GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,354
0 members and 1,354 guests
No Members online

Old 03-03-2008, 03:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiGam View Post
Thats a good one.
Motion to amend list to include not expecting a bid.
Seconded.

Probably one of the more important ones...you wrote that on your "Guide for Rush at Fratty Schools" I think and nevermore true. I'm not completely sure why that was locked because it was an important thread. There is a big differential between the two and these differences make it important to have seperate threads.

But whatever.
Overall, though, it's the bigness of the car that counts the most. Because when something bad happens in a really big car – accidentally speeding through the middle of a gang of unruly young people who have been taunting you in a drive-in restaurant, for instance – it happens very far away – way out at the end of your fenders. It's like a civil war in Africa; you know, it doesn't really concern you too much. - P.J. O'Rourke
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-04-2008, 12:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to nate2512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elephant Walk View Post
Seconded.

Probably one of the more important ones...you wrote that on your "Guide for Rush at Fratty Schools" I think and nevermore true. I'm not completely sure why that was locked because it was an important thread. There is a big differential between the two and these differences make it important to have seperate threads.

But whatever.
Like you would know what truly competitive SEC rush is? And if you do, it's probably because all the competitive fraternities cut you. Because I totally agree with SWTXbelle that you can tell a lot about a person by the way the type, even on GC, and I can tell that you try to make yourself sound more intelligent and above everyone to try to hide the fact that you are truly indeed a ignorant asshole.

Old 03-04-2008, 12:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Old 03-04-2008, 06:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Yawn.

Ad hominem attacks get old.

edited: for deciding not to bother with him.
Overall, though, it's the bigness of the car that counts the most. Because when something bad happens in a really big car – accidentally speeding through the middle of a gang of unruly young people who have been taunting you in a drive-in restaurant, for instance – it happens very far away – way out at the end of your fenders. It's like a civil war in Africa; you know, it doesn't really concern you too much. - P.J. O'Rourke

Last edited by Elephant Walk; 03-04-2008 at 07:09 AM.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:13 AM
GreekChat Member

I added not expecting a bid to the list. Can this get a sticky like the sorority one did?
Old 03-15-2008, 03:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Sooo... no sticky then? Haven't been around in a while- spring break!
Old 04-28-2008, 09:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Okay i have a question. I know its forbidden to wear Abercrombie and Hollister in most schools. Im worried because thats where most of my cloths are from. Note i get them extra large so there not tight and i do have stuff from other "frattier" places. But am i going to have to buy all new clothes when i rush? Im going to UNT by the way, im just a little worried though about that.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffootball37 View Post
Okay i have a question. I know its forbidden to wear Abercrombie and Hollister in most schools. Im worried because thats where most of my cloths are from. Note i get them extra large so there not tight and i do have stuff from other "frattier" places. But am i going to have to buy all new clothes when i rush? Im going to UNT by the way, im just a little worried though about that.
What??

Old 04-28-2008, 09:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiKA2001 View Post
I have to agree with you and PhiGam on this thread, but when it comes to the Three A's, you have to add A|X and Hollister to the no list.
I meant to say to get a bid sorry.

Im probably looking to far into this though.

Last edited by wolffootball37; 04-28-2008 at 09:56 PM.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:05 PM
GreekChat Member

okay i see. Yeah i totally agree with you there. I never liked the big logos. Thanks for the info. I have plenty of khakies, i have a suit, ill probably need some sports coats though, and ties. Yikes. Well my birthday is next month... Thanks allot.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:24 PM
GreekChat Member

It really depends on what fraternity you are most interested in. There are many fraternities that will black list someone immediately if they are wearing A&F, AE, etc.
Its just how things go.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleMissRebel View Post
It really depends on what fraternity you are most interested in. There are many fraternities that will black list someone immediately if they are wearing A&F, AE, etc.
Its just how things go.
I honestly don't know if UNT is like that or not...

however, I do think that there are ALOT of UNT people who read FH or OR... (I think I recall seeing that on facebook or something)...so there's a good chance if you're wearing VV or some such, you might get alot more attention from the fraternities at a school like UNT. It's sort of stupid, but I know in small Greek schools like that where it's a bit different that someone wears a brand like VV...it's been known to work.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to banditone
UNT is not like that. I've been there several times and the greek guys do wear all that stuff.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditone View Post
UNT is not like that. I've been there several times and the greek guys do wear all that stuff.
Well thats sure a relief for me and my wallet! Thanks allot man!
Old 05-09-2008, 02:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to nate2512
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffootball37 View Post
Well thats sure a relief for me and my wallet! Thanks allot man!
Yeah, just relax and have fun. The whole bash on Abercrombie and Hollister talk was had mainly for SEC and frattier institutions.

On the other hand, you are going to college, and as such you should update all aspects of your wardrobe. My personal opinion is that Hollister clothes should remain like they were intended and should stay with the high school crowd. Abercrombie is a little more tolerable in college as thats what its geared toward really, but as SECdom said, keep the logos conservative.
But no matter what brands you wear, you definitely want to keep it more along the lines of polos and such.