GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 1,519
0 members and 1,519 guests
No Members online

Old 08-17-2011, 07:03 PM
GreekChat Member

The video is funny! I found the Anderson cooper link: http://youtu.be/eNMX8_PTwh4
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-17-2011, 09:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just interested View Post
They are having a good time and being silly. The only problem is they post it on utube for a review.
I think that's it exactly. I also thought Anderson Cooper gave it the serious treatment it so richly deserved.

I should disclose that I have a huge crush on Anderson, so I may have a bias.

Old 08-17-2011, 09:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Does anyone know recruitment for Delta Gamma works?

Does a PNM who is going through recruitment have to withdraw before interviewing with DG?

Will DG be taking quota?

Thanks!
Old 08-17-2011, 10:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Yes, many of us do.

Yes, should not be participating in formal recruitment while interviewingx with Delta Gamma.

No, they will be taking average chapter size, which will be determined after formal recruitment but somewhere around 260.

Go to www.deltagamma.org for more detailed information regarding dates and to sign up for an interview.

Or, you could just talk with the Greek Life office at UA....

Last edited by Titchou; 08-17-2011 at 10:03 PM.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
Yes, many of us do.

Yes, should not be participating in formal recruitment while interviewingx with Delta Gamma.

No, they will be taking average chapter size, which will be determined after formal recruitment but somewhere around 260.

Go to www.deltagamma.org for more detailed information regarding dates and to sign up for an interview.

DG is conducting interviews while FR is still taking place? Is that normal? I thought, in most colonizations I'd heard of, they began interviews after FR.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaBetaBaby View Post
DG is conducting interviews while FR is still taking place? Is that normal? I thought, in most colonizations I'd heard of, they began interviews after FR.
I got a postcard to thank me for my recs, and it said interviews will be Aug 18-25. Then they will have an invite-only pref event on Aug 27. Bid day is Aug 28.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgdramadawg View Post
I got a postcard to thank me for my recs, and it said interviews will be Aug 18-25. Then they will have an invite-only pref event on Aug 27. Bid day is Aug 28.
This is what I heard as well. I understood that it's OK for a woman to go through FR and then NOT sign a pref card. Let her go through the process and make sure those houses are not her home FIRST, and then withdraw and continue on with DG's interview process.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaBetaBaby View Post
Due to the large number of women who will go thru the colonization process, they are interviewing both weeks. During FR, they are interviewing those who signed up only for the colonization (they are many) and any women who drop out of FR.

They've been told to expect several hundred women to interview so they've set it up this way to handle them all.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirley1929 View Post
This is what I heard as well. I understood that it's OK for a woman to go through FR and then NOT sign a pref card. Let her go through the process and make sure those houses are not her home FIRST, and then withdraw and continue on with DG's interview process.
It's always been allowed to do this everywhere. No one can force you to sign one if you don't want to do so.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
It's always been allowed to do this everywhere. No one can force you to sign one if you don't want to do so.
Of course, but I was just clarifying. What you said below made it sound like (to me, anyway) that if someone wants to be considered for DG colonization, they should not be participating in FR at all. Which is not the case.

Quote:
Yes, many of us do.

I know what you meant, but I wanted to make sure others did as well.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Thank you for the information!

We have a hometown girl going through. Hoping she finds the right fit. When I asked about DG she was unsure about the process. And for some reason thought they were only taking 60 girls?

Our hometown is filled with DG alumni!

I told her to ask the Rho Chi.
(This is almost as bad as when my own child went through recruitment!)
Old 08-18-2011, 09:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Thank you scrapcat for posting the Anderson Cooper link...hilarious! I am wondering if any of you ladies have a link to the rap the KD's at Auburn made before it was taken down...heard it was pretty cute & I am really anxious to see it Thanks ladies!
Old 08-18-2011, 10:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for the link to the Anderson Cooper video. I too have a crush on him!

The Bama video was cute and they were having fun without taking themselves too seriously. Personally I would have just kept it inhouse for the PNMs. I saw the KD video yesterday, but can't find it today. It was cute, but much too long. They repeated themselves quite a bit.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Oh I forgot, really wish we were getting more info on Bama recruitment. Inquiring minds (much nicer than nosey ) are dying to know.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:47 AM
GreekChat Member

I agree, We don't have any PNMs or Moms posting this year. Of course my daughter can't share anything, and the actives may not know any numbers anyway.