GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,462
1 members and 1,461 guests
bjenzdarka5720

Old 04-18-2005, 12:36 AM
GreekChat Member

ever planning on calling? grr!
Old 04-18-2005, 01:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to damasa Send a message via AIM to damasa Send a message via Yahoo to damasa
Quote:
Originally posted by FAB*SpiceySpice
I have been in love with my best friend from home since my junior year of high school...

I thought after he left for college, a year before I did, and joined a fraternity and everything we'd drift apart. Especially when I decided to go to school like 8 hours away from him.

But even throughout his many girlfriends and my boyfriends we still talk every single day and it sucks.

Too bad I never want to move back to Omaha or else maybe we could finally like you know, get married or something.

I miss him I wish he was here.

This is the most random/stupid post I've ever made...
You should fly to Omaha and scrump on him.

I drove through Omaha and the rest of Nebraska on my way to California and it made me feel like empty, there wasn't much to look at really. But it was better than driving through freaking Wyoming and most of Nevada.
Old 04-18-2005, 12:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlphaGamDiva Send a message via Yahoo to AlphaGamDiva
ooooooooooooooh i like this boy i like this boy i like this boy i like this boy i like this boy i like this boy and this boy is coming to my sis's wedding with me in 2 wks and then i'm going to his best friend's wedding with him in a month and he's a good kisser and he's kinda dorky and i like that and i like him and it's really cool and i feel all giddy and isht all the time about him and it's weird but i like it.

someone needs to tell me to stop....i like this guy way too much for something catastrophic not to happen.

and on another note......the ex boyfriend that my parents hated b/c of his color......found out last wk that he knocked some girl up, they are engaged, but that he had BOUGHT ME A RING. yeah, like had the ring, was gonna propose, but oopsie i broke up with him and therefore didn't find out about it until a year later. it was a carat and a quarter, and this chick's ring is only a quarter (from what i hear)........couldn't help but let out a little chuckle on that one.

My Facebook
Old 04-18-2005, 01:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Yesterday the boy and I went out with some of my friends for dinner/drinks. Had a good time overall. I had told him on friday (when he paid for dinner) that I would pay the next time we went out. But last night he didn't offer to pay. So I pay and I'm a little pissed off when we're driving home. So We get to my house and he's like thanks for dinner, you didn't have to pay for it. I was like, you're welcome. The thing is if I didn't have to pay for it WHY DIDN"T YOU OFFER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????? ??????? At least offer to pay half, especially when we're at a slightly pricey place and my portion of the bill would have been like 1/4 of what our total was together. I think maybe a combination of me just grabbing the bill to look at it and us hanging with my friends maybe, but I'm a little annoyed still. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Do I say something or let this go???
Old 04-18-2005, 03:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by OtterXO
I had told him on friday (when he paid for dinner) that I would pay the next time we went out. But last night he didn't offer to pay. So I pay and I'm a little pissed off when we're driving home.
Just read those lines, carefully and slowly. You are mad because he let you do what you said you would do.
Old 04-18-2005, 03:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AGDee
Just read those lines, carefully and slowly. You are mad because he let you do what you said you would do.
I know. I realized I may have overreacted (in my head, btw…not to him) because I had a couple of annoying things happen on Saturday night and on Sunday morning something else shitty happened. So I wasn’t in the best mood yesterday anyway and I may have had some misplaced anger/annoyance. I’m also really sensitive to the possibility of people taking advantage of me (in the $$$ department) because it’s happened to me a lot, specifically there was an instance on Saturday night that really pissed me off.
So my hypersensitivity + 3 shitty experiences during the weekend + him not offering to pay = me getting really annoyed and misdirecting it all to him not paying. I feel like an asshole!
Old 04-19-2005, 12:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
Quote:
Originally posted by OtterXO
I’m also really sensitive to the possibility of people taking advantage of me (in the $$$ department) because it’s happened to me a lot, specifically there was an instance on Saturday night that really pissed me off.
Me, too--I feel the exact same way. But you did say that next time you'd pay, and in guy thinking, that means you're going to pay the next time, period. Maybe he didn't want to offend you by offering to pay. Who knows. So it doesn't really seem like you were taken advantage of in this particular instance, but I know it sucks, especially when you're poor and he orders three times as much as you do. One of my exes suggested that we go get lunch one time, and being as how it was close to his birthday I offered to pay...but he didn't mention the fact that he had two gift certificates to that restaurant in his pocket. Well, he did--after we got outside. I was a little ticked, not only because neither of us would've had to pay if he'd said something, but also because he knew good and well that I didn't have much money. He didn't, either, so I always tried to foot the bill as often as I could whenever we went out, but come to think of it, I was always careful to order something cheap when he paid, but oh, when I was paying he would never fail to order the most expensive thing on the menu.
Old 04-19-2005, 11:24 AM
GreekChat Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by AchtungBaby80
Me, too--I feel the exact same way. But you did say that next time you'd pay, and in guy thinking, that means you're going to pay the next time, period. Maybe he didn't want to offend you by offering to pay. Who knows. So it doesn't really seem like you were taken advantage of in this particular instance, but I know it sucks, especially when you're poor and he orders three times as much as you do. One of my exes suggested that we go get lunch one time, and being as how it was close to his birthday I offered to pay...but he didn't mention the fact that he had two gift certificates to that restaurant in his pocket. Well, he did--after we got outside. I was a little ticked, not only because neither of us would've had to pay if he'd said something, but also because he knew good and well that I didn't have much money. He didn't, either, so I always tried to foot the bill as often as I could whenever we went out, but come to think of it, I was always careful to order something cheap when he paid, but oh, when I was paying he would never fail to order the most expensive thing on the menu. [/]

