GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,043
1 members and 1,042 guests
LaneSig

Old 08-09-2000, 11:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Post music music

what kind of music does everyone like?

I hate them stupid boy bands and rap and country i like hard rock music and alternatvie..
Old 08-09-2000, 11:40 PM
GreekChat Member

i am in love with tori amos!

i have about 35-40 of her CDs, pictures of her packed away to be plastered all over my apartment, been to five concerts in five different states...i'm a healthy-obsessed "ear with feet"...toriphiles know what that means.

i also like bjork, MORI STYLEZ, eminem, pink and as much as i hate to admit this...jessica simpson. okay, so i really like that song "i think i'm in love with you".

etienne
sigma alpha iota

------------------
"red is the color of music and has been since the very earliest of times. the caps of faeries and musicians are well-nigh always red."~*~w.b.yeats

"I think that happiness is when you can let yourself feel every emotion you want at any time instead of being a lying little fuck." - Tori Amos
Old 08-10-2000, 12:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Wink

I listen to everything, but I am partial to 80's music and (embarassment) Britney Spears...I love "Lucky"! But then again I like Live and Fuel too...so I gues I'm schizo when it comes to music.

[This message has been edited by preppie (edited August 10, 2000).]
Old 08-10-2000, 01:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Okay, I am so behind the times here in Korea, but I must say that I love Chico Debarge's CD from last year. I don't care what anyone says about his trying to sound like D'Angelo. Whatever. Saying you sound like D'Angelo is a compliment, not an insult. I've just about played that CD out. Good thing I live alone or my roommate would be complaining about hearing it again.

I'm sure none of you know of Jo PD as he is a Korean rap artist but I think he is so talented.

Someone on another forum mentioned Macy Gray and the 3 songs I've heard by her, I like. I really like some old stuff, like Marvin Gaye and I will never lose faithfulness to Anita Baker because that woman's voice is so deep and rich and beautiful. Stephanie Mills too. And because of my mother, I like Luther Vandross. Hey, stop laughing at me! I think I like Maxwell just because I love his hair. And no one is about to deny the talent of D'Angelo, I'm sure (nor deny that body, man!)

There are more, but . . .
Old 08-10-2000, 03:29 AM
GreekChat Member

ah, yet another deep and probing topic from heather: boys, clothes, television, music. (this coming from the woman who posted about tweezers . . . )

[This message has been edited by Asia2000 (edited August 10, 2000).]
Old 08-10-2000, 03:32 AM
GreekChat Member

I have a question for heather:

What do you think you have to contribute to a sorority that would be generous enough to lend you an invitation to become a member of their esteemed organization (as I am sure all of our organizations are most esteemed in our own eyes)?
Old 08-10-2000, 08:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Hey at least it isnt posted under RUSH... LOL!!----They'll find something i promise. Yall just think im inmature.
Old 08-10-2000, 11:32 AM
GreekChat Member

I pretty much listen to anything w/ a good, danceable (sp?) beat. The only thing I don't care for is country but I kinda like Shania. But that's about it. I listen to mostly r&b, hip hop and some rap like Snoop, Dr Dre, some of Eminem oh and I love, love love Jay Z.
Old 08-11-2000, 11:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Ok I kinda didnt make my self clear when i posted this.. I dont like boybands but some of them look good 98* and them Nsync guys Whhoooooooo there cute!
Old 08-11-2000, 01:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

I'll put in my 2 cents on this topic. I listen to what most would dub "alternative", but I hate that term! I like some heavy metal and hardcore stuff. I dig punk, but don't know much of it, just old school, sex pistols, ramones, germs, dead kennedy's, and the mainstream pop punk like Blink 182. I like old arena rock, KISS, Ted Nugent, etc. and I like rap/hip hop, beastie boys, run-dmc, dr. dre, etc. Not a big country fan, but I know a lot of it because of my mom, sister, and school busdriver. I hate boy bands, and teen pop, but Christina and Britney are hot! I'll listen to just about anything, even 80's hair metal, and some disco, but that doesn't mean i really like it I guess that was more about a nickel than 2 cents, but who cares.

------------------
Steve Corbin
Lambda Chi Alpha
Theta Kappa Chapter
Rose-Hulman Inst. of Tech.
Old 08-11-2000, 08:12 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Siobhan
Talking

I listen to a lot of 60's and 70's rock. Some of my fave groups are The Guess Who, The Beatles, The Beach Boys, Pink Floyd, Led Zepplin, David Bowie, and U2
Old 08-12-2000, 12:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Okay, although it is somewhat embarassing, I LOVE 98 degrees! Nick Lachey is just too much, however, unfortunately he's with Jessica Simpson. Emiminem is pretty cute too!
I listen to a lot of rap, dance music, and top 40-stuff. I love the radio.
And I never listened to country before I went to school, but SIU is pretty far south in IL, and its abundant, so I got into it there. So, Dixie Chicks are about the best girl band out there!

------------------
"Keep your face towards the sun, but don't forget to keep your feet firmly planted ont he ground."
Old 08-12-2000, 06:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Luv to listen to jam bands. Hey, my parents were hippies. The Dead, Blues Traveler, Spin Doctor, Phish, Dave Matthews Band, Widespread Panick, Conehead Buddha, Guster, moe., etc. I also love cheesy 80s music like the cars, oingo boingo, and new wave. Love old school rap, like NWA, Public Enemy, Black Sheep, Ice-T, Ice Cube (granted, he was in NWA), etc.
Old 08-12-2000, 01:25 PM
GreekChat Member

e Blink182 and Creed and POD, Metalica and stuf like that.
Old 08-15-2000, 03:30 AM
GreekChat Member

I've never really liked rap before, but I went out and bought Nelly's CD and found that I actually really really like it. It's all I've been listening to for a few weeks now.

I've always been a Guns N Roses fan (stop laughing), and I own every album. Other older favorites include the OLD Metallica (I refuse to listen to their new trash), White Zombie, Megadeth, Alice in Chains, Motley Crue, Skid Row, yada yada yada.

In the past year, I've been listening to a lot of Powerman 5000, Rob Zombie, Bloodhound Gang (again, the OLD stuff), DMB, Destiny's Child, Creed... a pretty wide range of stuff.

It's always difficult trying to find good new bands, though, considering I live in the middle of nowhere. The songs that are popular in NYC or LA, for example, don't get to my town until WAY after they're dead everywhere else. That means the radio station I listen to is just now starting to play "Boy I Think I'm In Love With You."

One more note, speaking of that song: if one more pop princess/boy band/rap superstar steals another song/melody/background from an older song, I'm going to get violent.