your enjoyment should trump someone else's discomfort, or if someone should risk getting cut so you know the real names and locations, you're right, you are a bitch.
Old 08-23-2015, 03:13 PM
GreekChat Member

OP, you have 6 posts: 2 were introductory, 1 was neutral and 3 (50%) are bitchy complaints. You don't say much of value, and yet you continue to post. See how that works? Feel free to ignore everything that doesn't entertain you.
Old 08-23-2015, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator

I was going to advise you not to read what you don't wish, but 33 summed it up much more eloquently.
Old 08-23-2015, 04:01 PM
GreekChat Member

You would be shocked if you knew who I am. This is a profile I created to speak my mind without attributing it to my national group by which I am known. I am a REGULAR poster in GC and contribute handily. Some of these stories are fun. But, the forum page has got WAY too many stickies and it gets littered with threads that aren't current for the subject. Yes, I'm talking to you 33Girl, Miss Moderator. I haven't got anything up my ass. Just tired of you letting this forum become a cluttered mess. Not as good as it used to be!
Old 08-23-2015, 04:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
You would be shocked if you knew who I am. This is a profile I created to speak my mind without attributing it to my national group by which I am known. I am a REGULAR poster in GC and contribute handily. Some of these stories are fun. But, the forum page has got WAY too many stickies and it gets littered with threads that aren't current for the subject. Yes, I'm talking to you 33Girl, Miss Moderator. I haven't got anything up my ass. Just tired of you letting this forum become a cluttered mess. Not as good as it used to be!
Seriously? How about you act like an adult and post from your normal account. If you can't stand by your criticisms why should anyone care about your opinion?

Cowardly and immature.
Old 08-23-2015, 04:08 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't read the retro stories, or the old, bumped stories either. I can tell which ones they are by the number of posts, so I just ignore them.
Old 08-23-2015, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Um, if you were regular, you'd know that 33 only mods in Events and ASA and doesn't really have any control over spam?

Lakers Nation.
Closed Thread