GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,395
3 members and 1,392 guests
Cookiez17, g41965, JayhawkAOII

Old 01-01-2014, 02:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Spring Recruitment

Hey everyone

I've been scrolling through the different threads attempting to find answers to my questions, but I can't seem to find anything that has fully answered them. I am the new VP of Recruitment for my colony, and I am currently trying to work out some plans for Formal Spring Recruitment Week (dry) in three weeks.

Though I have many recruitment event ideas, I'm struggling with the ideas for the actual four days of formal recruitment. I have two of the days planned out, and am struggling for two of them. The two I am struggling with are both invite back nights, one on-campus and one off.

For the on-campus, I was thinking along the lines of poker/pool hall night. However, it's an over-done theme. If you all could give some ideas to either switch things up or ideas for new themes, that would be much appreciated.

For off-campus, I was thinking some restaurant or something like laser tag (because it's somewhat different). Bowling is done too much for our campus especially, and we're not allowed but a certain distance from campus. The restrictions aren't great, but I have work with what I'm given. The only reluctance I have about the restaurant is that potentials would only be able to talk with some brothers and not get to know the others.

Suggestions, please?

Thanks,
A.M.
Old 01-01-2014, 03:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Do a google or bing search within the number of miles that you are able to travel for events. Then see what sticks out at you. Look for the unique or fun places at which you will still be able to interact with your guests: billiards clubs, Sky Zone, Dave & Busters, etc. I have no idea where you're located, but most major cities have lots of opportunities. If you are in a smaller area or more remote area with fewer commercial options, do you have an alum with a cool man cave? Big screen TV, pool, game tables, etc. Maybe you could have an event there: watch a game, play cards, eat wings, whatever. Try to have a fun night but don't sacrifice getting to know your guests.