That's the thing, why wait until AFTER to say something like "you didn't have to pay for dinner" or "by the way I have a gift certificate"....some people just think differently i guess. It's so funny, I couldn't stop thinking about this issue and I was talking to a girl at work about this yesterday. She said her system is whoever invites the other person out should pay. I think that's pretty good. So if I call the boy (like on sunday) and ask him to dinner with some of my friends, then I should pay. However, if he suggests we do something then he should pay. I feel like that might get slightly complicated if you do that with friends, but it's a good rule of thumb in the romantic relationship department.
Old 04-19-2005, 02:43 PM
GreekChat Member

In my social group one of the boys has a new girlfriend. We like his girlfriend a lot. She is great for him and we're happy to welcome her to our circle. However there is an issue.

She wore a poncho.

She said to us "If I'm ever a fashion victim please tell me". This was within the first half hour of meeting her and we couldn't bring ourselves to say something. We had a discussion that we need to tell her, because we don't want to be phony. So far these are our options.

a) Make a big joke about it and hopefully she will get the hint.
b) Tell her boyfriend to tell her (lame)
c) Have the drag queen tell her as it seems way less bitchy coming from him than from the girls in the group
d) Make the poncho disappear

I think she is wearing it to cover up because she is self conscious of her body (her ex told her she was too fat to love, etc), but we don't care about the shape or size of her body because she's a great girl. Help us, because we don't want to lose our friend or his girlfriend, yet we just can't keep letting this girl wear this.
Old 04-19-2005, 03:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to HotDamnImAPhiMu
is there fringe involved?
Old 04-19-2005, 03:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by HotDamnImAPhiMu
is there fringe involved?
Yes it has fringe. The Drag Queen keeps making jokes about "Touched By A Poncho" and how it could be a reality t.v. show about ponchNO interventions.

She already knows our position on UGGS, sweatpants in public, and trucker hats. So if she owns those we will likely never see them.
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to winnieb
Quote:
Originally posted by aurora_borealis
In my social group one of the boys has a new girlfriend. We like his girlfriend a lot. She is great for him and we're happy to welcome her to our circle. However there is an issue.

She wore a poncho.

She said to us "If I'm ever a fashion victim please tell me". This was within the first half hour of meeting her and we couldn't bring ourselves to say something. We had a discussion that we need to tell her, because we don't want to be phony. So far these are our options.

a) Make a big joke about it and hopefully she will get the hint.
b) Tell her boyfriend to tell her (lame)
c) Have the drag queen tell her as it seems way less bitchy coming from him than from the girls in the group
d) Make the poncho disappear

I think she is wearing it to cover up because she is self conscious of her body (her ex told her she was too fat to love, etc), but we don't care about the shape or size of her body because she's a great girl. Help us, because we don't want to lose our friend or his girlfriend, yet we just can't keep letting this girl wear this.

my answer is C --- only because i LOVE drag queens!!!!
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by aurora_borealis

She wore a poncho.

Okay, elaborate. Is it a poncho circa 1993 once worn on 90210 by Dylan McKay while crying about his father in the cabana at the Beverly Hills Beach Club OR a poncho like the ones recently sold at BCBG and various other retailers? If the former, please have the drag queen say something. If the latter, depending on the ugliness of the poncho or (as hotdamn mentioned) the fringe factor, I would probably not judge her poncho wearing ways. She's simply a trendoid.
Old 04-19-2005, 03:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PiPhiSweetie
sometimes its not what you think.

Quote:
Originally posted by AlphaGamDiva

and on another note......the ex boyfriend that my parents hated b/c of his color......found out last wk that he knocked some girl up, they are engaged, but that he had BOUGHT ME A RING. yeah, like had the ring, was gonna propose, but oopsie i broke up with him and therefore didn't find out about it until a year later. it was a carat and a quarter, and this chick's ring is only a quarter (from what i hear)........couldn't help but let out a little chuckle on that one. [/B]

you should really get your facts straight. The girl you so affectionally talk about is one of my best friends. Just to let you know im pretty sure we know who told you your FACTS, and just to let you know its false. They were engaged, before they found out she was pregnant. And you know what hes happier with her than he ever was with you. The ring she has right now is not her actual ring, he got her that one and then she picked out the one she really wanted, it is a 1 1/2 carat just to let you know. It is a very pretty ring and is away right now getting sized. She has read this and doesnt care what you think or how you found out your information, but just to let you know the true facts. Keep in mind this site is for a lot of people and you may not know who your really hurting.
Old 04-19-2005, 03:36 PM
Banned

Speaking of fashion stuff......

I was in the Gym last night and I saw this blonde chick that was tan as hell, brown hair with highlights, straight hair....probably 5'9. Judging by unintentional staring, her waist had to be a size 3. She had on this little black top thing that looks a little like a sports bra but her tits bounced like crazy on the walking-cycle thing she was on. I dont know if I just forgot how hot most females are in SoFL or what...but this girl was fucking insanely hot as shit. And she had super clear blue eyes. HOT!!! She was like 21 maybe 22 yrs old.

Anyhow, about the fashion thing. She was wearing these pants that were black and tight. They came down in the back to almost her ass crack, just right above it. Her tatoo was showing right there. And on her ass cheeks, written across them on the pants it said " High Maintenance" in white letters. Its was so fucking hot. I couldnt stop checking her out she was so hot. But, I made sure she noticed me. I started doing my biceps about 10 ft away. Hopefully I'll see her tonight. But yea, if any of you girls see those pants....GET THEM!!!!!