GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,508
2 members and 2,506 guests
ajehnztsa1361, Cookiez17

Old 07-04-2003, 02:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to APHIASU
Wink ASU A-Phi to the rescue!

I would like to thank everyone for their input BUT I think that I will have the most accurate info for you Absolute! I am the recruitment chair for Alpha Phi at ASU therefore you can feel assured that you have the best advice.

For the first day your Rho Chi will tell you to dress casual...its a lie! I wore denim capris and a hot pink top with matching J crew flip flops and wanted to cry when I showed up because I felt sooooo under dressed. So my suggestion for the first round would be a cute skirt and top. The first day you only get to meet eighteen of the members of each house so I would save your cutest outfits for day 2 and 3 when the whole chapter gets to meet you.

The second day I suggest to spice it up a little and get a bit more dressed up. Possibly more tailored looking and classy!

I would wear something very similar the third day.

Then for preference night it is very dressy. Most girls wear black dresses and heels and up dos, personally as a rush chair I remember the girls who wear something original. I suggest wearing a hot-pink, red, or blue dress. I know it sounds funny but you will receive a lot of props and every chapter will remember you because of the color. Think Charlotte from "Sex and the city"

Each day gets progessively dressier. For the first two days wear fun bright colors like a white skirt and bright top. Again the bright outfits really stand out! Nordstrom has some super cute stuff right now! Another suggestion is to get a good manicure and pedicure, I suggest french on both. No airbrushing or flashy colors (Shudder). Speaking for my own chapter we look for classy women so that's the best advice I have for clothes, keep it very classy and remember what I tell my women...you are dressing for women not men! Haha! PS I noticed that you met the A-phis at USC! I have visited them and hung out there and I absolutely loved them...plus their house is amazing!Hope I helped clear things up! If you need any other advice let me know! Good luck!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-04-2003, 02:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to APHIASU
[QUOTE]Originally posted by scbaby
[B]Hi, about the whole "living -in " thing, asu sorority girls live in a square two-story structure called "the adelphi commons" and so only about 30 girls from each house can live there, so basically freshman and most sohomores don't get to live in. My mom went to usc so i saw the houses there and asu doesn't have those. I'm going to rush asu next year as a freshman so i'll see you there!

Although we live in a small area and do not have beautiful houses. Living at Adelphi commons was a blast! I'm an A-Phi and our neighbors were Kappa and AGD and we all used to hang out and have so much fun! Usually, it is all fresh. and soph. who live in, and Juniors and seniors get live out privileges. Next year we are housing app. 50 women because AGD got moved to a different location, so now we have our women living in over flow! I personally lived there for two years and loved it! Lots of people to barrow cute outfits from!
Old 07-04-2003, 02:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to absolutuscchick
Re: ASU A-Phi to the rescue!

Quote:
Originally posted by APHIASU
I would like to thank everyone for their input BUT I think that I will have the most accurate info for you Absolute! I am the recruitment chair for Alpha Phi at ASU therefore you can feel assured that you have the best advice.

For the first day your Rho Chi will tell you to dress casual...its a lie! I wore denim capris and a hot pink top with matching J crew flip flops and wanted to cry when I showed up because I felt sooooo under dressed. So my suggestion for the first round would be a cute skirt and top. The first day you only get to meet eighteen of the members of each house so I would save your cutest outfits for day 2 and 3 when the whole chapter gets to meet you.

The second day I suggest to spice it up a little and get a bit more dressed up. Possibly more tailored looking and classy!

I would wear something very similar the third day.

Then for preference night it is very dressy. Most girls wear black dresses and heels and up dos, personally as a rush chair I remember the girls who wear something original. I suggest wearing a hot-pink, red, or blue dress. I know it sounds funny but you will receive a lot of props and every chapter will remember you because of the color. Think Charlotte from "Sex and the city"

Each day gets progessively dressier. For the first two days wear fun bright colors like a white skirt and bright top. Again the bright outfits really stand out! Nordstrom has some super cute stuff right now! Another suggestion is to get a good manicure and pedicure, I suggest french on both. No airbrushing or flashy colors (Shudder). Speaking for my own chapter we look for classy women so that's the best advice I have for clothes, keep it very classy and remember what I tell my women...you are dressing for women not men! Haha! PS I noticed that you met the A-phis at USC! I have visited them and hung out there and I absolutely loved them...plus their house is amazing!Hope I helped clear things up! If you need any other advice let me know! Good luck!
THANK YOU SOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!
I was completely planning on wearing white cropped pants, one of those cute new skinny polos and flip flops the first day!!
Old 07-04-2003, 05:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ASUGPhiB
Quote:
Originally posted by absolutuscchick
As for the new members living in, I'm not sure...does anyone else know?
Just for more information. As for the new members to move on it is highly unlikely in the Fall semester of which they rush. Sometimes there are sororities that have not filled their floor and their is an extra spot in which you can move on. A lot of times there might be room Spring semester. I know last year we had 6 spots open up because either seniors graduated or girls went to study in Europe for the semester. In my house the following year you have a great chance of moving on.
Old 07-05-2003, 07:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to absolutuscchick
Is living in a REQUIREMENT? Because I have a lease on an apartment and I won't be able to break it! I know at usc it was hard to get to live in, and very few freshman got to live in, and at some houses, even sophomores weren't able to! Thanks again

A late happy fourth of july to all
Old 07-06-2003, 02:06 AM
GreekChat Member

First, Good Luck on rush!!!!!! Just be yourself and show off your winning personality.

Secondly, listen to what APHIASU stated about clothing choices. First impressions are important. But I do believe ASU should be sending you an information packet about rush. I don't actually know though being an alumna.

As for your question about living in the dorms. I don't believe it is required. Again being an alumna, I'm not quite sure.

I could have sworn at one point, prior to them (the sororities) moving to Adelphi Commons (when they were still at PV Main) that they were actually required to live on the floor, but I also believe PV Main could hold more girls than Adelphi can. But I'm totally guessing. I'm sure that if you recieve a bid than the chapter will inform you.

Again, Good luck on rush and have fun.

Brianna
Alpha Delta Pi
Old 07-08-2003, 06:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to wendykkg
Hey there...im actually a kkg over at asu...so lemme see if i can help ya out. It seems like you kinda understand how the whole attire thing works out. basically most girls wore jean skirts and nice tops through the majority of the days. Its arizona...so it gets hot! wear something cool. For pref day (the last day) you wanna wear a cocktail dress, which i guess is your basic black dress or other type of short to knee length fress. then again im trying to remember what i wore and dont remember, lol! Basically a summer dress i guess.

And she pretty much answered the housing thing---we all live in Adelphi Commons. New members rarely live in, that is if there is space. I admit I was really dissapointed coming to asu not having houses. My whole family was greek over at USC--and theyre total mansions! lol. But the complex is a really cool system...it really bonds all the sororities together. This will actually be my first year living there--im a soph...so im pretty excited!

I didnt realize it but it looks like APHIASU really answered most of the questions for rush! So good luck and hope you have a great rush! Just have an awesome time, and no matter what house you choose, you'll have a blast!!