GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Phi Epsilon

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,712
2 members and 1,710 guests
g41965, PGD-GRAD

Old 02-03-2007, 05:03 PM
GreekChat Member

At my alma mater, I was the first SigEp Rose and Violet Award recipient, given to 1 Greek woman of excellence each semester. They did not have sweethearts until after I graduated, and since then, they have had one sweetheart each year, usally someone who has been lavaliered and is engaged to one of the brothers.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KappaStargirl View Post
what makes someone a sweetheart? humor the girl who went to a school with three sororities and 5 fraternities.
At our chapter as well as every other chapter, we hold the title of SigEp Sweetheart to the highest regards. It is one of the highest honors that we could give to someone who we see as more than worthy of wearing our letters and our pin. So not just anyone can be a SigEp Sweetheart. It is a very difficult selection process and some chapters have not even given out that title. They do not necessarily have to date or be engaged with a bro in the chapter but it would be a bonus if you were dating someone since it's one of the best ways to get to know all the bros in a chapter. In Cal beta alpha, one of our 2 Sweethearts is engaged to one of our bros.

Anyways, I guess one of the best "in a nut-shell answers" of what a Sweetheart is was given by one of our alums. He said that a Sweetheart is a woman who, if she was a man, would have been a SigEp.
Old 07-25-2008, 01:50 PM
GreekChat Member

I am the Sig Ep Sweetheart for Cal Sigma Chapter

I love Sig Ep they are like brothers to me, the most special group of men I have ever met!

Xi Love
Lizzy
Old 05-04-2009, 09:37 PM
GreekChat Member

i'm not a sigep sweetheart but i love the sigep house on our campus and have tons of friends in there! what can i say i love me some sigep boys!!!
Old 04-04-2010, 11:14 PM
GreekChat Member

hey! im a sweetheart from the Penn Nu chapter :]
Old 04-05-2010, 02:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Hooray!
Old 04-05-2010, 07:05 AM
Super Moderator

My daughter is a Sig Ep Sweetheart! Here is the romantic way they told her: they texted her.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:43 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm not a sweetheart, but I am a Sigep Pearl (one step down from sweathearts, my mans chapter only gives fiances sweetheart after a really bad breakup ruined it for everyone) and my boyfriend really wants to lavalier me(we will be getting engaged next year, so then I can be sweethearted), however they are a new chapter and have never done it before. is there a ceremony to go along with it? or is it just presented in a super romantic way?
Old 05-28-2010, 11:44 PM
GreekChat Member

pi phi, yeah there is a ceremony. we just had one at my chapter for my big's soon to be fiancee
Old 06-25-2010, 09:38 AM
GreekChat Member

I am a Sweetheart at Ky Zeta! When they decided to sweetheart me they came to my sororities chapter meeting and did it in front of the whole chapter! It was really thoughtful and sweet! Definitely the best guys!
Old 07-04-2010, 03:27 PM
GreekChat Member

I am the SigEp sweetheart for TN EPSILON chapter! They announced it at their spring formal during the dinner. They brought me to the front with roses and violets and sang the song. It was so sweet and I had NO idea what to do. I literally froze and said, "I feel so... weird!" As if I couldn't have thought of a better word to use at the time?!! It is such a honor and I could not be happier. What type of things to you ladies do for the guys? I want to do something sweet and different when school starts!
Old 11-27-2010, 12:57 PM
GreekChat Member

I am a Sigma Phi Epsilon Sweetheart for Ky Zeta's chapter at Morehead State University. I'm also a Kappa Delta here, and they came and surprised me at my chapter meeting. It was so beautiful and all my Kappa Delta girl's thought it was the sweetest thing. It was so nice to be able to share that moment with my sorority as well as the boys I love!