GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 775
1 members and 774 guests
No Members online

Old 02-02-2012, 11:08 PM
GreekChat Member

More than one "bid day?"

Is there ever more than one day that fraternities give bids out?

For example, I know tonight there is a fraternity that is giving out bids, and I didn't get a call back. Would there be another chance, because I texted one of the rush chairs and he said he'll let me know more about rush about events this week. Idk if that is just being nice or he's being legit. Help?
Old 02-02-2012, 11:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Honestly, he's being nice. Move on
Old 02-02-2012, 11:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by frat123 View Post
Is there ever more than one day that fraternities give bids out?

For example, I know tonight there is a fraternity that is giving out bids, and I didn't get a call back. Would there be another chance, because I texted one of the rush chairs and he said he'll let me know more about rush about events this week. Idk if that is just being nice or he's being legit. Help?
I don't know your situation or your campus. On many campuses, it is the case that bids can be given out throughout rush. If a PNM knows lots of chapter members, they may get a bid at the first event, while other PNM's may not get bids until they've met more people.

If the rush chair indeed invites you to additional events, you should go.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:20 AM
GreekChat Member

I've heard of 1 or maybe 2 campi where fraternity rush is handled similarly to sorority rush, but in general there is no big Yeah Woo Hoo! We're all here with our new pledge class moment. They are ongoing until they reach the number they want and/or run out of suitable candidates.

If you're worried about a particular fraternity, if it's not too late maybe you should see if there are others to consider. Not as a backup but as an alternative that you may not have considered before.

Good luck. I hope it works out for you.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:05 AM
GreekChat Member

On my campus, bid could go out as early as Sunday and had to be turned in by Friday. Just go to more events and try to connect with different brothers then you have in the past.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Bids can be given as early as the fraternity wants to, but most are unofficial until at least rush week. One of my pledge brothers got his during the Summer, whole another got it during orientation week. I wouldn't worry, as some give after rush week as well, starting pledging a week later that others.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXPanther View Post
On my campus, bid could go out as early as Sunday and had to be turned in by Friday.
My campus had something similar to this. Bids could go out on a certain day and had to be turned in by a certain day (set by the university). This in turn ended up with all groups giving almost all their bids out on the first day. The next few days were for stragglers or people the groups hadn't met yet.