GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,505
1 members and 1,504 guests
bjenzdarka5720
Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2002, 07:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi UFgirl! I read this thread back in June and it was so weird to read it because it was about your experience at recruitment and we were rushing at UF at the same time! (BTW, Group 2 rules! ) It was funny to read your accounts because it was like going back in time and "tent talking." Anyway, glad to see everything worked out! And I can't wait for us to have our first recruitment on the other side this year! See ya in G'ville in a month!

Panhellenically,
Dyan
Old 08-24-2013, 11:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to UFgirl
Had to bump

Hey ladies,
WOW. I can't believe this was me 12 years ago. How did that happen?

I was having fun reading recruitment stories and I thought on a whim to look for my own. Low and behold, 2001 story found. I couldn't help but bump it.

I was one of the women who got heavily cut after round one. When I went into rush (sorry, I'm an oldie) I literally knew no one at the school, and had zero recs. However, I was just so excited to be part of the whole thing that I didn't care if I got dropped by all but one chapter...I just wanted to be a part of it. I couldn't be happier with the result, and I'm still extremely close with several sisters. We're actually planning a little trip back to Gainesville next month.

Anyway, thanks for letting me be old and nostalgic for a minute.
Old 08-25-2013, 01:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Hahaha, remember the days when we posted rush stories with the real names of the chapters? This was a great one.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:22 AM
GreekChat Member

This is interesting to read...full disclosure...and I was surprised to read a sorority had closed...especially during these times now...and before DZ colonized and built their house....how times change!
Old 08-15-2015, 10:44 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm delighted by your story. Maybe we'll meet at Camp Alpha Nu or another event one day.
Old 08-15-2015, 02:44 PM

And what is the best thing for any PNM reading to take away from this thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFgirl View Post
Hey guys! I just got back from getting my invitations and I got less than I thought I would The good thing though is that the invites I got back were all at chapters that I felt comfortable in, and would definetly accept a bid from any of them. I got invited back to Phi Mu, Alpha Chi Omega, Chi Omega, and Sigma Kappa. Round two starts today and continues on thursday (wednesday is the first day of school so there's no rush events) and then there will be more cuts. I'll post later on at night about how round two went! talk to you guys later!!
She had a quick moment of being sad about not getting a full schedule, but fundamentally, she wasn't sad about the invites she didn't get. She was happy about the invites she did get. Have your moment, dust yourself off, and move on.