GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,131
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, Yodap
» Online Users: 1,248
2 members and 1,246 guests
navane, Yodap

Old 09-08-2022, 08:13 AM
Super Moderator

One of my sons got his Moderna booster in June. He was to leave for Japan to start teaching a month later, and the Japanese government required that he be tested 4 days before leaving. He was positive. A lot of good that did him to get the booster.

Luckily, he was able to fly with a second group 3 weeks later but we were all agonizing until the second test because we know people who have inexplicably still tested positive a couple of weeks later.
Old 09-08-2022, 11:43 AM
GreekChat Member

My son and I have appointments scheduled for tomorrow. I had scheduled for Tuesday, but they canceled it because they didn't get their shipment yet. Fingers crossed for tomorrow!

A couple weeks after this booster, I think I am going to give up the mask while teaching, but we've all been so cautious due my husband's liver transplant in January -- we don't want to bring any kind of germ home, COVID or a cold or anything. I teach student teachers, and they're all out there picking up all sorts of infections from the kiddos they're working with. So, I may still keep wearing the mask. It's been really nice to not have been sick with anything at all for the past 2.5 years, but I hate teaching with a mask.
Old 09-18-2022, 07:10 PM
GreekChat Member

I got the updated booster and a flu shot yesterday. I'm tired, but can't tell if I'm more tired than I typically am or if it's just the status quo after a busy week.
Old 09-19-2022, 01:45 PM
GreekChat Member

I didn't have any after effects from the shots (I also got the flu shot at the same time). It seems to less noticeable with each booster.
Old 09-19-2022, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator

I just got a flu shot last week. I need to call to see if it's okay to get my second shingles shot now. Which ticks me off because I got the vaccine in 2013 and got shingles 18 months later. Then I got shingles again last January and my doctor told me that the old one wasn't so great and I should get the new one (2 doses).
Old 09-19-2022, 05:02 PM
GreekChat Member

I got the flu shot and the new booster a week ago. No side effects other than sore injection site with the flu shot. I had the original shingles shot and have been fine. Would get the new one but Medicare won't pay for it!
Old 10-01-2023, 11:50 AM
GreekChat Member

So we’re a YEAR past our last Covid post, and I wanted to add this:
Late last week (3 days ago) my wife and I both got the Pfizer “23-24 Covid booster vaccine.

Regarding our other boosters, we’d had sore arms and a bit of lethargy. THIS TIME we both had more severe results: very sore shoulders, extreme lethargy (I slept for 10 hours the first night, my wife slept fitfully). Then she slept nearly the whole day after. She was nauseous and both of us experienced some dizziness.

I’m NOT SAYING we regret getting the shots. But these are more severe reactions than we’d previously experienced.
Just a heads up, friends!!
Old 10-01-2023, 02:16 PM
GreekChat Member

I got mine yesterday. Been having sore, achy joints since about an hour after the dose, but the injection site is not as sore.
Old 10-01-2023, 02:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Got mine on Friday...my arm was really sore and I felt blah and tired until about 24 hours later. Motrin helped. Fine today! This was definitely the most noticable after effect of the 7 various doses I've had. My husband had no after effects.
Old 10-01-2023, 03:55 PM
Super Moderator

They gave the teachers free flu shots at school a couple of weeks ago, and that will be the extent of the shots I get this year. I already got all the "oldies" shots like shingles and pneumonia.
Old 10-01-2023, 04:05 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm getting mine Thurdsay at the end of the day. My Friday is slow at work so I can take it easy on the couch with my laptop if needed.
Old 10-01-2023, 04:06 PM
GreekChat Member

We’re up to date on all of our shots. Just a sore arm for me. I was kind of sleepy, but then again, I’m always sleepy lol.
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!
Old 10-01-2023, 07:36 PM

I knew there was a new booster in the works. I did not know it had been released.

In the fall of 2021 and 2022, my husband and I went for the double jab - flu and Covid shots, one in each arm. In the spring of 2022 and 2023, we both got Covid. (Worse, in 2023 my in-laws were visiting, and we unknowingly exposed them - we were contagious and asymptomatic. FIL spent a couple of days in the ICU.)

I think my bouts with Covid would have been a lot worse if I hadn't gotten my shots. So, unless there's a real reason not to, go get your jabs. Thanks for the reminder - I need to sign up for mine.
Old 10-02-2023, 12:18 AM
GreekChat Member

I’m vaccinated but I’ve never trusted Covid or the vaccines. It seems like it has turned into a big profit gain for pharmaceutical companies and states. I definitely think Covid was made on purpose in a lab. I also think they had the vaccine before the virus was released. Governments are crazy shady like that.
Old 10-02-2023, 07:53 AM
Super Moderator

Agree with Zach.