GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Social

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,422
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, indisigma00
» Online Users: 2,686
3 members and 2,683 guests
Cookiez17, indisigma00

Old 01-06-2001, 03:47 AM

Post How many?

How many exchanges/mixers and formals do your chapters avg in a year? We'd always have two formals a year and try to get 6 exchanges in. Chapter funds get eaten up pretty quickly when you don't have a house to hold things at. So a lot of money gets blown renting a space for the party.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-06-2001, 08:12 PM
Unregistered-

Let's see...we have our Halloween Party, Feast of Roses (initiation celebration), and Christmas semi-formal. For the spring semester we have our Valentines Mixer, International Reunion Day (Founders Day celebration), and Rose Ball (formal to end the year!). I know about having a tight budget. I was Social coordinator last semester and it was horrible trying to scrimp and save $$$!

And as always..in between those events the TKEs will have their functions like their Gentlemen's club party, etc.
Old 01-06-2001, 10:12 PM
GreekChat Member

at the University of Texas, the standard for most NPC sororities is as follows:

In the fall:
5 exchanges - the limit set by the Panhellenic Council
2 Date events (date dash, crush, etc.)
1 junior-senior event such as a cocktail
1 "informal"

In the spring:
Crush party
Formal
Senior Night Out
1 - 2 Date Events

These aren't counting 2-house events (two sororities), academic events, or sisterhood events!!!
Old 01-08-2001, 12:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Wink

We actually have a lot of events through out the semester. We average four mixers during rush (which lasts two weeks), a mixer every week so we end up with about 15 total,and a formal in the spring. We also have our White Rose Dinner, where we name our sweetheart, and we have that in the fall, we name the other sweetheart at the formal. We also have two date events each semester. The houses at my school are very active in the social scene, because this does not include the parties that each house holds each week.
Old 01-09-2001, 12:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Who you calling "boy"? The name's Hand Banana . . .
we do formals each semester (spring semi), a date party both semesters, and schedule mixers w/ pretty much every sorority each semester - some events become annual (like post-i wedding mixer and our initiation parties), so that's a bonus to the schedule too, plus whatever open events we have to fill in the schedule. feel free to email me if you want, i'm our social chair -

------------------
==================
"So listen up and you will surely see why we wear the scarlet, white and green . . . "
Old 01-10-2001, 11:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation

we have 2 or 3 semiformals a year, and one formal each fall. in the fall semester, we had a mixer every weekend, either a normal party or a tailgate. there are fewer parties in the winter, since rush is in january and the guys don't need to throw as many parties since they've got their pledge class. we have mixers probably twice a month in winter.
Old 02-26-2001, 02:15 PM
GreekChat Member

My sorority is constantly doing things. We usually try to do things that don't cost a lot of money. Whenever we have parties there is a local bar that provides drink specials and lets us use an upstairs room for free. Sometimes they let us sponsor, where we get half of the money from the door in exchange for us doing all of the advertising.

WE USUALLY HAVE:
Two acceptance parties (fall and winter pledge class)
Halloween party
Two Pledge parties (fall and winter)
St. Patrick's Day Party
Date night
Christmas Formal
Senior Roast (December and May)
Annual Camping Trip
Sisterhood Bar-be-que (everyone welcome)
Sisterhood pool party (just sisters)
Pledge Retreats (fall and winter)
Tailgating with all of the greeks at our school

And we usually do a mixer with a different fraternity every week. We try to cram in as much fun as possible!!!